George Washington c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
totalgleek
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby totalgleek » Thu May 30, 2013 7:16 am

abc987 wrote:Withdrawn and freed up some money. I really love GW, but I received an irresistible offer elsewhere.


+1
adios amigos

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:45 am

totalgleek wrote:
abc987 wrote:Withdrawn and freed up some money. I really love GW, but I received an irresistible offer elsewhere.


+1
adios amigos


I have a feeling there's going to be some (relatively) big WL movement next week!

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm

I've been having dreams where I get off this damn WL. Can this just be over?! :cry:

sadreversesplitter
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby sadreversesplitter » Thu May 30, 2013 3:43 pm

I hope those waiting have good news soon!

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby SteelPenguin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:08 pm

I really loved my GW visit and wish everyone the best, but I can't go through law school knowing I should have retaken the LSAT. I'll send an email withdrawing tomorrow. Best of luck to all of you, and hopefully TLSer FETs my spot and scholly.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:16 am

when do you expect they will start evaluating the class post second deposit deadline?
Also - do they contact people either way or just in the event of an offer?

fLaw School Bound
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby fLaw School Bound » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:28 am

JayJones78 wrote:when do you expect they will start evaluating the class post second deposit deadline?
Also - do they contact people either way or just in the event of an offer?


I expect they'll start contacting waitlist folks this week (if there are any open of course). As far as rejecting waitlister, i'm guessing that they might let a few go, but given this weird year with the downturn in applications i bet that some GW admitees will end up getting off T14 waitlists over the summer and that will in turn open up a few sopts at GW. Hate to say it, but thinks it's going to be "get in this week" or potentially"languish all summer without an answer" for those still on the list. I mean, they will eventually tell you, but probably not til early august.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:33 am

fLaw School Bound wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:when do you expect they will start evaluating the class post second deposit deadline?
Also - do they contact people either way or just in the event of an offer?


I expect they'll start contacting waitlist folks this week (if there are any open of course). As far as rejecting waitlister, i'm guessing that they might let a few go, but given this weird year with the downturn in applications i bet that some GW admitees will end up getting off T14 waitlists over the summer and that will in turn open up a few sopts at GW. Hate to say it, but thinks it's going to be "get in this week" or potentially"languish all summer without an answer" for those still on the list. I mean, they will eventually tell you, but probably not til early august.


Hopefully this week!! I think once housing is secured in one school things get much more complicated if they take you off the WL really late in the game

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:21 pm

If you look at last year's thread, some people were offered a room at the Aston if they were accepted in July or August. That's really considerate, given that you'll probably have already made housing arrangements somewhere else.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:15 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:If you look at last year's thread, some people were offered a room at the Aston if they were accepted in July or August. That's really considerate, given that you'll probably have already made housing arrangements somewhere else.



I'm really hoping to see some movement this week!! Since I have a dog I don't think I can use school housing :(

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:47 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:If you look at last year's thread, some people were offered a room at the Aston if they were accepted in July or August. That's really considerate, given that you'll probably have already made housing arrangements somewhere else.



I'm really hoping to see some movement this week!! Since I have a dog I don't think I can use school housing :(


Sorry my attempt at a consolation is moot :? Though really, sooner is much preferable for a variety of reasons, notably my mental stability :cry:

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 am

LSN doesnt show any WL->accept yet
I think it'll prob be wed/thu before they start contacting people. Since I am in a different time zone the waiting game is even more annoying :oops:

ookoshi
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby ookoshi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Received an e-mail from GW Law stating I am one of the people being considered for the few spots that have opened up after the seat deposit deadline and they wanted to know my level of interest.

User avatar
zorro.99
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby zorro.99 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:29 pm

I will be withdrawing in the next day or so! Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:35 pm

ookoshi wrote:Received an e-mail from GW Law stating I am one of the people being considered for the few spots that have opened up after the seat deposit deadline and they wanted to know my level of interest.


congrats! i'm supremely jealous.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:40 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
ookoshi wrote:Received an e-mail from GW Law stating I am one of the people being considered for the few spots that have opened up after the seat deposit deadline and they wanted to know my level of interest.


congrats! i'm supremely jealous.


+1
Though at this point I'm pretty sure they know my level of interest without approaching me to test the waters :)

User avatar
zorro.99
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby zorro.99 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Just withdrew!! Good luck everybody

waitlistpro
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby waitlistpro » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:45 am

Has anyone else had trouble contacting Assistant Dean Sophia Sim? I've emailed her around 4-5 times over the past 6 weeks and not once have I gotten a reply of any sort. I even met with her in person, and she didn't even respond to my follow up email after meeting her.

ookoshi
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby ookoshi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:27 pm

In @ GW - Part Time. Just got an e-mail admitting me off the WL.

HeresToHoping25
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby HeresToHoping25 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:35 pm

ookoshi wrote:In @ GW - Part Time. Just got an e-mail admitting me off the WL.


Congrats

lawsch16
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby lawsch16 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:38 pm

waitlistpro wrote:Has anyone else had trouble contacting Assistant Dean Sophia Sim? I've emailed her around 4-5 times over the past 6 weeks and not once have I gotten a reply of any sort. I even met with her in person, and she didn't even respond to my follow up email after meeting her.


Yeah, I emailed her about financial aid stuff a few weeks ago since people seemed to be having good experiences with her, but I never heard back.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:42 pm

HeresToHoping25 wrote:
ookoshi wrote:In @ GW - Part Time. Just got an e-mail admitting me off the WL.


Congrats


congrats! lets hope for some FT WL action as well 8)

ivyleaf1872
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby ivyleaf1872 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:15 pm

got into the full time program off the waitlist today!
does anyone know if they offer scholarships to those admitted off the waitlist?

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:17 pm

ivyleaf1872 wrote:got into the full time program off the waitlist today!
does anyone know if they offer scholarships to those admitted off the waitlist?


congrats!!
did they email you?

eomea5
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby eomea5 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:18 pm

ivyleaf1872 wrote:got into the full time program off the waitlist today!
does anyone know if they offer scholarships to those admitted off the waitlist?


congrats!

have you recent admits been doing anything special? i feel like i have comparable stats to some of those who have been accepted, and i've sent in an LOCI as well as additional LOR, but have yet to hear a peep from them outside of generic waitlist updates.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Daaltaraan, MSNbot Media, studyingeveryday, Veil of Ignorance and 19 guests