Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Dream Weave

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Thu May 02, 2013 8:16 pm

bluegoldbearz wrote:Just got off the WL with 10k/year. I love Notre Dame but I am in at a bunch of other schools similar in ranking. I am already committed at UCI with way more money, and I ultimately want to work in Southern California. I need help deciding!!!!! :shock: :shock:

edit: UCI and ND are my top two choices

Did you ever get a call asking "the questions" if so,
Mind telling me when? And your numbers?

Pm me if you would rather! Thanks!

I think notre dame is really undersold on tls. It does practically better than anyone outside of usc

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu May 02, 2013 8:18 pm

L-a-w

Postby L-a-w » Thu May 02, 2013 8:40 pm

L-a-w wrote:I just got a missed call from ayman or something like that re waitlist. He said he had a couple of questions. Is that the phone call the people who got
Off the waitlist got or is this some time of interview? (I'm at work with no résumé or anything so I don't wanna call right now if its an interview)

I ended up calling back and answering the questions yesterday. I was accepted today. Received this study abroad in London 2L year and we'll give you $7,500. Weird

bluegoldbearz

Postby bluegoldbearz » Thu May 02, 2013 8:49 pm

UMich11 wrote:
anmssr wrote:So, waitlist people who were contacted to chat on the phone... can you help me out! I received an email 'concerning my status as waitlist', and wants to chat. Is it an interview, or just a few questions to gauge interest? Was there any follow up offer for people in this same situation?
I appreciate your help!

Not an answer, but a question in line with this.

Did those who received these calls/emails submit the Why ND essay and/or do an LOCI since being put on the WL?

I submitted both. It's a few questions to gauge your interest and a sort of mini interview.

bluegoldbearz

Postby bluegoldbearz » Thu May 02, 2013 8:54 pm

sublime wrote:
bluegoldbearz wrote:Just got off the WL with 10k/year. I love Notre Dame but I am in at a bunch of other schools similar in ranking. I am already committed at UCI with way more money, and I ultimately want to work in Southern California. I need help deciding!!!!! :shock: :shock:

How much more did you get at UCI?

And where do you want to work?

And are you against retaking?

well I got 20/year at UCI and it is way cheaper in terms of housing/ in state tuition. I want to work in southern california, orange county area. I would consider retaking but I have taken it twice and I have had panic attacks during both tests. I know I won't be able to control my nerves a third time around.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Thu May 02, 2013 9:30 pm

bluegoldbearz wrote:
sublime wrote:

well I got 20/year at UCI and it is way cheaper in terms of housing/ in state tuition. I want to work in southern california, orange county area. I would consider retaking but I have taken it twice and I have had panic attacks during both tests. I know I won't be able to control my nerves a third time around.

IS UCI housing cheaper than the Midwest? :?

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu May 02, 2013 9:43 pm

wh3931110

Postby wh3931110 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:44 pm

sublime wrote:
bluegoldbearz wrote:
sublime wrote:

I don't think the housing would be cheaper at UCI, but regardless, it would probably be difficult to get back to cali from ND imo.

Notre Dame does fine in CA and has plenty of programs geared towards placement there. If you want CA, then ND should be your choice and its not even close.

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu May 02, 2013 10:54 pm

StLNE

Postby StLNE » Fri May 03, 2013 9:48 am

UMich11 wrote:
anmssr wrote:So, waitlist people who were contacted to chat on the phone... can you help me out! I received an email 'concerning my status as waitlist', and wants to chat. Is it an interview, or just a few questions to gauge interest? Was there any follow up offer for people in this same situation?
I appreciate your help!

Not an answer, but a question in line with this.

Did those who received these calls/emails submit the Why ND essay and/or do an LOCI since being put on the WL?

No but I did shortly after the call.

Darby58

Postby Darby58 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:15 am

I was emailed the other day asking to do a quick interview over the phone. I responded right away agreeing to the interview and asked to set up a time as soon as possible.

I haven't heard back since and am leaving the country in a few hours for the next two weeks.

Not asking for any advice, but damn what a letdown.

Perilux

Postby Perilux » Fri May 03, 2013 1:19 pm

sublime wrote:
wh3931110 wrote:
Notre Dame does fine in CA and has plenty of programs geared towards placement there. If you want CA, then ND should be your choice and its not even close.

10.7%. Irvine has 66.1%. At the same time, there is a lot of uncertainty in attending UCI. MYSELF, if I was Cali or bust, I would go UCI over ND.

Just a little personal experience - If all goes well and I pass my finals this week, I've got a biglaw job in Northern California. ND doesn't hand it to you on a silver platter, but if you plan ahead and do some of the work yourself (in addition to the off-campus recruiting events and OCI), the jobs are there.

ND was one hell of an experience and I loved it. I wouldn't give it up for the world. But you have to know that it'll take a little self-motivation to get back to CA.

jad0re

Postby jad0re » Mon May 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Dream Weave wrote:I think notre dame is really undersold on tls. It does practically better than anyone outside of usc

As someone who deposited, hope this is true

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:36 pm

sublime wrote:
wh3931110 wrote:

10.7%. Irvine has 66.1%. At the same time, there is a lot of uncertainty in attending UCI. MYSELF, if I was Cali or bust, I would go UCI over ND.

Self-selection...most people here do not want CA.

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:25 am

To those of you that were accepted off the WL, did any of you see date changes on your status checker?

sdmelzer

Postby sdmelzer » Wed May 08, 2013 12:03 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:To those of you that were accepted off the WL, did any of you see date changes on your status checker?

I don't think mine ever changed, I just received an email.

Also, for those of you who are current students, how sound of a bet is ND at 100k COA? Too much?

mittz

Postby mittz » Thu May 09, 2013 12:03 pm

In off the waitlist just now!!!!!

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:07 pm

mittz wrote:In off the waitlist just now!!!!!

Lucky! Congratulations! Were you ever phone interviewed?

anmssr

Postby anmssr » Thu May 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Also in off the waitlist today! And yes - I had a phone call last week.

StLNE

Postby StLNE » Thu May 09, 2013 5:59 pm

In off the wait list this morning with $$. Had a phone call last Wednesday gauging interest.

mehh

Postby mehh » Thu May 09, 2013 6:33 pm

StLNE wrote:In off the wait list this morning with $$. Had a phone call last Wednesday gauging interest.

same. but no mention of money.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Fri May 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Did anyone else get the waitlist update email today?

UMich11

Postby UMich11 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:43 pm

DaRascal wrote:Did anyone else get the waitlist update email today?

yep

TA923

Postby TA923 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:16 am

What did it say?

UMich11

Postby UMich11 » Sat May 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Dear XXXXXXX,

The admissions committee is continuing to review applications and will make offers in the coming weeks. Based on previous years, we also anticipate making some additional offers after our second seat deposit on June 10.

Going forward, candidates offered admission will have 48-72 hours to make an enrollment decision. This means if offered a seat in our Fall 2013 entering class, you need to be prepared to make a decision very quickly.

If offered a seat, you may not have time to:

Visit the law school
Talk to Faculty, students, or alumni
Receive your printed admission packet (You would have access to the admitted student site.)
Receive your financial aid letter indicating your direct loan eligibility (Typically your direct loan eligibility ($20,500) will be the same across schools. At this point scholarship funds are very limited. If you are offered a seat in the class and if scholarship is offered, you would be notified at the time the offer is made.)
What should you do?

Let us know what questions concerns you have. We are happy to help you gather information to determine if Notre Dame Law School is the school that will put you in the best position to reach your personal and professional career goals.

Information you may want to review:

Sample of Summer Employment For 1L's and 2L's

2012 Employment Statistics and National Placement

Programs of Study and Interdisciplinary Programs

Experiential Learning

Chicago Program

London Program

Loan Repayment Assistance Program

If you finalized plans elsewhere or are no longer interested in attending NDLS, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Melissa Fruscione
Director of Admissions
University of Notre Dame Law School

Connect with NDLS Admissions on:

Facebook

Twitter

If you no longer wish to receive our e-mails, type "opt out" in the body of a message to lawadmit@nd.edu

University of Notre Dame
Office of Admissions
1329 Biolchini Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”