George Washington c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
maxmartin

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby maxmartin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 pm

InBetweenDays wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:
TheNextAmendment wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:wondering if the WL movement will start this week. I assume that by tomorrow they'll have many many withdrawls

From what I've heard it seems like April 22nd (1 week from deposit deadline) is the date they're giving people for WL movement, scholarship renegotiation, etc. Wouldnt be surprised if they made moves earlier though. Good luck!

Where did you hear this? I honestly think we might see some movement this week. Have you seen how many people withdrew last week on LSN? They always have a huge class so I'm sure they'll be working hard and fast to keep it that way.

Since the deposit must be "postmarked" on the 15th (today), I would think they would start dealing with wait-listers late next week (late April) when they've received the majority of deposits from accepted students. They also suggested late April correspondence in the wait-list decision letter...

most people use plastic to deposit, only a few old school will use checks. They pretty much will have a very good idea of how many people committed to GW after today.

Daft

Postby Daft » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:24 pm

I wouldnt expect any WL movement til end of this week early next. I put a deposit down last night and called to make sure it went through this morning and they said it takes a few days for it to upload into the system. Just an FYI

InBetweenDays

Postby InBetweenDays » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Where did you hear this? I honestly think we might see some movement this week. Have you seen how many people withdrew last week on LSN? They always have a huge class so I'm sure they'll be working hard and fast to keep it that way.[/quote]

This. Also I think you should know that GW (like every other law school) has been cutting their class size. Take a look at LST and LSN. Just a side-note.[/quote][/quote]

True, but the extent that we feel that reduction is probably offset by the decrease in applicants in this cycle.

Daft

Postby Daft » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 pm

I just got off the phone with them. I didnt ask specifically about WL movement but they said it does take a few days for the deposits to upload so I assumed the rest. Take from it what you wish.

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Also, a smaller GW class is still a much larger class than at most schools though lol. I wonder how yield percentage works for the waitlist, as in I wonder how many offers they need to extend for every one that gets accepted, on average....

This is going to be a long month for me, with plenty of unanswerable questions to give myself a headache over!

maxiguess

Postby maxiguess » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Just withdrew my app. Maybe a stupid move, but 60k back in for the rest of you!

InBetweenDays

Postby InBetweenDays » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:10 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:Also, a smaller GW class is still a much larger class than at most schools though lol. I wonder how yield percentage works for the waitlist, as in I wonder how many offers they need to extend for every one that gets accepted, on average....

This is going to be a long month for me, with plenty of unanswerable questions to give myself a headache over!

I've wondered the same... And, you're not alone with tons of unanswerable questions going into May!

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Thoughts on calling and asking for an extension on today's seat deposit deadline? I'm still waiting to hear back about admission from two of my schools...

fLaw School Bound

Postby fLaw School Bound » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:13 pm

enidwexler wrote:Thoughts on calling and asking for an extension on today's seat deposit deadline? I'm still waiting to hear back about admission from two of my schools...

Guess it wouldn't hurt to try, but earlier posters seemed to be getting a firm "no" when asking. Guess they feel like if you want to keep them hanging on the lien waiting for you to make up your mind, you've got to pay for the right.

shippy1988

Postby shippy1988 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:19 pm

I put down my money earlier today, but I'm still waiting to hear back about scholarship increases. Did I just screw myself over?

abc987

Postby abc987 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:21 pm

shippy1988 wrote:I put down my money earlier today, but I'm still waiting to hear back about scholarship increases. Did I just screw myself over?

I'd think that failing to deposit would put you in a worse spot, so you did the right thing by depositing if you weren't able to receive an extension. I didn't request a deposit extension, and I'm in a similar situation as you: I've deposited without hearing back about scholarship reconsideration.

I'm going to be multi-depositing here and at one other school from which I'm also awaiting a scholarship reconsideration reply. I wish I had complete financial information available and could make a decision now, but school will understand that a first deposit is not the same thing as a final decision -- that is why there is a second deposit later on.

fLaw School Bound

Postby fLaw School Bound » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:52 pm

abc987 wrote:
shippy1988 wrote:I put down my money earlier today, but I'm still waiting to hear back about scholarship increases. Did I just screw myself over?

I'd think that failing to deposit would put you in a worse spot, so you did the right thing by depositing if you weren't able to receive an extension. I didn't request a deposit extension, and I'm in a similar situation as you: I've deposited without hearing back about scholarship reconsideration.

I'm going to be multi-depositing here and at one other school from which I'm also awaiting a scholarship reconsideration reply. I wish I had complete financial information available and could make a decision now, but school will understand that a first deposit is not the same thing as a final decision -- that is why there is a second deposit later on.

I threw my dice on the table last Friday, went ahead and made an early deposit before hearing back about scholarship info. Luckily the next day I received a scholarship. They should have some money free up after this week, especially given the incredibly low number of applicants this cycle making it harder for the top schools to maintain their numbers.

shippy1988

Postby shippy1988 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 pm

abc987 wrote:

Thanks for reassuring me! It just felt weird to put down a deposit without really knowing where I am going to go.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:22 pm

I assume everyone on the waitlist just got an email?

ookoshi

Postby ookoshi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:25 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:I assume everyone on the waitlist just got an email?

+1

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Actually, no. It's not in my spam either. Please share!

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:00 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:

Actually, no. It's not in my spam either. Please share!

It was just asking if we still wanted to remain on the waitlist and they would start taking people off it next week.

Given mine and the other posters numbers I'm guessing they just barely missed an LSAT median.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Withdrew with $, goodluck everyone.

sadreversesplitter

Postby sadreversesplitter » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Does anyone mind posting the entire WL email just received? Just trying to figure out if I did not get it, if that is the end of the road. Thanks :)

Waititu

Postby Waititu » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Does anyone have recommendations on what to do about non-university housing, like flatshare websites etc? I'm an international student and i won't be coming to the states till mid August, so time may be tight then....

thanks! :)

BitterSplitter

Postby BitterSplitter » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:36 pm

Last edited by BitterSplitter on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sadreversesplitter

Postby sadreversesplitter » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 pm

BitterSplitter wrote:
sadreversesplitter wrote:Does anyone mind posting the entire WL email just received? Just trying to figure out if I did not get it, if that is the end of the road. Thanks :)

not at all..it just says to expect some activity in the coming weeks and to respond by next monday to reconfirm your interest in staying on the WL.

Thanks. Not sure what to make of not receiving it. Ah, the boards can be a blessing and a curse.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 pm

sadreversesplitter wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:
sadreversesplitter wrote:Does anyone mind posting the entire WL email just received? Just trying to figure out if I did not get it, if that is the end of the road. Thanks :)

not at all..it just says to expect some activity in the coming weeks and to respond by next monday to reconfirm your interest in staying on the WL.

Thanks. Not sure what to make of not receiving it. Ah, the boards can be a blessing and a curse.

Well the 3 people who said they received it all have a sub 3.0 Gpa and either a 166 or a 167. So I'm sticking with my missed LSAT Median theory.

Faconnable

Postby Faconnable » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Got the WL continuing interest email, 3.1/169

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Yup, I'd say the LSAT theory is accurate. I still have hope though! Just out of curiosity, are any of you splitters on any other appealing WLs?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”