George Washington c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
postard
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby postard » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Wow, Ramsey. Same dates, they must be up to something.

User avatar
willio
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:17 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby willio » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:09 pm

scretcher wrote:
willio wrote:In via email! 165/3.6 I'm a bit surprised to hear so soon with my numbers.



When did you submit? I have similar numbers (166/3.55) and my status has been at "application complete" since 11/19.



Submitted and complete on 11/6. Status didn't change until is said "Decision Made" on 12/14.

deeds357
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby deeds357 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:11 pm

In via email. Applied 12/3.

cali123
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby cali123 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:12 pm

anteater1 wrote:Wow in via E-mail, that was pretty damn fast for my numbers...

way stoked. :mrgreen:


Me too! So exciting! Congrats all you admits :D

kjones0127
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby kjones0127 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Still at complete 11/6

GoldenGriffin
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby GoldenGriffin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Accepted Today

User avatar
da1sy
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby da1sy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Any EDers get an interview request? Trying to figure out whether this is a good or bad thing. Probably bad.Image

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby venus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Just got the snail mail package. It's pretty cool :)

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby danitt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:27 pm

venus wrote:Just got the snail mail package. It's pretty cool :)

What's in it?

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby venus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:35 pm

danitt wrote:
venus wrote:Just got the snail mail package. It's pretty cool :)

What's in it?

Nothing too special or personal. Just a booklet and a small congrats card. But it's in a large box-y looking package that's like a closed book with a magnet, and then you pull the booklet out with a thread. Just a cool design.

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby kuttlefish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:07 pm

da1sy wrote:Any EDers get an interview request? Trying to figure out whether this is a good or bad thing. Probably bad.


General consensus is that an alumnus interview means you're a borderline candidate;
group interview with the dean = determining scholarships.

I got my alumnus interview this evening... somebody wish me luck!

lp871
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:00 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby lp871 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:05 am

For anyone who had an interview request - did they e-mail you or call you by phone? I had to change my phone number a week ago, so the one listed on my application is incorrect. I'm not sure who to e-mail/contact to change that but I'm worried they might have tried to contact me but couldn't.

Clitophon
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby Clitophon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:23 am

I received an email from Patrice Robinson requesting an alumni interview. When I agreed I received another email from the alumnus. The interview was done over the phone, but I gave him my phone number in the course of our email exchange.

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby kuttlefish » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:18 am

Same here, email from Patrice. It took them about a week to find an alumnus in the area and then that person contacted me directly. If you get the email from Patrice, I would give her your new number at that point.

patricksouthern
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby patricksouthern » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:33 am

Have a phone interview scheduled with an alumnus on Friday evening. First interview I've done of any kind since getting an internship about five years ago, so I'm a bit anxious. Hopefully it goes well.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:40 am

kuttlefish wrote:
da1sy wrote:Any EDers get an interview request? Trying to figure out whether this is a good or bad thing. Probably bad.


General consensus is that an alumnus interview means you're a borderline candidate;
group interview with the dean = determining scholarships.

I got my alumnus interview this evening... somebody wish me luck!



I thought the ED scholarships were predetermined. Maybe I should read the website. Any EDers in yet?

lp871
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:00 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby lp871 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:01 pm

kuttlefish wrote:Same here, email from Patrice. It took them about a week to find an alumnus in the area and then that person contacted me directly. If you get the email from Patrice, I would give her your new number at that point.


Thank you very much!

Also for ED, the deadline is Jan 5th so I would guess they'll notify sometime in January and not now for that. Yes, ED scholarships are predetermined - it's full tuition for anyone who gets in ED. Who knows though they might still want to interview.

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby Presidentjlh » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:08 pm

patricksouthern wrote:Have a phone interview scheduled with an alumnus on Friday evening. First interview I've done of any kind since getting an internship about five years ago, so I'm a bit anxious. Hopefully it goes well.


I'm sure you'll do fine.

Submitted 11/28, last update 12/11. Non-URM 166/3.51 (Now 3.56 due to nice grades this semester). Looks like I'm a little below both medians, but I'm hopeful.

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby kuttlefish » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:42 pm

justonemoregame wrote:
kuttlefish wrote:
da1sy wrote:Any EDers get an interview request? Trying to figure out whether this is a good or bad thing. Probably bad.


General consensus is that an alumnus interview means you're a borderline candidate;
group interview with the dean = determining scholarships.

I got my alumnus interview this evening... somebody wish me luck!



I thought the ED scholarships were predetermined. Maybe I should read the website. Any EDers in yet?


Woops. I was saying that for RD. I'm still guessing that a one-on-one interview with an alumnus = borderline. It's not the worst fate, but I wouldn't expect any scholarship offers.

maxiguess
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby maxiguess » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Got in via email last Friday. First response :)
168/3.13 (or 3.27 depending on if you look at LSDAS or transcripts) for those who care.

User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby StylinNProfilin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Accepted via email today! Super fast, I applied two days ago. 3.62/168

kjones0127
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby kjones0127 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:26 pm

StylinNProfilin wrote:Accepted via email today! Super fast, I applied two days ago. 3.62/168

Envious! Ive been at complete since 11/6

User avatar
acs507
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby acs507 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Long time lurker. Just wanted to say accepted via e-mail today! First decision of the cycle. Hopefully this bodes well!
3.7/167

User avatar
AggieF&F
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:20 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby AggieF&F » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:35 pm

In today via email.

166
3.9x

User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby StylinNProfilin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Two people have asked in this thread, so 3rd time is a charm. Any idea when we might find out about merit scholarships?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, AZnative, Bob loblaw law blog, Christinabruin, fountainja, Keilz, NotAGolfer, potterotter and 17 guests