George Washington c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Inconceivable!

Bronze

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Post by Inconceivable! » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:56 pm

uconjak wrote:Good Luck to all, I withdrew this morning. Looks like UCLA for me. Hope someone gets my scholly and spot
1) Good luck at UCLA :)

2) Dibs on the Scholly!

3) Anyone know the dress code for the Admitted Student/Alumni events?

Gene Parmesan

New

Post by Gene Parmesan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:38 pm

How long does it normally take after acceptance to get word of your initial financial aid offer? I got accepted last week but haven't heard a word since then. Is this normal? A little nervous since scholarship deposit deadline passed already, but I'm assuming they just give a new deadline to all admitted students from this point on?

deuceindc

Bronze

Post by deuceindc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Trolled hard by that Admitted Students Reception email. Although I can now be reasonably sure a GWU scholarship email isn't lost in my spam folder.

fredmerz

New

Post by fredmerz » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:11 pm

deuceindc wrote:Trolled hard by that Admitted Students Reception email. Although I can now be reasonably sure a GWU scholarship email isn't lost in my spam folder.
I never got notice of my scholarship. It (15k per year) showed up when I logged into my financial aid info.

TheNextAmendment

Bronze

Post by TheNextAmendment » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

fredmerz wrote:
deuceindc wrote:Trolled hard by that Admitted Students Reception email. Although I can now be reasonably sure a GWU scholarship email isn't lost in my spam folder.
I never got notice of my scholarship. It (15k per year) showed up when I logged into my financial aid info.
It says "Scholarship" or "Grant"? Big difference...well not really I suppose. Just curious.
Gene Parmesan wrote:How long does it normally take after acceptance to get word of your initial financial aid offer? I got accepted last week but haven't heard a word since then. Is this normal? A little nervous since scholarship deposit deadline passed already, but I'm assuming they just give a new deadline to all admitted students from this point on?
Yeah its normal. Got accepted over a month ago and just recently got my fin-aid package. And yes there is a deadline of April 15th (but Im not sure if this applies to people who got their acceptance within the past few weeks). Good Luck! PM me if you have any questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stone_fox

New

Post by stone_fox » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Anyone hear about schollys today?

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Anyone knows how does the WL worked out last year? Going to send my LOCI on Monday and was wondering when/if they pulled people last year

fLaw School Bound

New

Post by fLaw School Bound » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Gene Parmesan wrote:How long does it normally take after acceptance to get word of your initial financial aid offer? I got accepted last week but haven't heard a word since then. Is this normal? A little nervous since scholarship deposit deadline passed already, but I'm assuming they just give a new deadline to all admitted students from this point on?
I'm in the same boat with ya', from what I understand they are just now reconsidering scholarships (they were out of money by early March and had to wait until some scholly offers were withdrawn before redistributing). They will let you know within a week or so about merit scholarships, grants are separate and considered after they receive your FAFSA.Your first seat deposit is due on the 15th regardless of scholarship offer.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:13 am

JayJones78 wrote:Anyone knows how does the WL worked out last year? Going to send my LOCI on Monday and was wondering when/if they pulled people last year
I can't say for sure, but I've seen a few posts where people mention that GW has taken quite a few people off of WLs in the past. It makes sense to me. If Georgetown takes 50ish people off the waitlist each year, then I could see GW, a school in the same area with a large class size doing it as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:03 am

I actually think I received some e-mails from GW, but my scholly ended up in gmail spam.

fLaw School Bound

New

Post by fLaw School Bound » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Found a decent size scholarship sitting in my gweb award file this morning, for those of you waiting for news you might check there, as it appeared within the last 12 hours.

That said, don't freak out quite yet if there's nothing there, from what I hear they're just starting to make re-consideration decisions.

enidwexler

Bronze

Post by enidwexler » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:17 am

fLaw School Bound wrote:Found a decent size scholarship sitting in my gweb award file this morning, for those of you waiting for news you might check there, as it appeared within the last 12 hours.

That said, don't freak out quite yet if there's nothing there, from what I hear they're just starting to make re-consideration decisions.
I feel like an idiot... where in the Admitted Student Portal did you find this? Mine just shows quick links to general information on the left sidebar and two "tabs" up top: "Browse" and "Page."

fLaw School Bound

New

Post by fLaw School Bound » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 am

enidwexler wrote:
fLaw School Bound wrote:Found a decent size scholarship sitting in my gweb award file this morning, for those of you waiting for news you might check there, as it appeared within the last 12 hours.

I feel like an idiot... where in the Admitted Student Portal did you find this? Mine just shows quick links to general information on the left sidebar and two "tabs" up top: "Browse" and "Page."
Don't feel bad, it's actually in a seperate portal called "gweb": https://banweb.gwu.edu

You have to enter you GW Id which is a letter G followed by an eight digit number. It should have been given to you in your initial financial aid email.

Then comes another mystery for you to unlock.... your six digit PIN. The first time you login your PIN (according to the help section) is one of three things - your birthday written as MMDDYY, or your birth month and year followed by "99" (so if you were born in feb. 1989 it would be 028999), or it could be the lest six digits of your GW ID as it was in mine.

I swear trying to get to this info was like a search for the holy grail. I still haven't found where I can access it from the GW Law homepage, only can get to it from the html address given to me by some fellow forum users here. Gweb is also where you pay your seat deposit, so you think they would do a better job of making it easy to get to.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CourCour

Bronze

Post by CourCour » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:07 am

I asked the fin aid about the grants in the fin aid web. That's need based aid not merit.

enidwexler

Bronze

Post by enidwexler » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:15 pm

fLaw School Bound wrote:
enidwexler wrote:

Don't feel bad, it's actually in a seperate portal called "gweb": https://banweb.gwu.edu

You have to enter you GW Id which is a letter G followed by an eight digit number. It should have been given to you in your initial financial aid email.

Then comes another mystery for you to unlock.... your six digit PIN. The first time you login your PIN (according to the help section) is one of three things - your birthday written as MMDDYY, or your birth month and year followed by "99" (so if you were born in feb. 1989 it would be 028999), or it could be the lest six digits of your GW ID as it was in mine.

I swear trying to get to this info was like a search for the holy grail. I still haven't found where I can access it from the GW Law homepage, only can get to it from the html address given to me by some fellow forum users here. Gweb is also where you pay your seat deposit, so you think they would do a better job of making it easy to get to.
Thank you SO much! Looks like they're giving me $15k in need-based aid, the rest in loans. Not too shabby. It's looking more and more each day like GW is where I'll end up this Fall. (Just still need to her back from Davis, UCLA, USC, and Northwestern!)

gatorgirl2012

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:21 pm

A question to those of you that are now receiving "need-based" aid, did any of you actually complete GW's need-based aid form? I'm WLed and I wonder if that's something I should submit, considering GW's my top choice.

fLaw School Bound

New

Post by fLaw School Bound » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:27 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:A question to those of you that are now receiving "need-based" aid, did any of you actually complete GW's need-based aid form? I'm WLed and I wonder if that's something I should submit, considering GW's my top choice.
couldn't hurt, thoug make sure to submit you fasa, too.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gatorgirl2012

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:13 pm

fLaw School Bound wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:A question to those of you that are now receiving "need-based" aid, did any of you actually complete GW's need-based aid form? I'm WLed and I wonder if that's something I should submit, considering GW's my top choice.
couldn't hurt, thoug make sure to submit you fasa, too.
Yeah I already submitted fafsa but was afraid to submit the need-based form since I'm on the WL. I'm paranoid that might affect my likelihood of getting accepted off the WL.

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:05 pm

find out from GWEB only 16,000 need based award, no merit :x

b123

Bronze

Post by b123 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:45 pm

maxmartin wrote:find out from GWEB only 16,000 need based award, no merit :x
Merit reconsiderations are coming next week, bruh.

bruin91

Bronze

Post by bruin91 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:15 pm

I got in a few weeks ago but no email with my GWID or financial aid packet. Any ideas what's going on?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fLaw School Bound

New

Post by fLaw School Bound » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Might want to contact financial aid then, should have been an emai providing you with some instruction on filling out your gw financial aid request form, at the bottom of that email is your gw I'd, might check your junk box. Mine showed up couple of days after my acceptance letter

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:09 am

Just emailed my LOCI for the WL.
Now we'll wait....

hopelessoptimist

New

Post by hopelessoptimist » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 am

Has anyone waiting for merit reconsideration received anything yet today? I know it might be a bit early still, but I'm super anxious!

Inconceivable!

Bronze

Post by Inconceivable! » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:13 am

hopelessoptimist wrote:Has anyone waiting for merit reconsideration received anything yet today? I know it might be a bit early still, but I'm super anxious!
ditto...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”