George Washington c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:58 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:Yup, I'd say the LSAT theory is accurate. I still have hope though! Just out of curiosity, are any of you splitters on any other appealing WLs?

Yup no reason for anyone to be encouraged or discouraged yet.

TheNextAmendment

Postby TheNextAmendment » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:27 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Given mine and the other posters numbers I'm guessing they just barely missed an LSAT median.

Yeah that's a good guess. Good thing I got in early...

topofthemark13

Postby topofthemark13 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Hello everyone! About the waitlist email apparently sent today, for those who did not get it, have you already notified the admissions committee in the past that you are still interested in remaining on the wait list? I would like to think that I didn't get this email today because I have already notified them about my interest at GW Law and they think they shouldn't ask me again at this time. On the other hand, I may not have received this email because I won't be considered for admission next week. Maybe they are looking for those with LSATs above their target median.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:07 pm

I had sent an LOCI 2 weeks ago and I still go the email (But again I really wouldn't say it means one thing or the other).
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

topofthemark13

Postby topofthemark13 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Oh no, then not getting this waitlist email today is not good. :(

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:56 pm

My non-TLSer friend is 163/3.7 and got one of those waitlist emails from GW today.

floydthebarber518

Postby floydthebarber518 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:59 pm

Withdrew w/ $57K today. One of the hardest things I've done.

Good luck to the rest of you!

km0828

Postby km0828 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:35 am

topofthemark13 wrote:Hello everyone! About the waitlist email apparently sent today, for those who did not get it, have you already notified the admissions committee in the past that you are still interested in remaining on the wait list? I would like to think that I didn't get this email today because I have already notified them about my interest at GW Law and they think they shouldn't ask me again at this time. On the other hand, I may not have received this email because I won't be considered for admission next week. Maybe they are looking for those with LSATs above their target median.

I didn't get an email today either... GW is my top choice... I sent a bunch of LOR and a LOCI and emails just to check up... so either they know I'm interested or, like you said, they are looking for those with LSAT above their target... So so stressful.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 am

km0828 wrote:
topofthemark13 wrote:Hello everyone! About the waitlist email apparently sent today, for those who did not get it, have you already notified the admissions committee in the past that you are still interested in remaining on the wait list? I would like to think that I didn't get this email today because I have already notified them about my interest at GW Law and they think they shouldn't ask me again at this time. On the other hand, I may not have received this email because I won't be considered for admission next week. Maybe they are looking for those with LSATs above their target median.

I didn't get an email today either... GW is my top choice... I sent a bunch of LOR and a LOCI and emails just to check up... so either they know I'm interested or, like you said, they are looking for those with LSAT above their target... So so stressful.

I suspect that the bolded is why I didn't get the email. They got my LOCI on 4/8 so I don't see a reason why to send me an email asking me if I'm interested so soon after I wrote them a 500 word letter saying how interested I am.

NewYorkL

Postby NewYorkL » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:40 am

They probably sent the emails to those who were riding waitlists for a couple months. Atleast that is what I feel. I just got waitlisted at the end of March and sent an LOCI a week ago. It would make little sense to email me asking my interest, when they know I'm very interested.

runforfun123

Postby runforfun123 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:26 am

I called the admissions office this morning to ask about the wait-list email that I (and it sounds like many others) received. Apparently, as of 9:00 this morning their email system was down, (likely due to the volume of responses to this waitlist email). This makes me feel like this email was sent out to many people on the waitlist if the volume of responses was enough to make their system crash.

I have also already received a response that my email reply has been noted. I sent my email at 9:15 a.m. and they responded at 11:20 a.m.

As far as the hypothesis that those who received the email were splitters- I am a reverse splitter so I am not sure about that correlation. Also, I sent a LOCI about two weeks ago, so I am also skeptical that those who received the email were those they had not heard from in a while (although I was waitlisted in February), so perhaps there is a correlation between those who were waitlisted a long time ago and those who received the email (regardless of whether a LOCI was sent?)

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:34 am

runforfun123 wrote:I called the admissions office this morning to ask about the wait-list email that I (and it sounds like many others) received. Apparently, as of 9:00 this morning their email system was down, (likely due to the volume of responses to this waitlist email). This makes me feel like this email was sent out to many people on the waitlist if the volume of responses was enough to make their system crash.

I have also already received a response that my email reply has been noted. I sent my email at 9:15 a.m. and they responded at 11:20 a.m.

As far as the hypothesis that those who received the email were splitters- I am a reverse splitter so I am not sure about that correlation. Also, I sent a LOCI about two weeks ago, so I am also skeptical that those who received the email were those they had not heard from in a while (although I was waitlisted in February), so perhaps there is a correlation between those who were waitlisted a long time ago and those who received the email (regardless of whether a LOCI was sent?)

Thanks for checking!

on an unrelated note: I think LSAC should take your post and make an LSAT LR Q out of it :D

runforfun123

Postby runforfun123 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:42 am

JayJones78 wrote:
runforfun123 wrote:I called the admissions office this morning to ask about the wait-list email that I (and it sounds like many others) received. Apparently, as of 9:00 this morning their email system was down, (likely due to the volume of responses to this waitlist email). This makes me feel like this email was sent out to many people on the waitlist if the volume of responses was enough to make their system crash.

Thanks for checking!

on an unrelated note: I think LSAC should take your post and make an LSAT LR Q out of it :D

Haha thanks! Ironically I did relatively poorly on the LSAT due to testday stress, but the prospect of getting admitted to GW despite that is making me pretty excited!

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 am

Like I said, I don't think there's reason for ANYONE to be encouraged or discouraged regardless. For all we know, they have like 2000 people on the waitlist, and just dealing with 1 group of 500 at a time, could be because of splitters and medians, could be because people that got the email are better TLS posters, could be alphabetical, could be by date, could be anything.

runforfun123

Postby runforfun123 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:15 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Like I said, I don't think there's reason for ANYONE to be encouraged or discouraged regardless. For all we know, they have like 2000 people on the waitlist, and just dealing with 1 group of 500 at a time, could be because of splitters and medians, could be because people that got the email are better TLS posters, could be alphabetical, could be by date, could be anything.

Couldn't agree more! We really have no idea, and all of these hypotheses are simply speculation at best, superstition at worst. All we know for sure is that there will likely be movement early next week, as the email indicated.

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 pm

JayJones78 wrote:I suspect that the bolded is why I didn't get the email. They got my LOCI on 4/8 so I don't see a reason why to send me an email asking me if I'm interested so soon after I wrote them a 500 word letter saying how interested I am.

This makes me feel better about my long-winded LOCIs. I managed to keep mine at a page each, but I still was worried it might be too verbose!

maxmartin

Postby maxmartin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:27 pm

withdraw with 48K

TheNextAmendment

Postby TheNextAmendment » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:52 pm

maxmartin wrote:withdraw with 48K

Finally pulled the trigger huh. Good luck to you!

maxmartin

Postby maxmartin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:54 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote:

Thanks, I am an IP guy, so it is hard to say NO to GW.

TheNextAmendment

Postby TheNextAmendment » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:03 pm

maxmartin wrote:
TheNextAmendment wrote:

Mind if I ask where ur headed? If not public, pm me

totalgleek

Postby totalgleek » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:35 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
TheNextAmendment wrote:

Mind if I ask where ur headed? If not public, pm me

+1

Dream Weave

Postby Dream Weave » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Did anyone who was given a deadline extension due to scholarship negotiations hear back yet? I was given an extension until the 22nd and was hoping I would hear today

hoogs23

Postby hoogs23 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:17 pm

in via email. for people who got schollys, when and how did you hear?

fLaw School Bound

Postby fLaw School Bound » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:52 pm

hoogs23 wrote:in via email. for people who got schollys, when and how did you hear?

Got scholarship notification via gweb a little more than two weeks after acceptance.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:56 pm

hoogs23 wrote:in via email. for people who got schollys, when and how did you hear?

just now? we're you waitlisted first? numbers? dates? height?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”