George Washington c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KingsCup

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby KingsCup » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:16 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:My interviewer was incredibly fast at getting back to me, and also called instead of emailing. I'm not sure if this is normal, but I have a really good impression so far. At the least, I think it's going to be a pleasant experience.

i agree, mine still emailed me but got back to me very quickly. luckily it seems as though she did things i want to do, and has some similar interests, i feel as though i might actually like it

VeeD101

Postby VeeD101 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:26 pm

gatorfan163287 wrote:Joining the waitlist crowd. 3.67/165 non-URM. Kinda disappointed about this one.

With your numbers, that is very surprising.

Jacq2212

Postby Jacq2212 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Anyone have the link for the status checker or is the website just down? My email link isn't working.... :?

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Jacq2212 wrote:Anyone have the link for the status checker or is the website just down? My email link isn't working.... :?

What you have to do is copy+paste it because the link doesn't work but the website is correct.

But here ya go: https://aces.law.gwu.edu/YourStatus/mem ... dl9HPbk%3D

Circlewave

Postby Circlewave » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 am

the waitlist email came up on my iphone and the sender line said 'WAITLIST@GWU.EDU'

kinda takes the excitement out of it haha

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:10 am

Circlewave wrote:the waitlist email came up on my iphone and the sender line said 'WAITLIST@GWU.EDU'

kinda takes the excitement out of it haha

:|

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:52 am

WLed, which was a huge surprise because of my low numbers! Gonna try my hardest to get off the list, though I don't think I'll be able to afford this school :oops:

mittz

Postby mittz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Long time lurker, joining the WL crowd. Astounded I even got this far.....

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Got in interview e-mail today. Good news I think.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:56 pm

emarxnj wrote:Got in interview e-mail today. Good news I think.

Good luck! I haven't been following your cycle too closely, but how's it going so far?

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:20 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Good luck! I haven't been following your cycle too closely, but how's it going so far?

Got interviews at Georgetown and GWU, in with 20k at Rutgers (safety), and got dinged at Fordham, which I was bummed about. Still under review for BC, BU, as well as Cornell and Michigan, which are pretty big reaches for me. I hope the interviews are good signs, but I think the C&F issues I have are hurting me. I really thought I was gonna be in at Fordham, even if I wouldn't have gone at sticker. How about you?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm

emarxnj wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Got interviews at Georgetown and GWU, in with 20k at Rutgers (safety), and got dinged at Fordham, which I was bummed about. Still under review for BC, BU, as well as Cornell and Michigan, which are pretty big reaches for me. I hope the interviews are good signs, but I think the C&F issues I have are hurting me. I really thought I was gonna be in at Fordham, even if I wouldn't have gone at sticker. How about you?

Still just sitting on my Midwestern safeties, going to WUSTL ASD soon. I have an interview with an alum, also. I'll post about it when it's over, but I doubt the information will be terribly useful. It's probably going to be very interviewer-specific.

NU really needs to start making more decisions soon or I'm going to go into a stress-induced coma.

KingsCup

Postby KingsCup » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Had interview today, really enjoyed it. Made me feel good that I wasn't rejected immediately. I'm interested to see what the turnaround will be now that I've completed that

michaelm55

Postby michaelm55 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Waitlisted :oops:

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 pm

bgoodrick wrote:Had interview today, really enjoyed it. Made me feel good that I wasn't rejected immediately. I'm interested to see what the turnaround will be now that I've completed that

May I ask what is the interview process? Do you ask for one or do they ask to interview you?

KingsCup

Postby KingsCup » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:06 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
bgoodrick wrote:Had interview today, really enjoyed it. Made me feel good that I wasn't rejected immediately. I'm interested to see what the turnaround will be now that I've completed that

May I ask what is the interview process? Do you ask for one or do they ask to interview you?

GW sent me an email asking if I would be interested in interviewing with an alum. I replied saying yes, then they set up an alum who then emailed me asking when I was free. When we decided on a time, we met and interviewed. It was very chill, but that was for me, totally depends on who it is that interviews you

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 pm

JayJones78 wrote:

I had my interview last week. The interviewer was very nice, and was keen to stress that their role is twofold: (1) to give you the opportunity to express/highlight anything you didn't or couldn't in your application; and (2) to be your advocate, of sorts, to the admissions committee. Maybe my interviewer was just being nice, but evidently, assuming the interview went well, my report will be a hype sheet, which works out just fine for me.

There were the typical interview questions (why law, tell me about your background, why GW), and the typical talking up of GW, no real surprises.

Dasani7

Postby Dasani7 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:40 pm

I got the decision made in my status check on Friday but I still haven't received the email. I know it says it can take up to ten days but is anyone else in this situation? It seems like most people got the email Friday...

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Dasani7 wrote:I got the decision made in my status check on Friday but I still haven't received the email. I know it says it can take up to ten days but is anyone else in this situation? It seems like most people got the email Friday...

Spam filter? Even though I have special alerts set up for law schools that I applied to, gmail keeps sending emails from Cornell to the spam folder.

Dasani7

Postby Dasani7 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Dasani7 wrote:I got the decision made in my status check on Friday but I still haven't received the email. I know it says it can take up to ten days but is anyone else in this situation? It seems like most people got the email Friday...

Spam filter? Even though I have special alerts set up for law schools that I applied to, gmail keeps sending emails from Cornell to the spam folder.

I checked before but I checked more thoroughly again and found it in spam. Waitlist :(

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:06 pm

bgoodrick wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

GW sent me an email asking if I would be interested in interviewing with an alum. I replied saying yes, then they set up an alum who then emailed me asking when I was free. When we decided on a time, we met and interviewed. It was very chill, but that was for me, totally depends on who it is that interviews you

Thanks. It sounds identical to the Vandy interview I had last week with an alum (funny thing: I live in seattle. They only have 2 (!!!) Vandy alums living here that interviews. I spoke with one last year but ended up waiting a cycle. When I sat with this years alum the first thing she to,d me was "if you want to come back to seattle DO NO go to VLS!!" :evil:

Clitophon

Postby Clitophon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 pm

I had an interview (by phone) on 12/18, my status updated on 1/2, and I haven't heard anything since. My interviewer was nice. Asked me why GW, and what sets me apart. Then we (mostly he) talked about GW for a while, and I asked several questions I had. Afterwards he said that he thought I am a great candidate and that I had his recommendation. It is driving me crazy that I haven't heard anything since.

ssolis

Postby ssolis » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Got my admit packet in today! Can we all agree that it is like the coolest thing ever? The awesomeness of the admit packet is actually impacting my decision to go to GW :P

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:26 pm

ssolis wrote:Got my admit packet in today! Can we all agree that it is like the coolest thing ever? The awesomeness of the admit packet is actually impacting my decision to go to GW :P

What's in it? :?:

I live abroad so it will take a while for me to get it...

ssolis

Postby ssolis » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
ssolis wrote:Got my admit packet in today! Can we all agree that it is like the coolest thing ever? The awesomeness of the admit packet is actually impacting my decision to go to GW :P

What's in it? :?:

I live abroad so it will take a while for me to get it...

It looks sort of like a diploma. It opens up to a really nice framed signed letter from Dean Sim with a personal note. Then it comes with the viewbook that you pull out using a ribbon :lol: . It's more of a really neat novelty rather than being informative, but the letter mentions that the admitted students portal will contain all the info about events, housing, financial aid, etc.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”