George Washington c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fLaw School Bound

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Postby fLaw School Bound » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:46 am

Inconceivable! wrote:
hopelessoptimist wrote:Has anyone waiting for merit reconsideration received anything yet today? I know it might be a bit early still, but I'm super anxious!

ditto...

Don't know if you saw my post earlier, but I received a $10,000 a year award in my gweb award history that posted either Friday night or Saturday morning. Still haven't received an email to that affect, so you might check there if you're on the end of your seat waiting.

I'm willing to bet they'll be rolling out scholarship notifications all week.

TheNextAmendment

Postby TheNextAmendment » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:55 am

fLaw School Bound wrote:
Inconceivable! wrote:
hopelessoptimist wrote:Has anyone waiting for merit reconsideration received anything yet today? I know it might be a bit early still, but I'm super anxious!

ditto...

Don't know if you saw my post earlier, but I received a $10,000 a year award in my gweb award history that posted either Friday night or Saturday morning. Still haven't received an email to that affect, so you might check there if you're on the end of your seat waiting.

Willing to PM me your stats?

Ned Racine

Postby Ned Racine » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:37 pm

fLaw School Bound wrote:
Inconceivable! wrote:

ditto...

You sure that $10k isn't need-based? Also, if your willing to PM, I'd like to know your stats as well.

fLaw School Bound

Postby fLaw School Bound » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Ned Racine wrote:
fLaw School Bound wrote:
Inconceivable! wrote:

ditto...

You sure that $10k isn't need-based? Also, if your willing to PM, I'd like to know your stats as well.

Will PM both of you who asked. The 10K is listed as a merit scholarship, not a grant. Of course it could always be the result of a typo.

InBetweenDays

Postby InBetweenDays » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:02 pm

JayJones78 wrote:Anyone knows how does the WL worked out last year? Going to send my LOCI on Monday and was wondering when/if they pulled people last year

Submitted mine last week. I'll keep fingers crossed for us both!

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:05 pm

InBetweenDays wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Anyone knows how does the WL worked out last year? Going to send my LOCI on Monday and was wondering when/if they pulled people last year

I submitted one when I was WLed back in January, and I'ms till desperately hoping they accept me! Think it's worth sending a follow-up?

fLaw School Bound

Postby fLaw School Bound » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:14 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
InBetweenDays wrote:

I submitted one when I was WLed back in January, and I'ms till desperately hoping they accept me! Think it's worth sending a follow-up?

Absolutely! I'd call the admissions office directly if I was in your shoes. If it's been more than a month since you last spoke I think it could do you nothing but good to show that you are enthusiastic about wanting to attend. Especially since they should be picking people off the waitlist in the next couple of weeks what with the seat deposits due next Monday.

Good luck!

sportaddict144

Postby sportaddict144 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Does anyone know where in the GW portal it has personal award information? I'm looking to see if they decided on my scholarship increase request but haven't emailed me yet.

Ned Racine

Postby Ned Racine » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:43 pm

sportaddict144 wrote:Does anyone know where in the GW portal it has personal award information? I'm looking to see if they decided on my scholarship increase request but haven't emailed me yet.

https://banweb.gwu.edu

Your User ID they provided you in an email with subject "GW Financial Aid Info for Admitted Students". It starts with G.
Your default pin is your birthday, MMDDYY.

sportaddict144

Postby sportaddict144 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Ned Racine wrote:
sportaddict144 wrote:Does anyone know where in the GW portal it has personal award information? I'm looking to see if they decided on my scholarship increase request but haven't emailed me yet.

Your User ID they provided you in an email with subject "GW Financial Aid Info for Admitted Students". It starts with G.

Thank you...I'm in there, but I don't see any award information. Just personal info like emergency contact and a pay enrollment deposit. You know where to go from there?

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:51 pm

sportaddict144 wrote:
Ned Racine wrote:

Thank you...I'm in there, but I don't see any award information. Just personal info like emergency contact and a pay enrollment deposit. You know where to go from there?

click on Financial Aid Info and then it's under "My Awards"

Ned Racine

Postby Ned Racine » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:52 pm

sportaddict144 wrote:
Ned Racine wrote:

Should be 3 tabs at the top. Click Financial Aid, then My Award Information, then Award by Aid Year. Select 2013-2014, and voila. Mine is empty by the way :cry:

sportaddict144

Postby sportaddict144 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:57 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
sportaddict144 wrote:
Ned Racine wrote:

click on Financial Aid Info and then it's under "My Awards"

Weird, I don't have that option.

I have View Addresses and Phones, Update Addresses and Phones, View Emergency Contacts, Update Emergency Contacts, View E-Mail Address(es), Update E-Mail Address(es), Change PIN, and Pay Enrollment Deposit.

Thanks anyways...

Inconceivable!

Postby Inconceivable! » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 pm

So no one has gotten an email re: merit reconsideration yet today...correct?

(Have been Logging into my Gweb account all weekend/day...nothing there but extremely large loans)

edina2016

Postby edina2016 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:13 pm

What has everyone heard about the wait list? Have they started accepting people and should we expect to see more waitlist activity soon.

InBetweenDays

Postby InBetweenDays » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:20 pm

edina2016 wrote:What has everyone heard about the wait list? Have they started accepting people and should we expect to see more waitlist activity soon.

I have not seen any waitlist activity from TLS peeps, but one would assume the wait-list would start seeing some action next week (after the april 15th [next monday] deposit deadline).

b123

Postby b123 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Inconceivable! wrote:So no one has gotten an email re: merit reconsideration yet today...correct?

(Have been Logging into my Gweb account all weekend/day...nothing there but extremely large loans)

OP = GW

--ImageRemoved--

fLaw School Bound

Postby fLaw School Bound » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:25 pm

It's listed under the Financial heading, then Awards History, then you select the 2013-2014 year from a drop down menu. You should then be taken to any awards that may have been posted.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Ooo, status date finally changed.. still just complete and under review though.

Want a decision! XD

CMC88

Postby CMC88 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Withdrew last week with a $120,000 scholarship. I hope that goes to one of you. Good luck all!

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:51 pm

CMC88 wrote:Withdrew last week with a $120,000 scholarship. I hope that goes to one of you. Good luck all!

god bless you. mind sharing where you decided on? that's a hefty scholarship to give away!

edina2016

Postby edina2016 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:52 pm

For those that are waitlisted:

have any of you considered retaking the LSAT in June. If you're still on the waitlist at that point it may push you over the edge...thoughts?

Username123

Postby Username123 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:54 pm

edina2016 wrote:For those that are waitlisted:

have any of you considered retaking the LSAT in June. If you're still on the waitlist at that point it may push you over the edge...thoughts?

I'm considering it. I'm taking my first practice test this weekend to see where I'm at and then the studying begins.

Username123

Postby Username123 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Also, I was WL'ed for the part-time program.

Has anyone withdrawn from the PT program?

deuceindc

Postby deuceindc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Finally got a reconsideration response. Pretty underwhelemed with the amount, but we'll see how much they're willing to negotiate.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”