Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UMich11

Bronze

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Post by UMich11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 pm

humblepie777 wrote:OK, I have another question-this is going to sound ridiculous, but for those accepted, what did your screen say on the status page if you can remember? Did it say, "The Admissions Committee has completed their review of your application. Your decision has been mailed to you. We DO NOT release decisions by telephone or email..." etc? Also, does the adcom tend to make decisions in batches (like WL all on the 16th, accept all on the 7th, deny all on the 15th)? I know this sounds crazy, but Notre Dame is my #1 choice, and I'd really rather try to deduce whether or not I was rejected now than get a letter in the mail.

mine said "The Admissions Committee has completed their review of your application. Your decision has been mailed to you. We DO NOT release decisions by telephone or email..." and i was wiatlisted. just chill out and let it happen. it's my top choice too.

steakandchicken

New

Post by steakandchicken » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 pm

humblepie777 wrote:OK, I have another question-this is going to sound ridiculous, but for those accepted, what did your screen say on the status page if you can remember? Did it say, "The Admissions Committee has completed their review of your application. Your decision has been mailed to you. We DO NOT release decisions by telephone or email..." etc? Also, does the adcom tend to make decisions in batches (like WL all on the 16th, accept all on the 7th, deny all on the 15th)? I know this sounds crazy, but Notre Dame is my #1 choice, and I'd really rather try to deduce whether or not I was rejected now than get a letter in the mail.
I am not sure about the batches, you can check LSN and sort by decision date. (http://notredame.lawschoolnumbers.com/a ... order=desc) Seems like my group 1/16 had some WL and rejections in it as well, so there may be no way to tell.

This is my header:
The Admissions Committee has completed their review of your application. Your decision has been mailed to you. We DO NOT release decisions by telephone or email. If more than 2 weeks has passed and you have not received your decision letter, please contact the Admissions Office (lawadmit@nd.edu or 574-631-6626) to confirm your mailing address.

Good luck, I know waiting for the mail is tough!

mg7

Bronze

Post by mg7 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Based on everyone else's experience I'm anticipating being waitlisted, but man it'd feel good if I was accepted.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

steakandchicken wrote:
mg7 wrote:
steakandchicken wrote:USPS package waiting for me today (decision made on the 16th). In with 20K per year and a really nice handwritten note. Referenced my personal statement and my blog (which I didn't know they would read!). Very exciting!
Congrats! That's awesome they read your blog, yet also kinda creepy..
Yes, I haven't updated the blog in about 2 years and it was mostly recipes and pictures of my cat. But I guess it is a fair representation of me, so I'm glad they liked it enough to mention it! She also mentioned my cat by name and said that we would be very happy at NDLS. Seriously, the nicest acceptance yet!
Did you give them the address to this blog? Do admissions offices go scouring the web for applicants?

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

steakandchicken

New

Post by steakandchicken » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:44 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:
steakandchicken wrote:
mg7 wrote:
steakandchicken wrote:USPS package waiting for me today (decision made on the 16th). In with 20K per year and a really nice handwritten note. Referenced my personal statement and my blog (which I didn't know they would read!). Very exciting!
Congrats! That's awesome they read your blog, yet also kinda creepy..
Yes, I haven't updated the blog in about 2 years and it was mostly recipes and pictures of my cat. But I guess it is a fair representation of me, so I'm glad they liked it enough to mention it! She also mentioned my cat by name and said that we would be very happy at NDLS. Seriously, the nicest acceptance yet!
Did you give them the address to this blog? Do admissions offices go scouring the web for applicants?
No, but my resume has a link to my online portfolio which links to some professional pieces I put on my blog about libraries and e-books (I'm a librarian). That's the only way I can think of them getting there, besides Googling me. I also have an about.me page which I put on my resume but based on my stats, no one has used that to do anything but try to look at my Facebook account.

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Decision made today, apparently; having to wait for the postal service is going to put me in my grave. GL all!

also, weird question: any chance that ND's recent, erm, time in the media will ever impact outcomes for ND grads? I mean, not only did one of their star players have an imaginary friend, but they did pretty much blatantly intimidate a sexual assault victim into suicide.

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 pm

UMich11 wrote:has anyone that has been WL sent in an LOCI? I need to do that but since they won't review till after april i'm not really in a big rush. bad idea?

anyone on this?

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:57 pm

romanticegotist wrote:Decision made today, apparently; having to wait for the postal service is going to put me in my grave. GL all!

also, weird question: any chance that ND's recent, erm, time in the media will ever impact outcomes for ND grads? I mean, not only did one of their star players have an imaginary friend, but they did pretty much blatantly intimidate a sexual assault victim into suicide.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the legal industry, so no.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:00 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
romanticegotist wrote:Decision made today, apparently; having to wait for the postal service is going to put me in my grave. GL all!

Haha of course. I forget that most of this stuff is so flash-in-the-pan nowadays anyway.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 pm

romanticegotist wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Haha of course. I forget that most of this stuff is so flash-in-the-pan nowadays anyway.
Yeah. Now, if they had been caught lying to the ABA, that'd be another thing…

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
romanticegotist wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Yeah. Now, if they had been caught lying to the ABA, that'd be another thing…
If that were the case I'd just turn around and run in the other direction haha

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:48 pm

I suggest you read some non-propaganda about the Seeberg incident before making false statements online.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

carbelshoe

New

Post by carbelshoe » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Admitted. 161. 3.9 GPA. URM.
Why ND Essay.
$15k a year.

Excited to move out of Arizona!
GO IRISH!!

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tcal

New

Post by tcal » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:22 am

In with $25,000 a year. Anyone know how ND is on full ride scholarships? Or at least getting closer to it? Don't know if I'd attend without a full scholly.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kaf5250

Bronze

Post by kaf5250 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:21 pm

tcal wrote:In with $25,000 a year. Anyone know how ND is on full ride scholarships? Or at least getting closer to it? Don't know if I'd attend without a full scholly.
Notre Dame's web site is pretty clear that they don't negotiate scholarships but I also might go there with a little more money so if you have any successful negotiations let me know !

tcal

New

Post by tcal » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:15 pm

kaf5250 wrote:
tcal wrote:In with $25,000 a year. Anyone know how ND is on full ride scholarships? Or at least getting closer to it? Don't know if I'd attend without a full scholly.
Notre Dame's web site is pretty clear that they don't negotiate scholarships but I also might go there with a little more money so if you have any successful negotiations let me know !
I've tried asking for more. Spoke with someone from the admissions office. I showed them higher offers from peer schools. But he basically said the same thing, that $25,000 per year is the most they give. I'm holding firm though. Probably won't attend unless they up the money.

steakandchicken

New

Post by steakandchicken » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:19 pm

tcal wrote:
kaf5250 wrote:
I've tried asking for more. Spoke with someone from the admissions office. I showed them higher offers from peer schools. But he basically said the same thing, that $25,000 per year is the most they give. I'm holding firm though. Probably won't attend unless they up the money.
Good to know - thank you for sharing this!

Jonathk1

Bronze

Post by Jonathk1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 am

--
Last edited by Jonathk1 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kaf5250

Bronze

Post by kaf5250 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:19 pm

steakandchicken wrote:
tcal wrote:
kaf5250 wrote:
Interesting. I have a call scheduled with someone from admissions on Wednesday I'll have to try as well. I'm also asking if they have any fellowships or anything like that to offer since it won't be exactly upping the scholarship but will be adding some extra $

Unoriginalist

Bronze

Post by Unoriginalist » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Jonathk1 wrote:Is he implying that those who are receiving less than $25k/year can possibly negotiate for more aid upto $25k?

Cause I have heard that NDLS does in fact negotiate aid -- maybe they changed their policies for this year..
I spoke with one of the deans in the admissions office on this this past week. The official stance is that they do not look at scholarships based on other schools' offers/acceptances, but that, depending on the scholarship budget situation around deposit time, numbers can be altered slightly around deposit time. From my discussion on the issue, it did not seem overly likely they'd budge much on an individual basis.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Hmmm...no rejection letter today, but I got my Washington and Lee letter which was mailed after whatever Notre Dame mailed. Is it possible they could've mailed an acceptance packet which is heavier/could take longer?

Or is the USPS trying to get my hopes up before crushing them.

lsatownsme

New

Post by lsatownsme » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:05 pm

How many status updates after going complete did yall get before the decision?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”