Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:21 pm

Still no letter today :(.

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Decision Made today.... now for the longest 3-5 business days of my life. I'm well under their numbers but I think my Why ND essay was a gem. I'd flip if I got accepted!

TA923
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby TA923 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Also have decision made today, 1/30. Complete 1/14, 1/21, and 1/28.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:So stoked... in with $28k/yr! :D


Congrats! Are you thinking of coming? I know you have some other good offers.


Believe it or not, ND is probably at the top of my list so far.

User avatar
mehh
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby mehh » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:39 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Still no letter today :(.



Got WLed via letter last night. Hopefully you have more luck than I. GL!

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:32 pm

TA923 wrote:Also have decision made today, 1/30. Complete 1/14, 1/21, and 1/28.


Similar time frame! I think I was complete 01/18. It really scares me that they made a decision so quickly. I'm praying for acceptance or WL at least. ND is like second on my list :( football controversies aside haha that story keeps getting crazier >.<

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:33 pm

WHY HAVEN'T I GOTTEN MY DECISION LETTER YET.

This is why you're going bankrupt USPS

a-quad
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:15 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby a-quad » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:14 pm

Told them I would not be attending ND- hope one of you gets my seat (and scholly money)! Good luck!

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:16 pm

a-quad wrote:Told them I would not be attending ND- hope one of you gets my seat (and scholly money)! Good luck!


The hopeful are grateful. lol Spesh for monies!

wannabelawstudent wrote:WHY HAVEN'T I GOTTEN MY DECISION LETTER YET.

This is why you're going bankrupt USPS


+9000

Anyone else feel like the law school application process is one of the meanest emotional roller coasters you've ever ridden in your life?!

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:18 pm

I said it before in another thread, but here's a fun fact: In The Machinist Christian Bale was originally suppose to play a splitter law school applicant waiting to hear back from his favorite law school, but the director thought it was "too realistic"

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:36 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:I said it before in another thread, but here's a fun fact: In The Machinist Christian Bale was originally suppose to play a splitter law school applicant waiting to hear back from his favorite law school, but the director thought it was "too realistic"


LOVE

also, can I borrow your tardis and fast forward two months?

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:I said it before in another thread, but here's a fun fact: In The Machinist Christian Bale was originally suppose to play a splitter law school applicant waiting to hear back from his favorite law school, but the director thought it was "too realistic"


LOVE

also, can I borrow your tardis and fast forward two months?

Sure (but you still wont have your decision by then)

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:44 am

Notre Dame's decision letters are like their girlfriends, you never know if they're gonna show up, and you question their existence

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:35 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Notre Dame's decision letters are like their girlfriends, you never know if they're gonna show up, and you question their existence


Just LOLed at work. Thanks man.

arden311
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby arden311 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:20 pm

I received my decision 1/30 as well. To those worried about a quick decision, they are making efforts to speed up the decision process this year according to the admissions office, so maintain hope everyone.

Does anyone know if the status checker user name and password are the same as the username and password for the admitted students/waitlisted students part of their website? Does the admitted/waitlisted students website open immediately after a decision is made? I was thinking there might be a way to not have to wait for the decision via snail mail.

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1755
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby romanticegotist » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:24 pm

arden311 wrote:I received my decision 1/30 as well. To those worried about a quick decision, they are making efforts to speed up the decision process this year according to the admissions office, so maintain hope everyone.

Does anyone know if the status checker user name and password are the same as the username and password for the admitted students/waitlisted students part of their website? Does the admitted/waitlisted students website open immediately after a decision is made? I was thinking there might be a way to not have to wait for the decision via snail mail.


I think I got an email with a different set of credentials to access the new student portal.

arden311
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby arden311 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Did you receive the email immediately (ie before your paper decision) or after?

Thanks for your help.

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1755
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby romanticegotist » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:36 pm

arden311 wrote:Did you receive the email immediately (ie before your paper decision) or after?

Thanks for your help.


I only received emails after I received the paper decision.

On an unrelated note, what did everyone think of the gigantic 'insiders guide to ND' book thing?

TA923
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby TA923 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:17 am

arden311 wrote:I received my decision 1/30 as well. To those worried about a quick decision, they are making efforts to speed up the decision process this year according to the admissions office, so maintain hope everyone.

Does anyone know if the status checker user name and password are the same as the username and password for the admitted students/waitlisted students part of their website? Does the admitted/waitlisted students website open immediately after a decision is made? I was thinking there might be a way to not have to wait for the decision via snail mail.


Numbers?

User avatar
Charlie.Home
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Charlie.Home » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:58 am

Has anybody had any luck negotiating scholarships yet?

lsatownsme
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby lsatownsme » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Received the acceptance package today! Decision made on 1/30.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:38 pm

lsatownsme wrote:Received the acceptance package today! Decision made on 1/30.

What the hell! My decision was made 1/24 and I haven't received anything.

TA923
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby TA923 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:16 pm

lsatownsme wrote:Received the acceptance package today! Decision made on 1/30.



Where are you?

Morticiaroxanne
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Morticiaroxanne » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:51 pm

lsatownsme wrote:Received the acceptance package today! Decision made on 1/30.


my decision was made on 1/30 too and I still havent received anything... this worries me!

lsatownsme
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby lsatownsme » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:23 pm

I was really surprised to receive the package as I was expecting it around Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm located in Atlanta by the way.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus and 11 guests