Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MJLE16
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby MJLE16 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:51 pm

MJLE16 wrote:Not feeling too good about the fact that my mail came today and there was nothing from Notre Dame. It says "Decision Made" on the 27th which I believe is the same date as some of the people who go acceptance today....does this mean I'm getting WL or denied? Could it just be because I live further from South Bend than the others that got accepted today? I know I sound paranoid...this is what this law school cycle has done to me :(


Got my letter today! I'm IN!!! $18,000/yr!!

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Paraflam » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Congrats to the new admits!
Last edited by Paraflam on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby DaRascal » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Congrats, MJLE. Mailbox is still empty. My school isn't great at getting the mail out here in a timely fashion but I'm think the WL fix is on.

kdev1203
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby kdev1203 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:01 pm

IN!!!

163/4.16

No scholarship, but Notre Dame might be worth sticker for me....SUPER EXCITED!!!!!

:-) :-) :-)

User avatar
Kaytei
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Kaytei » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Denied :(

164 / 3.1

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 am

Status updated to 12/3. Really excited, but I am nervous the result will be mailed while I am back home for Christmas break. I wonder if I should contact the admissions office

Intrigue
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Intrigue » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Waitlisted. 3.9*, 168. YP?

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Paraflam » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Intrigue wrote:Waitlisted. 3.9*, 168. YP?

Did you write a Why ND?

Intrigue
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Intrigue » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Paraflam wrote:
Intrigue wrote:Waitlisted. 3.9*, 168. YP?

Did you write a Why ND?

I did not.

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Paraflam » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:36 pm

.
Last edited by Paraflam on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

che3055
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby che3055 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:57 pm

.
Last edited by che3055 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Paraflam » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:08 pm

If you get WL'd, though, the letter asks you to fill out the Waitlist Response Form within a week or two of receiving it, basically just indicating whether or not you want to receive waitlist consideration.

che3055
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby che3055 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Paraflam wrote:If you get WL'd, though, the letter asks you to fill out the Waitlist Response Form within a week or two of receiving it, basically just indicating whether or not you want to receive waitlist consideration.


Good call. It probably would be worth contacting them.

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Intrigue wrote:
Paraflam wrote:
Intrigue wrote:Waitlisted. 3.9*, 168. YP?

Did you write a Why ND?

I did not.


Did you tailor your personal statement to Notre Dame?

Intrigue
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Intrigue » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm

timeandspace11 wrote:
Intrigue wrote:
Paraflam wrote:
Intrigue wrote:Waitlisted. 3.9*, 168. YP?

Did you write a Why ND?

I did not.


Did you tailor your personal statement to Notre Dame?

I did not. Which is also part of why I suspect YP.

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Presidentjlh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Did Why ND. 166/3.51

If I was a betting man, I'd guess waitlisted. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but it sounds like ND's tougher to get into this year than last. Is that a fair statement?

kdev1203
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby kdev1203 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Presidentjlh wrote:Did Why ND. 166/3.51

If I was a betting man, I'd guess waitlisted. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but it sounds like ND's tougher to get into this year than last. Is that a fair statement?


Not to change the subject, but shouldn't you be withdrawing that app since you just got into Minnesota ED?

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Presidentjlh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:13 pm

kdev1203 wrote:
Presidentjlh wrote:Did Why ND. 166/3.51

If I was a betting man, I'd guess waitlisted. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but it sounds like ND's tougher to get into this year than last. Is that a fair statement?


Not to change the subject, but shouldn't you be withdrawing that app since you just got into Minnesota ED?

Haha, oh no, that was someone else you are thinking of. I am on a standard application with them.

If I get into Minnesota, I'm probably going to take that. Would be an almost perfect fit for me.

User avatar
red8aron
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby red8aron » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 pm

timeandspace11 wrote:Status updated to 12/3. Really excited, but I am nervous the result will be mailed while I am back home for Christmas break. I wonder if I should contact the admissions office


My status was updated today as well, but it still just says "Application Complete." I know some never went to "In Review." Does this imply that they are looking at my app?

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

red8aron wrote:
timeandspace11 wrote:Status updated to 12/3. Really excited, but I am nervous the result will be mailed while I am back home for Christmas break. I wonder if I should contact the admissions office


My status was updated today as well, but it still just says "Application Complete." I know some never went to "In Review." Does this imply that they are looking at my app?


Possibly, mine still says complete as well

User avatar
BlueJeanBaby
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Too early for a LOCI for a waitlister? :)

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby DaRascal » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Still nothing in the mail. Nothing changed on my status checker (still says decision made 11/27) so I'm thinking this is very bad.

Fitz51
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Fitz51 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Mine was 11/27, too. Got the letter yesterday: WL. Womp womp

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby DaRascal » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Fitz51 wrote:Mine was 11/27, too. Got the letter yesterday: WL. Womp womp


*gulps*

Reconsidering checking the mailbox today :cry:

User avatar
MsAvocadoPit
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby MsAvocadoPit » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Best of luck to you all!
Last edited by MsAvocadoPit on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob loblaw law blog, hellohalo, lizzyluna, loslakers and 8 guests