William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:08 am

No, it's really not splitting hairs, that's what I'm trying to say haha.


Graduates employed in jobs that required bar passage
W&M - 60.8%
Richmond - 35.5%

Graduates employed in jobs that required bar passage (full-time, lasting a year or more)
W&M - 41.2%
Richmond - 35.5%

Graduates that were unemployed and seeking employment
W&M - 29.9%
Richmond - 40.4%

Salary Numbers are similar, but Richmond has 36% reporting, W&M 74%

Graduates employed in law firms consisting of more than 500 lawyers (full-time, lasting a year or more)
W&M - 11% (out of grads employed in law firms)
Richmond - 0%

Graduates employed in federal judicial clerkships (full-time, lasting a year or more)
W&M - 45% (out of clerkship jobs, totally 15 students)
Richmond 25% (totally 4 students)

If you can't tell I'm not a big Richmond fan.

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ironbmike » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:09 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:No, it's really not splitting hairs, that's what I'm trying to say haha.


Graduates employed in jobs that required bar passage
W&M - 60.8%
Richmond - 35.5%

Graduates employed in jobs that required bar passage (full-time, lasting a year or more)
W&M - 41.2%
Richmond - 35.5%

Graduates that were unemployed and seeking employment
W&M - 29.9%
Richmond - 40.4%

Salary Numbers are similar, but Richmond has 36% reporting, W&M 74%

Graduates employed in law firms consisting of more than 500 lawyers (full-time, lasting a year or more)
W&M - 11% (out of grads employed in law firms)
Richmond - 0%

Graduates employed in federal judicial clerkships (full-time, lasting a year or more)
W&M - 45% (out of clerkship jobs, totally 15 students)
Richmond 25% (totally 4 students)

If you can't tell I'm not a big Richmond fan.


Where are you getting those numbers? Just curious because they're so different from what I've seen.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:19 am

http://premium.usnews.com/best-graduate ... w-rankings

I have access to a premium account so I can see the careers data, but it's based on the ABA's new reporting guidelines. I don't know what numbers you're referencing or where you got them from so I can't explain the difference.

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ironbmike » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:20 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:http://premium.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/law-rankings

I have access to a premium account so I can see the careers data, but it's based on the ABA's new reporting guidelines. I don't know what numbers you're referencing or where you got them from so I can't explain the difference.


I'm pulling from here:
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=richmond

and

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school= ... d&show=ABA

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:26 am

Yeah, the ABA data, that's last years, and based on the old reporting methods. They didn't have to report school funded jobs, or break jobs down into full time or part-time, long-term or short-term. They didn't even have to report if a job requires or prefers a JD, but it looks like they did.

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ironbmike » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:28 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Yeah, the ABA data, that's last years, and based on the old reporting methods. They didn't have to report school funded jobs, or break jobs down into full time or part-time, long-term or short-term. They didn't even have to report if a job requires or prefers a JD, but it looks like they did.


Gotcha. So in the new 2012 report, they pull out school funded jobs and the number drops that much? Wow. Thanks for the insight!

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:30 am

ironbmike wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Yeah, the ABA data, that's last years, and based on the old reporting methods. They didn't have to report school funded jobs, or break jobs down into full time or part-time, long-term or short-term. They didn't even have to report if a job requires or prefers a JD, but it looks like they did.


Gotcha. So in the new 2012 report, they pull out school funded jobs and the number drops that much? Wow. Thanks for the insight!

np, I think the in-depth NALP reports come out in april.

User avatar
InBetweenDays
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby InBetweenDays » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:32 am

It's 11:30... no weird status updates or anything. Is anyone else doubting a decision today?

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:35 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
InBetweenDays
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby InBetweenDays » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:
InBetweenDays wrote:It's 11:30... no weird status updates or anything. Is anyone else doubting a decision today?


Yes, and I'm going to be annoyed. The previous posted did say Tuesday, right? I'm not just constructing hope at this point?


Someone mentioned that they had called the admissions office on Friday, and they said they would be finalizing decisions on Monday, and sending out decisions on Tuesday (at the latest). Could have been a troll though... who knows...

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ariadne328
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ariadne328 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:44 am

Do they never give out decisions without updating the status checker? I'm not willing to let go of my slim hope for news (WL) today. :(

Edit: And didn't they come out later in 2010? I'm not giving up just yet.

User avatar
Anthelion
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Anthelion » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:08 pm

InBetweenDays wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
InBetweenDays wrote:It's 11:30... no weird status updates or anything. Is anyone else doubting a decision today?


Yes, and I'm going to be annoyed. The previous posted did say Tuesday, right? I'm not just constructing hope at this point?


Someone mentioned that they had called the admissions office on Friday, and they said they would be finalizing decisions on Monday, and sending out decisions on Tuesday (at the latest). Could have been a troll though... who knows...


No troll, I'm in the same boat as you all. I love sitting at my desk sneaking in glances at their site or the quick call to see if even the slightest thing changed...

I just called again - I would say most likely nothing today as I was told that they are thinking they might be out "as early as tomorrow, but certainly by the end of the week." Aka, they are coming down to the wire and seem to be struggling making decisions. I'm hoping that this is a good thing!

The only thing that was different this time when I called that is probably worth mentioning is besides my name they had me give either my SSN or my LSAC number to get access to information on my application. Before only my first and last names were good enough. Here's to three more possible days of nail biting...

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:12 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:12 pm

Anthelion wrote:
InBetweenDays wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
InBetweenDays wrote:It's 11:30... no weird status updates or anything. Is anyone else doubting a decision today?


Yes, and I'm going to be annoyed. The previous posted did say Tuesday, right? I'm not just constructing hope at this point?


Someone mentioned that they had called the admissions office on Friday, and they said they would be finalizing decisions on Monday, and sending out decisions on Tuesday (at the latest). Could have been a troll though... who knows...


No troll, I'm in the same boat as you all. I love sitting at my desk sneaking in glances at their site or the quick call to see if even the slightest thing changed...

I just called again - I would say most likely nothing today as I was told that they are thinking they might be out "as early as tomorrow, but certainly by the end of the week." Aka, they are coming down to the wire and seem to be struggling making decisions. I'm hoping that this is a good thing!

The only thing that was different this time when I called that is probably worth mentioning is besides my name they had me give either my SSN or my LSAC number to get access to information on my application. Before only my first and last names were good enough. Here's to three more possible days of nail biting...


This is just like what happened with NU and their AJD decisions in January. They will release when they feel like it. And that's pretty much it.

User avatar
ariadne328
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ariadne328 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Anthelion wrote:I just called again - I would say most likely nothing today as I was told that they are thinking they might be out "as early as tomorrow, but certainly by the end of the week." Aka, they are coming down to the wire and seem to be struggling making decisions. I'm hoping that this is a good thing!

Thanks for the update!

User avatar
InBetweenDays
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby InBetweenDays » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:18 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
Anthelion wrote:
No troll, I'm in the same boat as you all. I love sitting at my desk sneaking in glances at their site or the quick call to see if even the slightest thing changed...

I just called again - I would say most likely nothing today as I was told that they are thinking they might be out "as early as tomorrow but certainly by the end of the week." Aka, they are coming down to the wire and seem to be struggling making decisions. I'm hoping that this is a good thing!

The only thing that was different this time when I called that is probably worth mentioning is besides my name they had me give either my SSN or my LSAC number to get access to information on my application. Before only my first and last names were good enough. Here's to three more possible days of nail biting...


That is so unprofessional.


After checking out their adjusted (sans university funded jobs) job prospect numbers, I'm not as excited about them as I once was anyway =/

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:23 pm

InBetweenDays wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
Anthelion wrote:
No troll, I'm in the same boat as you all. I love sitting at my desk sneaking in glances at their site or the quick call to see if even the slightest thing changed...

I just called again - I would say most likely nothing today as I was told that they are thinking they might be out "as early as tomorrow but certainly by the end of the week." Aka, they are coming down to the wire and seem to be struggling making decisions. I'm hoping that this is a good thing!

The only thing that was different this time when I called that is probably worth mentioning is besides my name they had me give either my SSN or my LSAC number to get access to information on my application. Before only my first and last names were good enough. Here's to three more possible days of nail biting...


no
That is so unprofessional.


After checking out their adjusted (sans university funded jobs) job prospect numbers, I'm not as excited about them as I once was anyway =/


I reall wonder if they realize how their radio silence with sooooo many applicants is affecting how they perceive the school and their decision. Most days I even forget I have an app with them. Good thing we have this thread.

User avatar
Greyhound42
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Greyhound42 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:43 pm

It's weird that you all have had this experience that's made you unhappy with W & M's lack of communication from the Admissions office... my experience has been starkly different. Of over 10 schools, they were the second to offer me a decision on my application, and they've been nothing but timely and straightforward regarding things like merit aid.

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hoogs23 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Greyhound42 wrote:It's weird that you all have had this experience that's made you unhappy with W & M's lack of communication from the Admissions office... my experience has been starkly different. Of over 10 schools, they were the second to offer me a decision on my application, and they've been nothing but timely and straightforward regarding things like merit aid.


+1. they were my first acceptance and offer of aid. within a week of becoming complete

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:00 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:
Greyhound42 wrote:It's weird that you all have had this experience that's made you unhappy with W & M's lack of communication from the Admissions office... my experience has been starkly different. Of over 10 schools, they were the second to offer me a decision on my application, and they've been nothing but timely and straightforward regarding things like merit aid.


+1. they were my first acceptance and offer of aid. within a week of becoming complete


I imagine numbers have a lot to do with it.

I'm not surprised by the wait too much I guess.. Given my numbers

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ironbmike » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Greyhound42 wrote:It's weird that you all have had this experience that's made you unhappy with W & M's lack of communication from the Admissions office... my experience has been starkly different. Of over 10 schools, they were the second to offer me a decision on my application, and they've been nothing but timely and straightforward regarding things like merit aid.


Same.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby simplycatalina » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:10 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:
Greyhound42 wrote:It's weird that you all have had this experience that's made you unhappy with W & M's lack of communication from the Admissions office... my experience has been starkly different. Of over 10 schools, they were the second to offer me a decision on my application, and they've been nothing but timely and straightforward regarding things like merit aid.


+1. they were my first acceptance and offer of aid. within a week of becoming complete


I imagine numbers have a lot to do with it.


If you have two high numbers, they're responsive. If not, I think they shove you to the bottom of the pile until they have nothing better. At least that's my perception.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: William & Mary c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:17 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”