Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:04 am

gatorgirl2012 wrote:Sorry if this has been mentioned here already, but who should I contact to negotiate money?


Anyone? :?

cortland55
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby cortland55 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:22 am

Rasaus wrote:wait listed! :cry:


How did they notify you? You went under review yesterday right?

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby toshiroh » Wed May 01, 2013 11:52 am

I was wait listed guys. Anyway, good luck to all of you who were accepted. I guess I'll start studying for October LSAT.

Rasaus
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Rasaus » Wed May 01, 2013 4:00 pm

cortland55 wrote:
Rasaus wrote:wait listed! :cry:


How did they notify you? You went under review yesterday right?


notified by e-mail to check the status checker page and it said I was waitlisted. And yes I went under review yesterday.

par14
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby par14 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Thanks for replying. I was wondering the same thing. I went under review yesterday but my status has not changed.

tcny98
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby tcny98 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:35 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:Sorry if this has been mentioned here already, but who should I contact to negotiate money?


Anyone? :?


+1

tcny98
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby tcny98 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:37 pm

ValerOn1820 wrote:Decision made and will arrive by mail.

Denial? Were there any Acceptances when status checker says this statement? International student with lsat that is below their median.


Yeah mine did, and then I got the acceptance letter in the mail 2 weeks later.

ValerOn1820
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:27 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby ValerOn1820 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:21 pm

tcny98 wrote:
ValerOn1820 wrote:Decision made and will arrive by mail.

Denial? Were there any Acceptances when status checker says this statement? International student with lsat that is below their median.


Yeah mine did, and then I got the acceptance letter in the mail 2 weeks later.


it's a good news! thanks!

Rasaus
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Rasaus » Thu May 02, 2013 10:58 pm

par14 wrote:Thanks for replying. I was wondering the same thing. I went under review yesterday but my status has not changed.


no problem! Wish you the best :)

tcny98
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby tcny98 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:45 am

ValerOn1820 wrote:
tcny98 wrote:
ValerOn1820 wrote:Decision made and will arrive by mail.

Denial? Were there any Acceptances when status checker says this statement? International student with lsat that is below their median.


Yeah mine did, and then I got the acceptance letter in the mail 2 weeks later.


it's a good news! thanks!


Don't lose hope :)

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Has anyone applied for need-based aid and actually heard back?

cortland55
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby cortland55 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:33 pm

anyone still under review from 4/30? is it a bad sign?

par14
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby par14 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:44 pm

I am still under review and I've been wondering the same thing. Went under review on 4/30 and no word yet.

Aria27
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Aria27 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Me also! Complete 4/30 ... No word yet. :|

Aria27
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Aria27 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:45 pm

* i meant "under review"

cortland55
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby cortland55 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:33 pm

mine switched to decision will be mailed today...guess its a denial because no phone call...blows.

par14
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby par14 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Mine too and I assume the same. Very disappointing!

tcny98
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby tcny98 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:24 pm

cortland55 wrote:mine switched to decision will be mailed today...guess its a denial because no phone call...blows.

That's not true. I didn't get a call and mine said the same thing. I got in.

kristengrace
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby kristengrace » Sun May 05, 2013 4:46 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:Has anyone applied for need-based aid and actually heard back?


Wondering the same thing. I put in my application on 4/24. Would be nice to hear back before my seat deposit is due on the 15th.

aztec27
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby aztec27 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Any past or current students have any housing suggestions? Looking for a fun atmosphere, but quiet at the same time. Would be willing to live in a house, but would probably prefer an apartment close to the law school. I am in tallahassee right now from San diego so would love to check some places out before I head back.

Thanks for any help,
Jeremy

cortland55
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby cortland55 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:39 pm

anyone hear anything from people that got a decision on May 3rd? still waiting here...

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby minuit » Sat May 11, 2013 5:22 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:Sorry if this has been mentioned here already, but who should I contact to negotiate money?


Anyone? :?


If you haven't done so yet, my suggestion is to contact Dean Benavides regarding scholarship negotiation.

tcny98
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby tcny98 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Withdrawn. My spot is back in the pot for everyone on the waitlist!

Legaleagle1
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:59 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Legaleagle1 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:47 pm

tcny98 wrote:Withdrawn. My spot is back in the pot for everyone on the waitlist!


Same here. Best of luck.

markymark0819
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:48 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby markymark0819 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 am

Withdrawn as well. No scholarship aid vs Tulane at 30k scholarship per year. Fsu was my number one but I can't spend that kind of money for identically ranked schools. Hopefully this opens a spot for someone - good luck!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”