University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chicot

New

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by chicot » Thu May 02, 2013 9:41 pm

brewcrew7000 wrote:
chicot wrote:I will probably ride the WL until they reject me. WI is my top choice and, at the moment, the only law school that makes sense for my situation.

When were you waitlisted?

I was waitlisted February 22nd. I applied ED back in October, got moved to regular admission, then waitlisted. Been waiting a long time....
Same story here - applied ED in Oct, deferred and then waitlisted. The waiting game is quite unnerving. I just want some news right now, bad or good.....

brewcrew7000

New

Post by brewcrew7000 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Same here, I just want to hear news so I can get on with my life....

mkemmitt

New

Post by mkemmitt » Fri May 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Hang in there, guys. The admitted student FB group has less members than the entering class size, and while I know not everyone has a Facebook, who really doesn't have a Facebook?
Also you can still look forward to the big deposit deadline on May 15th. I'm pretty confident they'll dig into the waitlist.

chicot

New

Post by chicot » Fri May 03, 2013 12:57 pm

mkemmitt wrote:Hang in there, guys. The admitted student FB group has less members than the entering class size, and while I know not everyone has a Facebook, who really doesn't have a Facebook?
Also you can still look forward to the big deposit deadline on May 15th. I'm pretty confident they'll dig into the waitlist.
Thanks for the posting. I do hope you are right.

mkemmitt

New

Post by mkemmitt » Fri May 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Have either of you sent a LOCI?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chicot

New

Post by chicot » Fri May 03, 2013 2:09 pm

mkemmitt wrote:Have either of you sent a LOCI?
Yes, I sent a LOCI and an additional LOR in April, just before the decision deadline for admitted students. I also called the admission office several times to ask about the waitlist but didn't get any useful info. I wish they could tell me aproximately how many students they expect to take off the waitlist, if any. I was thinking to call directly the dean of admissions, maybe get more clear answers, but not sure if that's apropriate.

Anyway, I am planning to send another LOCI after May 15th (though not sure what to write since I have no updates since April....I might just send a short email saying that I am still interested in attending).

brewcrew7000

New

Post by brewcrew7000 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:04 am

mkemmitt wrote:Have either of you sent a LOCI?

Thank you and I also hope you are correct about digging into the WL. I sent in my LOCI as well in about march and also had my dad send something, who is a UW law alum

Dick Dastardly

New

Post by Dick Dastardly » Sat May 04, 2013 2:12 am

I'm a 2L here, it is 1am, and I have a beer in my hand. If any of you are awake, I'm taking questions.

mkemmitt

New

Post by mkemmitt » Sat May 04, 2013 3:02 am

Is it a New Glarus?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dick Dastardly

New

Post by Dick Dastardly » Sat May 04, 2013 3:19 am

mkemmitt wrote:Is it a New Glarus?
Yes they were. Good question.

Clarity

Bronze

Post by Clarity » Tue May 07, 2013 12:32 pm

I got waitlisted this morning. For those of you that wrote a LOCI, how did you express your likelihood to enroll?

ndel21

Bronze

Post by ndel21 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Clarity wrote:I got waitlisted this morning. For those of you that wrote a LOCI, how did you express your likelihood to enroll?

When did you apply??

Clarity

Bronze

Post by Clarity » Tue May 07, 2013 12:58 pm

ndel21 wrote:
Clarity wrote:I got waitlisted this morning. For those of you that wrote a LOCI, how did you express your likelihood to enroll?

When did you apply??
I applied in early February but my file wasn't complete until the middle of March. I dropped the ball and didn't realize my file was missing something.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chicot

New

Post by chicot » Tue May 07, 2013 1:56 pm

You could say that UW is one of your top choices and then explain why. Also, include any updates you have since you applied.

Is Wisconsin your top choice? Do you mind sharing your numbers?

Good luck and stay sane while waiting :)

Clarity

Bronze

Post by Clarity » Tue May 07, 2013 3:23 pm

chicot wrote:
You could say that UW is one of your top choices and then explain why. Also, include any updates you have since you applied.

I am trying to write why but I have pretty much just written LOCI Twilight Edition. Everything I write sounds so cheesy and ridiculous. I withdrew from the other schools I was accepted to. Right now I am deciding between Wisconsin (if I get accepted) and taking a year off. I will PM you my numbers if you would like. Thank you. Good luck to you as well. Is Wisconsin your top choice? Are you in-state or out of state?

chicot

New

Post by chicot » Tue May 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Clarity wrote:
chicot wrote:

I am trying to write why but I have pretty much just written LOCI Twilight Edition. Everything I write sounds so cheesy and ridiculous. I withdrew from the other schools I was accepted to. Right now I am deciding between Wisconsin (if I get accepted) and taking a year off. I will PM you my numbers if you would like. Thank you. Good luck to you as well. Is Wisconsin your top choice? Are you in-state or out of state?
I think most LOCI sound similar, unlike personal statements where you are expected to be original. Wisconsin is my top choice as well since I am a WI resident. However, if not admitted to WI, will attend another school. You could pm me your numbers.

Good luck with the waiting game as well. I know how heavy uncertainty feels. Almost every day I want to pick up the phone and call them to ask about the waiting list :(

Clarity

Bronze

Post by Clarity » Wed May 08, 2013 5:23 pm

chicot wrote:
Clarity wrote:
chicot wrote:

I think most LOCI sound similar, unlike personal statements where you are expected to be original. Wisconsin is my top choice as well since I am a WI resident. However, if not admitted to WI, will attend another school. You could pm me your numbers.

Good luck with the waiting game as well. I know how heavy uncertainty feels. Almost every day I want to pick up the phone and call them to ask about the waiting list :(
Thank you for the help! So maybe I can help you a little in return? The waitlist e-mail I got said that there are people on the waitlist that are very likely to receive admission offers and they re-evaluate the waitlist regularly. Also that they will be letting people on the waitlist know within the next few weeks if they are going to be offered admission or not. Not sure if you already knew that information or not.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chicot

New

Post by chicot » Thu May 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Thanks for sharing. Good luck!

chicot

New

Post by chicot » Mon May 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Could anyone please tell me how many members the admitted students facebook group has? During these agonizing moments, I am trying to speculate on my chances to get off the waitlist.

mattfoley

New

Post by mattfoley » Mon May 13, 2013 4:46 pm

chicot wrote:Could anyone please tell me how many members the admitted students facebook group has? During these agonizing moments, I am trying to speculate on my chances to get off the waitlist.
I second this. I am also hoping to get off of the waitlist, though it seems like a long shot.

mattfoley

New

Post by mattfoley » Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 pm

mattfoley wrote:
chicot wrote:Could anyone please tell me how many members the admitted students facebook group has? During these agonizing moments, I am trying to speculate on my chances to get off the waitlist.
I second this. I am also hoping to get off of the waitlist, though it seems like a long shot.
OK so a quick Facebook search brought this up: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5878365 ... 1/?fref=ts

It appears there are about 183 members, though I'm not sure if all of these individuals have already committed to UW or not (I guess it's safe to assume they have, otherwise why would they join the group?) History has shown that UW Law typically enrolls around 215-250 students per class, so if this 183 number is close to accurate and there there aren't many more committed members who haven't joined the Facebook group, then there are roughly 30-40 spots open, which should bode well for us waitlisters.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chicot

New

Post by chicot » Mon May 13, 2013 5:10 pm

mattfoley wrote:
mattfoley wrote:
OK so a quick Facebook search brought this up: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5878365 ... 1/?fref=ts

It appears there are about 183 members, though I'm not sure if all of these individuals have already committed to UW or not (I guess it's safe to assume they have, otherwise why would they join the group?) History has shown that UW Law typically enrolls around 215-250 students per class, so if this 183 number is close to accurate and there there aren't many more committed members who haven't joined the Facebook group, then there are roughly 30-40 spots open, which should bode well for us waitlisters.
This number is quite high assuming that not all admitted students joined the Facebook group....

ndel21

Bronze

Post by ndel21 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:55 pm

chicot wrote:
mattfoley wrote:
mattfoley wrote:

This number is quite high assuming that not all admitted students joined the Facebook group....

You are also assuming that all the people in the group are admitted students, there are few people that current students as well.

lawstudent002

New

Post by lawstudent002 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:08 pm

For those on the waitlist, not sure if this has been said yet but the deposit deadline is 5/15. I would expect that offers to people on the waitlist will start rolling out by the end of this week/early next week, once they get an idea of what their class looks like. If UW holds steady with what they have done in the past, there is a strong likelihood that a significant number of offers will be made to people on the waitlist. I would expect a large waive of waitlist offers. Also, spots are likely to open up throughout the summer, so if you can wait it out, then do it (if you're committed to UW that is). Make sure they know that you will definitely, without a doubt, accept an offer of admission should you get one. Other than that, you've done what you can.

Also, don't feel like you can't reach out to the admissions office to inquire about the status of your applications. From my experience, they are good people and are willing to answer questions if they can.

Good luck!

chicot

New

Post by chicot » Mon May 13, 2013 9:26 pm

lawstudent002 wrote:For those on the waitlist, not sure if this has been said yet but the deposit deadline is 5/15. I would expect that offers to people on the waitlist will start rolling out by the end of this week/early next week, once they get an idea of what their class looks like. If UW holds steady with what they have done in the past, there is a strong likelihood that a significant number of offers will be made to people on the waitlist. I would expect a large waive of waitlist offers. Also, spots are likely to open up throughout the summer, so if you can wait it out, then do it (if you're committed to UW that is). Make sure they know that you will definitely, without a doubt, accept an offer of admission should you get one. Other than that, you've done what you can.

Also, don't feel like you can't reach out to the admissions office to inquire about the status of your applications. From my experience, they are good people and are willing to answer questions if they can.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info. I was aware of the 5/15 deadline and I am getting very anxious as it is getting closer :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”