George Washington c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jrstephens1991
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby jrstephens1991 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:31 pm

People already off the waitlist? I thought that didn't begin until beginning of April. :roll:

Texafornian
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby Texafornian » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:49 pm

ssservices wrote:FYI for those of you waiting on money, I was admitted in mid-January and didn't hear anything about merit money, so I wrote in on February 13th to see what the deal was. Turns out they had sent me an email about my 20k a year scholarship at the end of January, and Gmail had sent it to my spam folder. Might be worth a look (or not)!


Which email address did it come from?

User avatar
scretcher
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby scretcher » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Does anyone know if GW offers travel stipends for admitted students? Flights from SF to DC aren't nice on the wallet.

User avatar
radar714
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby radar714 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:41 pm

any1 going to the Admitted students event in LA on 2/27?

User avatar
scretcher
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby scretcher » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:41 pm

scretcher wrote:Does anyone know if GW offers travel stipends for admitted students? Flights from SF to DC aren't nice on the wallet.


To answer my own question, GW sent this to me in an email:

For admitted students who are traveling to attend the Preview Day (March 22) or Preview Evening (April 4th), a reimbursement for travel expenses of up to $150.00 will be provided upon matriculation. (When booking travel, please save all receipts reflecting payment.) "

User avatar
kaf5250
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby kaf5250 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 pm

anyone try negotiating scholarships yet or think its too early still?

User avatar
stone_fox
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby stone_fox » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:19 pm

radar714 wrote:any1 going to the Admitted students event in LA on 2/27?


I am. It would cost way more than $150 to fly out for ASW.

KingsCup
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby KingsCup » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 pm

stone_fox wrote:
radar714 wrote:any1 going to the Admitted students event in LA on 2/27?


I am. It would cost way more than $150 to fly out for ASW.


I am as well, although I'm going to both the one in LA and preview day

KingsCup
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby KingsCup » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 pm

BitterSplitter wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:all these 3.x 166 admits are giving my sub 3.0 166 some hope!

sub 3.0 165 :(

sub 3.0 167 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


LOLOL sadly that one point merits envy..best of luck on your cycle


I already got in with a 2.8/167, so that could bode well for you guys

User avatar
BitterSplitter
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby BitterSplitter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:08 pm

.
Last edited by BitterSplitter on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
radar714
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby radar714 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 pm

bgoodrick wrote:
stone_fox wrote:
radar714 wrote:any1 going to the Admitted students event in LA on 2/27?


I am. It would cost way more than $150 to fly out for ASW.


I am as well, although I'm going to both the one in LA and preview day


see you both there!

KingsCup
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby KingsCup » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:53 pm

BitterSplitter wrote:
bgoodrick wrote:I already got in with a 2.8/167, so that could bode well for you guys



You sir, are a scholar and a baller. Thanks for the positive vibes


I'm also a Mechanical Engineering major, don't want to bring down any vibes, just want you to be fully informed

kaf5250 wrote:anyone try negotiating scholarships yet or think its too early still?


I haven't yet, but I will be soon. Got some decent scholly's from some schools ranked fairly close

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:11 pm

bgoodrick wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:
bgoodrick wrote:I already got in with a 2.8/167, so that could bode well for you guys



You sir, are a scholar and a baller. Thanks for the positive vibes


I'm also a Mechanical Engineering major, don't want to bring down any vibes, just want you to be fully informed


Computer Science here hello fellow engineer

User avatar
scretcher
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby scretcher » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:03 am

if offered admission, by what date must you decide whether or not you are going to attend?

if the answer is on the web, please link me :D

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:19 am

.
Last edited by lhanvt13 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
mg7
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby mg7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:48 am

lhanvt13 wrote:
scretcher wrote:if offered admission, by what date must you decide whether or not you are going to attend?

if the answer is on the web, please link me :D

http://www.law.gwu.edu/Academics/degree ... Apply.aspx
May 1st . check under Fees :)

That's a link to the summer program at Oxford, so unless that's what you were talking about, ignore that link.

I don't see anything online about when you actually have to register for classes and whatnot, but the first seat deposit of $500 is due 4/15, and the second seat deposit of $1,000 is due 5/31. I got the info from the admitted students' website. It also says that submission of your seat deposit means you are acknowledging this statement:
I understand that my acceptance to The George Washington University Law School is issued with the recognition that any course work I have in progress will be completed satisfactorily, with no significant changes in my grades. In addition, I understand that my non-refundable deposit(s) will be applied to tuition incurred in my first semester of attendance, and that if, for any reason, I withdraw prior to or after the point of matriculation at GW Law, my deposit(s) will be forfeited.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:27 am

woops ignore!

bergdd
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:32 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby bergdd » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 am

Are people already off the waitlist?

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby T20hopeful89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 am

scretcher wrote:if offered admission, by what date must you decide whether or not you are going to attend?

if the answer is on the web, please link me :D



I just got an e-mail saying April 1 if you have received scholarship (April 1 is their first seat deposit).

ivonmx
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:29 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby ivonmx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:08 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
bgoodrick wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:
bgoodrick wrote:I already got in with a 2.8/167, so that could bode well for you guys



You sir, are a scholar and a baller. Thanks for the positive vibes


I'm also a Mechanical Engineering major, don't want to bring down any vibes, just want you to be fully informed


Computer Science here hello fellow engineer


Another computer science here :lol:

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:58 pm

ivonmx wrote:
Another computer science here :lol:

yay!

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby JesusChrist » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:14 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
ivonmx wrote:
Another computer science here :lol:

yay!


You've all made horrible decisions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... K80I#t=14s

maxiguess
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby maxiguess » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:18 pm

radar714 wrote:
bgoodrick wrote:
stone_fox wrote:
radar714 wrote:any1 going to the Admitted students event in LA on 2/27?


I am. It would cost way more than $150 to fly out for ASW.


I am as well, although I'm going to both the one in LA and preview day


see you both there!


I'm going too I think. Mainly because I can't pass up an opportunity to visit the California Club.

KingsCup
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby KingsCup » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:22 pm

does anyone know anything about deferring for a year? I've been thinking about it recently and thinking that it may actually be what I do

atwardow
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby atwardow » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 pm

bgoodrick wrote:does anyone know anything about deferring for a year? I've been thinking about it recently and thinking that it may actually be what I do


This is from GW Law website: "We consider requests for deferral on a case-by-case basis. We will consider your reasons for seeking a deferral and let you know our decision within one or two weeks of receipt of your request. We generally grant one-year deferrals, although we will grant two-year deferrals in some special cases (e.g., individuals who are called to military duty or who choose to participate in Teach for America or the Peace Corps)."

Basically, you need to have a pretty good reason to do it. Otherwise they could refuse your request and withdraw your offer of admission if you don't agree to matriculate this year.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests