Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Spritzpiggy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Congrats to all admits!! I went to FSU for undergrad so if you have any questions about Tally or the campus life in general PM me. I cannot express how much I love my school

User avatar
Ramble On
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Ramble On » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 am

Has anyone had to wait 3 months to see a decision?

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby ashleydy10 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 am

Ramble On wrote:Has anyone had to wait 3 months to see a decision?



Went complete on 12/3- so im pushing three months :(

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby slawww » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:44 am

Ramble On wrote:Has anyone had to wait 3 months to see a decision?


I waited over 3 months just to be put on hold.

User avatar
scottyc66
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby scottyc66 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Did you guys get an email for the status checker or any sort of confirmation after you applied. I applied about a month ago and haven't really thought about it, but I never got any sort of email saying they got the app or giving me status checker info...

User avatar
Ramble On
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Ramble On » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:05 pm

scottyc66 wrote:Did you guys get an email for the status checker or any sort of confirmation after you applied. I applied about a month ago and haven't really thought about it, but I never got any sort of email saying they got the app or giving me status checker info...


Yeah, I got it a couple days after I sent in my app. You might want to call them.

gameface
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby gameface » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Spritzpiggy wrote:Congrats to all admits!! I went to FSU for undergrad so if you have any questions about Tally or the campus life in general PM me. I cannot express how much I love my school



What's the culture on campus? Cooperative/Competitive?

whisky
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby whisky » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Anybody heard about scholarships that filled out the application from the email that said we were supposed to hear by the end of January? I filled mine out in late December and haven't heard anything.

User avatar
AMilfordMan
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby AMilfordMan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:13 pm

whisky wrote:Anybody heard about scholarships that filled out the application from the email that said we were supposed to hear by the end of January? I filled mine out in late December and haven't heard anything.


Seems like a call on Monday would be in order.

whisky
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby whisky » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:08 pm

AMilfordMan wrote:
whisky wrote:Anybody heard about scholarships that filled out the application from the email that said we were supposed to hear by the end of January? I filled mine out in late December and haven't heard anything.


Seems like a call on Monday would be in order.


Yeah that's what I'm planning on. I took the lsat again today so i haven't really paying attention to my application stuff for the past couple weeks.

whisky
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby whisky » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Got my scholarship offer via email last night. I called yesterday and they said I should hear by the end of the week. Sounds like most people who filled out the priority scholarship application should find out soon.

chomp
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby chomp » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:44 am

I was accepted in early December and got my scholarship award by email Monday night also :)

lawschoolstudent85
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 pm

http://youtu.be/O40Wr62hUgs

We have fun at FSU Law. You should join us.

User avatar
fragrock
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby fragrock » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:50 pm

I got my scholarship offer today. 20K the first year and 10K the second year. Has anyone else seen an offer that's only through 2 years? Even with the choice to become a resident, it seems strange to offer nothing the third year. Definitely something to think about.

penelope1
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:06 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby penelope1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:42 pm

UR 2 weeks ago, on Hold 1 week ago, UR again today, in via phone call today.

apinarba
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby apinarba » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm

did anyone else get the webinar invite?
submitted mid-dec and haven't even gone under review yet- hoping this is a good sign and not general email haha

User avatar
AMilfordMan
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby AMilfordMan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:53 pm

apinarba wrote:did anyone else get the webinar invite?
submitted mid-dec and haven't even gone under review yet- hoping this is a good sign and not general email haha


I got it and I have been admitted. Sorry. Hang in there! It's peak time right now.

gameface
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby gameface » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 am

lawschoolstudent85 wrote:http://youtu.be/O40Wr62hUgs

We have fun at FSU Law. You should join us.


This is a very convincing video...FSU it is for me

gameface
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby gameface » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:11 am

fragrock wrote:I got my scholarship offer today. 20K the first year and 10K the second year. Has anyone else seen an offer that's only through 2 years? Even with the choice to become a resident, it seems strange to offer nothing the third year. Definitely something to think about.


Congrats on your scholly ... when were you admitted? Were you invited to apply for this scholarship or did they award it based on your application?

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
scottyc66
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby scottyc66 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

fragrock wrote:I got my scholarship offer today. 20K the first year and 10K the second year. Has anyone else seen an offer that's only through 2 years? Even with the choice to become a resident, it seems strange to offer nothing the third year. Definitely something to think about.

#s? I just got accepted with 3.37 and 165 and was wondering what my chances for scholly were.

User avatar
fragrock
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby fragrock » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:45 pm

gameface wrote:
Congrats on your scholly ... when were you admitted? Were you invited to apply for this scholarship or did they award it based on your application?

Thanks in advance.


I was admitted January 11 I think, and they sent me an invite to apply for the scholarship January 17. Was not offered anything up front. Not sure what the deal is with the two year offer, but I'm kind of turned off by it.

scottyc66 wrote:#s? I just got accepted with 3.37 and 165 and was wondering what my chances for scholly were.


Numbers are in my profile. With your numbers, I'd expect them to send you the application for sure.

muhami
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby muhami » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:53 pm

In at FSU w/ 15k/yr scolly!
Last edited by muhami on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kmarie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby kmarie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:54 am

Anyone going to admitted students day on friday? Whats the dress code?

nationalphenom
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:05 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby nationalphenom » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:34 am

for any current students/alumni in this thread, how would you describe job prospects for someone out of state with virtually no ties to the area? (assuming i'm in the median or better)

User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Spritzpiggy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 am

gameface wrote:
Spritzpiggy wrote:Congrats to all admits!! I went to FSU for undergrad so if you have any questions about Tally or the campus life in general PM me. I cannot express how much I love my school



What's the culture on campus? Cooperative/Competitive?


Hey there! Sorry for such a delayed response but I haven't checked the thread for awhile. I attended UG there so obviously take whatever i say in that context (also, i did spend two years on a research project that had me spending a lot of time in the law school library). Anyways, the atmosphere overall is incredible. The professors are very accessible. I frequently dropped in on them during office hours and they were always glad to chat about any topic or question I brought them. One of these professors ended up inviting me to participate in a research project (mentioned above) and, after we got a large grant for the project, paid all of us researchers a legitimate salary to continue the research. The collaborative atmosphere seems to apply all over campus. For instance, when I was a junior I wanted to do an internship abroad and enroll in a university that FSU wasn't partnered with. In order to do so the faculty and administration from multiple colleges absolutely jumped through hoops to make it happen. Without their help I would have missed out on what became one of my best memories of UG.

My knowledge of the law school itself is from the perspective of an outsider, however students were more than willing to help me locate books and articles i needed for my research. They didnt seem extremely stressed and were able to crack jokes about whatever we happened to be studying at the time. Anyways, FSU has a great atmosphere that extends everywhere on campus. Its very relaxed and nobody is trying to sabotage anyone else to get ahead. If I could do one thing over in my life I honestly would go back to FSU all over again

One benefit of FSU and the law school in particular is that it in right near the Capitol and you can easily meet legislators, lobbyists, etc. I spent a year working for he governor while I was in UG and the law school is merely steps away from the Capitol. I know that my experience there helped me get the position I now hold. Its so easy to meet and get involved in govt in Tallahassee that for someone interested in these sorts of things I can't fathom attending another school where you could only network during your summers off. Anyways, that's my take as an FSU UG. Any questions please feel free to PM me :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CenterFringe, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, JordanLaw15, Kaziende, MSNbot Media, rat333, Smc1994 and 10 guests