Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:45 am

We need a thread. Application doesn't open until October 1, but who is planning on applying? Looking forward to the next class starting to visit again.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby TheThriller » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 pm

:D obviously

User avatar
foosbol21
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby foosbol21 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Checking in.

VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

.

Postby VasaVasori » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:58 pm

.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ruxin1
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Ruxin1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:08 pm

VasaVasori wrote:I actually got an email from them and replied with all the reasons that I won't ever apply or attend. Bad blood.


go on...

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:17 pm

VasaVasori wrote:I actually got an email from them and replied with all the reasons that I won't ever apply or attend. Bad blood.


I would be interested to see if there was a point to this post. I don't think admissions is going to be too heartbroken about you though.

User avatar
foosbol21
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby foosbol21 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:26 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:I actually got an email from them and replied with all the reasons that I won't ever apply or attend. Bad blood.


go on...

VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

.

Postby VasaVasori » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:53 pm

.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby TheThriller » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:56 pm

VasaVasori wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:I would be interested to see if there was a point to this post. I don't think admissions is going to be too heartbroken about you though.

I've just have had a terrible day today and wanted to complain.

The email basically just described how Indiana law offers no protection for homosexuals against discrimination and how the university of Notre Dame's nondiscrimination policy doesn't either and they could presumably reject me for no other reason than the fact that I'm gay. I'm obviously not a lawyer so I don't know if this is actually the case. I also threw in a bit about atheism and the fact that their nondiscrimination policy doesn't mention religion or gender identity.

Plus I go to the U. (That's the real reason.)

And I'm sure you're right, ND is a really good school and they surely have plenty of applicants.


Indiana?

VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

.

Postby VasaVasori » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:00 pm

.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:02 pm

VasaVasori wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:I would be interested to see if there was a point to this post. I don't think admissions is going to be too heartbroken about you though.

I've just have had a terrible day today and wanted to complain.

The email basically just described how Indiana law offers no protection for homosexuals against discrimination and how the university of Notre Dame's nondiscrimination policy doesn't either and they could presumably reject me for no other reason than the fact that I'm gay. I'm obviously not a lawyer so I don't know if this is actually the case. I also threw in a bit about atheism and the fact that their nondiscrimination policy doesn't mention religion or gender identity.

Plus I go to the U. (That's the real reason.)

And I'm sure you're right, ND is a really good school and they surely have plenty of applicants.


We don't get very many gay applicants, but I am sure the law school would not reject people on that basis. Most Catholics are extremely tolerant. The school could in fact reject you for being gay or being atheist, but they do neither of those things. There are many atheists at the law school. I have actually been to only 4 or 5 religious services since I've been a student at ND (the last 6 years), and never once felt out of place because I don't practice.

As for the game, good luck next weekend. Not really feeling great about it at the moment, we're due for a loss after the last 3 games.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby TheThriller » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:04 pm

VV, there are so many "U"s

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:09 pm

In a Notre Dame thread, the U is going to refer to the University of Miami 99% of the time.

User avatar
BlueJeanBaby
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:08 pm

I'll be submitting an application this cycle. I don't have the best stats but a lot of work experience. Here's to hoping!

User avatar
MarkKnows87
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby MarkKnows87 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Checking in...Good luck to everyone 8)

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Application open today, good luck!

patspats
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby patspats » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:47 am

Checking in. Applying this cycle.

To current ND students, would you say the law school students are particularly religious? I assume a major of the undergrads are catholic, but would you say a good major of the law students are as well?

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby ndirish2010 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:33 pm

I would say a solid minority of the law students are practicing Catholics and that a majority are practicing Christians. It has a minimal effect on your experience unless you would prefer for it to have a positive experience. The only people I advise not to come are those who admit that they are not tolerant towards people who express their religious faith.

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby uconjak » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:57 pm

I understand being mad at ND. I applied for UG they lost my app. I didn't hear from them one way or the other so I called on May 1st. they told me they could not find it. that i didn't pay the app fee. I said yes i did..I said OK then you lost my app just send my money back, they said they would look for my app first. 2 days later they called and said they found my application. THey also said that apparently it was not reviewed because the app money didn't show up. I then faxed them a copy of the canceled check and asked please send me back my app fee. They then call and said you are rejected....Funny I had a 33 ACT, 3.98 GPA with 24 AP credit hours. Really pissed me off. I was in South Bend the next year and I went to the admin office and complained about how i was treated....I know it was only $50 but it was the principle of the thing. I am still holding that grudge...I know it is petty but it is what it is!

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby Mdenis1 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:45 am

Is the school similar to Pepperdine in term of religion impact on the overall experience?

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:08 am

Mdenis1 wrote:Is the school similar to Pepperdine in term of religion impact on the overall experience?


If you want it to be, sure. If you don't want it to be, no.

Look, as I've said several times on here, if you're a tolerant person who can respect people's religious beliefs and understand that there will be people around you who take their faith very seriously, then you're the type of person that should come here and could do well here. If you aren't, you really would not like it here.

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby uconjak » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:43 pm

I agree. Respect works both ways. Many on both sides of this issue disregard and disrespect people's beliefs.

LSP12
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby LSP12 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey all - I sent in my app this week. Can anyone here speak to the turn around on ND completing the app and sending out a status checker?

User avatar
BlueJeanBaby
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:56 am

My status checker says "Decision Made" as of two days ago. I'm a HUGE reach. Probably auto-ding :( Anyone else?

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Postby TheThriller » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Decision Made 10/30

Probably a ding or waitlist for me, I am a big splitter below 25% gpa and at/above 75% Lsat




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests