George Washington c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
simplycatalina

Silver

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Post by simplycatalina » Wed May 15, 2013 11:36 am

cusenation wrote:
fLaw School Bound wrote:Just paid the last portion of my second deposit. :mrgreen:

Now all I've got to do is come up with the other 52,610 for the first year. :shock:
+1
minor details :)

TheNextAmendment

Bronze

Post by TheNextAmendment » Wed May 15, 2013 1:21 pm

law chihuahua wrote:Had to withdraw, and super bummed I couldn't relocate to DC. I hope a TLSer gets the spot, though. Good luck, people on the waitlist! :D
Just saw your withdraw post on multiple threads. Mind sharing where ur headed?

fLaw School Bound

New

Post by fLaw School Bound » Thu May 16, 2013 9:47 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:I wonder how much of an impact double depositors have on this. I know it's a common practice, and I'm not one to criticize but if I have any chance of acceptance by GW, I'd rather it be sooner than later :cry:
Just saw that a person by the name of FloridaGirl2012 got in off the waitlist over at LawSchoolNumbers.com. Might that be you? If so, congrats!

If not, just consider those early congrats for when you do get off the waitlist.

gatorgirl2012

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:30 pm

fLaw School Bound wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:I wonder how much of an impact double depositors have on this. I know it's a common practice, and I'm not one to criticize but if I have any chance of acceptance by GW, I'd rather it be sooner than later :cry:
Just saw that a person by the name of FloridaGirl2012 got in off the waitlist over at LawSchoolNumbers.com. Might that be you? If so, congrats!

If not, just consider those early congrats for when you do get off the waitlist.
Unfortunately not me, but thanks for the kind wishes!! :lol: I've had a lot of good omens in the past few days, so I'm still keeping up some semblance of hope!

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:19 am

did everyone else get the WL update saying no spots had been opened yet but they are hoping for some after the 2nd deposit deadline?

I am loosing hope, but at the same time knowing how big the class is I can't help but wonder if they won't have to pull people from the WL to begin the year with a full class?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gatorgirl2012

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:46 am

JayJones78 wrote:did everyone else get the WL update saying no spots had been opened yet but they are hoping for some after the 2nd deposit deadline?

I am loosing hope, but at the same time knowing how big the class is I can't help but wonder if they won't have to pull people from the WL to begin the year with a full class?
I also wonder how many people currently in their class are double-depositing....

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:48 am

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:did everyone else get the WL update saying no spots had been opened yet but they are hoping for some after the 2nd deposit deadline?

I also wonder how many people currently in their class are double-depositing....
my guess is: a lot

sadreversesplitter

New

Post by sadreversesplitter » Fri May 17, 2013 11:42 am

I feel for double depositors in a way. These are not cheap deposits.

Dream Weave

Bronze

Post by Dream Weave » Fri May 17, 2013 1:38 pm

I think most double depositors have pulled out at this point. The next deposit is a 1,000.00. The best bet now is ppl getting pulled from waitlists after the second deposit

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gene Parmesan

New

Post by Gene Parmesan » Sun May 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Did you guys officially accept all of your financial award offers on the banner site?

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 am

has anyone heard about the public interest scholarship yet?

Dcorbust

New

Post by Dcorbust » Tue May 21, 2013 11:47 am

cbarlow1016 wrote:has anyone heard about the public interest scholarship yet?

Wondering the same. Do you think they notify you either way or only if selected?

TheNextAmendment

Bronze

Post by TheNextAmendment » Tue May 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Not to be a Debbie downer but also keep in mind GW has been down-sizing their classes. I read something on ATL saying they were cutting this year's 1L by 30-40 spots. On the other hand- keep in mind GW takes a lot of transfer students. I know TLS wisdom says don't go into law school with the hope of transferring, but if it motivates you more...kill 1L and well all see u 2L (if you don't get in this year). Good luck!

Edit- for all those interested the article was on abajournal and gwhatchet. Just Google it, on my smartphone and too lazy to copy. For the record, dean Berman wanted to reduce GWs class size to below 400 1Ls over 5 years time starting in 2012 (474 enrolled in fall 2011). Because of GWs strong alumni network, which raised $10 Million for this cause and for more scholarships, they cut the class size to 398 for fall 2012, thereby reaching their goal in only 1 years time. I'm curious if they want to cut it even more this year since GW can "absorb the hit thanks to the alumnis". I hope they get it down to 350..that'd be phenomenal. Overall, however, I'm very impressed by their want, and ability, to drastically reduce the size of incoming classes. I hope the trend continues even when a new dean is appointed.
Last edited by TheNextAmendment on Tue May 21, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Tue May 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Dcorbust wrote:

Wondering the same. Do you think they notify you either way or only if selected?
I would think either way but not totally sure. :/

LSLovely173

New

Post by LSLovely173 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:38 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
Dcorbust wrote:

I hope it's either way. I figure I won't really start to worry about the responses until the end of this week.

Also, I know this is a long way out, but is the public interest pre-orientation something we need to register for?

Dream Weave

Bronze

Post by Dream Weave » Tue May 21, 2013 1:44 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote:

Not to be a Debbie downer but also keep in mind GW has been down-sizing their classes. I read something on ATL saying they were cutting this year's 1L by 30-40 spots. On the other hand- keep in mind GW takes a lot of transfer students. I know TLS wisdom says don't go into law school with the hope of transferring, but if it motivates you more...kill 1L and well all see u 2L (if you don't get in this year). Good luck!

Edit- for all those interested the article was on abajournal and gwhatchet. Just Google it, on my smartphone and too lazy to copy. For the record, dean Berman wanted to reduce GWs class size to below 400 1Ls over 5 years time starting in 2012 (474 enrolled in fall 2011). Because of GWs strong alumni network, which raised $10 Million for this cause and for more scholarships, they cut the class size to 398 for fall 2012, thereby reaching their goal in only 1 years time. I'm curious if they want to cut it even more this year since GW can "absorb the hit thanks to the alumnis". I hope they get it down to 350..that'd be phenomenal. Overall, however, I'm very impressed by their want, and ability, to drastically reduce the size of incoming classes. I hope the trend continues even when a new dean is appointed.
I hope the decline in class size continues, but dean Berman was ousted by the faculty and is no longer affiliated with the law school. He was trying to make a new progressive, dynamic and smaller school. A lot of faculty and staff had a problem with the smaller class sizes because of the layoffs that would be necessary due to the consequential lower revenue.

I actually read a comment from a staff member, on a GW hatchet article, stating: " he wanted to lower enrollment and I could have lost my job!" I hate that staff member very much.

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 pm

LSLovely173 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
Dcorbust wrote:

I hope it's either way. I figure I won't really start to worry about the responses until the end of this week.

Also, I know this is a long way out, but is the public interest pre-orientation something we need to register for?
Yeah I figure I'll email them by the end of the week if I don't hear anything. And I don't think we need to register but I'm not sure--the email said that he'll send us more info about it in June so that'll probably be clearer.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheNextAmendment

Bronze

Post by TheNextAmendment » Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Dream Weave wrote:
TheNextAmendment wrote:

I hope the decline in class size continues, but dean Berman was ousted by the faculty and is no longer affiliated with the law school. He was trying to make a new progressive, dynamic and smaller school. A lot of faculty and staff had a problem with the smaller class sizes because of the layoffs that would be necessary due to the consequential lower revenue.

I actually read a comment from a staff member, on a GW hatchet article, stating: " he wanted to lower enrollment and I could have lost my job!" I hate that staff member very much.
I read that too. From my understanding the alumni donations would have kept the same amount of professors there, but just lowered the class sizes. I really hope they keep it around 400..it would be a great shame if it shot back up to high 400s...

RedTiger56

New

Post by RedTiger56 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:37 pm

did anyone get the email "the 20th has passed and we haven't received your deposit" when the last email I received said its due the 31st?

gatorgirl2012

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:51 pm

RedTiger56 wrote:did anyone get the email "the 20th has passed and we haven't received your deposit" when the last email I received said its due the 31st?
Look back a few pages. Some people mentioned having their deposit deadline moved.

RedTiger56

New

Post by RedTiger56 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:55 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
RedTiger56 wrote:did anyone get the email "the 20th has passed and we haven't received your deposit" when the last email I received said its due the 31st?
Look back a few pages. Some people mentioned having their deposit deadline moved.
thank you. I haven't checked this thread and do not have an email mentioning it either. No response when I emailed back either.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gatorgirl2012

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:30 pm

Try calling, that's a bit of an urgent matter if you were serious about attending. Good luck :)

TheNextAmendment

Bronze

Post by TheNextAmendment » Tue May 21, 2013 3:45 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:Try calling, that's a bit of an urgent matter if you were serious about attending. Good luck :)
Unless he gets an email in a few hours upping his scholarship as a result of him "withdrawing". Haha can you imagine...

abc987

New

Post by abc987 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Withdrawn and freed up some money. I really love GW, but I received an irresistible offer elsewhere.

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Thu May 30, 2013 12:17 am

Withdrawn after getting off the WL at my top choice. And then I got kicked out of the fb group haha. But anyways, good luck in the Fall guys! Hope someone on the WL gets my spot!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”