George Washington c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jacq2212

Bronze

Re: George Washington c/o 2016

Post by Jacq2212 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
Jacq2212 wrote:Anyone have the link for the status checker or is the website just down? My email link isn't working.... :?
What you have to do is copy+paste it because the link doesn't work but the website is correct.

But here ya go: https://aces.law.gwu.edu/YourStatus/mem ... dl9HPbk%3D
Yeah, I don't know what's going on, but that link still isn't working and neither is copy+paste from the email....hmmmm having no trouble with any of the other status checkers!

KingsCup

Bronze

Post by KingsCup » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:04 am

has anyone who has interviewed heard back yet? I'm just wondering if anyone knows how quickly GW moves after the interviews

Jonathk1

Bronze

Post by Jonathk1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 am

Jacq2212 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
Jacq2212 wrote:Anyone have the link for the status checker or is the website just down? My email link isn't working.... :?
What you have to do is copy+paste it because the link doesn't work but the website is correct.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on, but that link still isn't working and neither is copy+paste from the email....hmmmm having no trouble with any of the other status checkers!
That link doesn't work. You have to go directly to their website and navigate to the status checker in order to view your file.

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:44 am

Jonathk1 wrote:
Jacq2212 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:

That link doesn't work. You have to go directly to their website and navigate to the status checker in order to view your file.
That's weird. It works fine for me...

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 am

ssolis wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
ssolis wrote:Got my admit packet in today! Can we all agree that it is like the coolest thing ever? The awesomeness of the admit packet is actually impacting my decision to go to GW :P
What's in it? :?:

I live abroad so it will take a while for me to get it...
It looks sort of like a diploma. It opens up to a really nice framed signed letter from Dean Sim with a personal note. Then it comes with the viewbook that you pull out using a ribbon :lol: . It's more of a really neat novelty rather than being informative, but the letter mentions that the admitted students portal will contain all the info about events, housing, financial aid, etc.
Thank you!!

Can't wait to get it myself :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

djlmjs22

New

Post by djlmjs22 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:03 am

Deleted
Last edited by djlmjs22 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 am

djlmjs22 wrote:According to LSN, there are a handful of us ED applicants still waiting to hear. I know the deadline isn't until the end of the month, but I'm confused why RD people are getting decisions instead of GW dealing with all of the ED people first. ED is a hail mary for me because of my LSAT score, but I still just want to know, I feel like this wait is encouraging hope that I shouldn't have
It could be that people who applied ED but are being accepted RD are hearing early. I know that that's what happened with me. They didn't accept my ED app but they switched me to the RD pile and accepted me in December.

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 am

danitt wrote:
djlmjs22 wrote:According to LSN, there are a handful of us ED applicants still waiting to hear. I know the deadline isn't until the end of the month, but I'm confused why RD people are getting decisions instead of GW dealing with all of the ED people first. ED is a hail mary for me because of my LSAT score, but I still just want to know, I feel like this wait is encouraging hope that I shouldn't have
It could be that people who applied ED but are being accepted RD are hearing early. I know that that's what happened with me. They didn't accept my ED app but they switched me to the RD pile and accepted me in December.
+1 same here... applied ED, but accepted RD

blueapple

Silver

Post by blueapple » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 am

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
danitt wrote:
What's the benefit for GW to accept you RD when you applied ED?
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:24 am

blueapple wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
danitt wrote:
They don't have to give you a full tuition scholarship?

djlmjs22

New

Post by djlmjs22 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 am

Deleted
Last edited by djlmjs22 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueapple

Silver

Post by blueapple » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 am

danitt wrote:
blueapple wrote:
They don't have to give you a full tuition scholarship?
Haha thanks I knew I must have been missing something pretty obvious with that.
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edwardt1988

Bronze

Post by edwardt1988 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:17 pm

I applied directly to RD on 11/26 and got accepted last wk

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Probably asked, but what should I expect from the interview? Obviously everyone's is different, but was there specifics about the school (Why GW) or was it more about gauging the candidate?

KingsCup

Bronze

Post by KingsCup » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:44 pm

emarxnj wrote:Probably asked, but what should I expect from the interview? Obviously everyone's is different, but was there specifics about the school (Why GW) or was it more about gauging the candidate?
seems to me that it pretty much goes along with whatever the interviewer wants. I got a "why law school" and "why gw" but then we talked for awhile about other things about me and mutual interests for awhile. so a little of both in my case

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:35 pm

bgoodrick wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Probably asked, but what should I expect from the interview? Obviously everyone's is different, but was there specifics about the school (Why GW) or was it more about gauging the candidate?
seems to me that it pretty much goes along with whatever the interviewer wants. I got a "why law school" and "why gw" but then we talked for awhile about other things about me and mutual interests for awhile. so a little of both in my case

I'm getting worried that I don't have answers to either of those questions...

Jonathk1

Bronze

Post by Jonathk1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Received admit packet today. Still amazed and impressed by the quick turnaround time by GWU. +1 on their hardworking admission's office.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Jonathk1 wrote:Received admit packet today. Still amazed and impressed by the quick turnaround time by GWU. +1 on their hardworking admission's office.
when did you submit your application??

KingsCup

Bronze

Post by KingsCup » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:12 pm

emarxnj wrote:
bgoodrick wrote:

I'm getting worried that I don't have answers to either of those questions...
i mean, the "why law school" is all on you, but the "why gw" is easy. if you know nothing about it, check out the website, they highlight their best things, so just see whats highlighted on the website. for me it was easy, their IP program is one of the best in the nation.

Jonathk1

Bronze

Post by Jonathk1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:52 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
Jonathk1 wrote:Received admit packet today. Still amazed and impressed by the quick turnaround time by GWU. +1 on their hardworking admission's office.
when did you submit your application??
It was on the previous page.

Sent on 1/2/13 - decision 1/10/13

For those who were admitted, how do you feel about the way in which the Dean resigned last November & also how GWU undergrad has been in trouble for its admission data with US news report? Will it affect the future of GWU law in any way? The only one I can think of is general lay prestige going down in that region but any comments on these two facts are greatly appreciated.

Also I apologize if this has already been discussed.

T20hopeful89

Bronze

Post by T20hopeful89 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Did anyone else just receive an e-mail with scholarship information? Just fyi, mine went straight to my spam folder, so be sure to check that!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

moneyball026

Bronze

Post by moneyball026 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:15 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:Did anyone else just receive an e-mail with scholarship information? Just fyi, mine went straight to my spam folder, so be sure to check that!
Nope, and I was one of the first batch of admits. Interesting. Did it tell you how to apply or actually give you a scholarship number right then and there?

T20hopeful89

Bronze

Post by T20hopeful89 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:17 pm

moneyball026 wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:Did anyone else just receive an e-mail with scholarship information? Just fyi, mine went straight to my spam folder, so be sure to check that!
Nope, and I was one of the first batch of admits. Interesting. Did it tell you how to apply or actually give you a scholarship number right then and there?

The exact amount was in the e-mail (I was granted 10k/year) and there don't seem to be gpa stipulations, though obviously you need to remain in "good academic standing." I was also in the first batch of admits back in early December.

moneyball026

Bronze

Post by moneyball026 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:
moneyball026 wrote:

The exact amount was in the e-mail (I was granted 10k/year) and there don't seem to be gpa stipulations, though obviously you need to remain in "good academic standing." I was also in the first batch of admits back in early December.
Congratulations! That is awesome. I'll be on lookout for an email, though it seems I may have missed the boat here.

T20hopeful89

Bronze

Post by T20hopeful89 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 pm

moneyball026 wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:
moneyball026 wrote:

Congratulations! That is awesome. I'll be on lookout for an email, though it seems I may have missed the boat here.

With your numbers, they would be crazy NOT to give you a merit-based scholarship...I'm sure it's coming.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”