USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
twinkletoes16

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm

AKsnow wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Got the Rothman invite today.

ETA: video interview? wat? is anyone doing that? should i just make it as elle woods-y as possible?

I figure it can't hurt right?

On the contrary, I feel like it could definitely hurt. i don't want them to see that i'm an airhead until AFTER they fly me out and put me up in a hotel. :wink:

JohnMarshall17

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
AKsnow wrote:

ETA: video interview? wat? is anyone doing that? should i just make it as elle woods-y as possible?

On the contrary, I feel like it could definitely hurt. i don't want them to see that i'm an airhead until AFTER they fly me out and put me up in a hotel. :wink:

I haven't heard of a single person who actually did the video. That includes myself.

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 pm

JohnMarshall17 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
AKsnow wrote:

I haven't heard of a single person who actually did the video. That includes myself.

I can't think of any benefit it would have. I'm tempted to do it just to be like "hey watch this weird talent of mine" and then tap dance or shotgun a beer or do the splits or something.

uconjak

Postby uconjak » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 pm

I am looking at USC because of the LLM at the London School of Economics. I cant seem to find that option anywhere on the USC webste, couldn't find it on LSE site either, did they discontinue the program?

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 am

uconjak wrote:I am looking at USC because of the LLM at the London School of Economics. I cant seem to find that option anywhere on the USC webste, couldn't find it on LSE site either, did they discontinue the program?

http://www.usc.edu/dept/publications/ca ... /dual.html

J.D. Study Abroad Programs
USC Law offers five study abroad programs for J.D. students that provide opportunities to learn about foreign legal systems and to experience different cultures. Qualified second- and third-year J.D. candidates are exposed to international law as they take part in exchange programs with leading partner institutions worldwide.
International Dual Degree Program
London School of Economics: The USC/LSE dual degree program consists of two years of law study at USC Law followed by one year of study at the London School of Economics. Upon the successful completion of the three years of study, dual degree program participants will receive a J.D. degree from USC and an LL.M. degree from the University of London.
LSE is one of the largest schools of the University of London and is certainly one of the best known. It has an outstanding international reputation in economics and the social sciences. LSE has a very cosmopolitan character with over half of its 6,000 students, and many of its faculty, from outside the United Kingdom.

Very interesting! It's the first time I'v heard of this and it most definitely puts USC in new light for me!

AKsnow

Postby AKsnow » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
JohnMarshall17 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
AKsnow wrote:

I can't think of any benefit it would have. I'm tempted to do it just to be like "hey watch this weird talent of mine" and then tap dance or shotgun a beer or do the splits or something.

Yeah, I decided against it after I saw the Q's, nothing that could really help me a whole lot by doing them. Not like I have a shot anyways!

uconjak

Postby uconjak » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 am

JayJones78 wrote:
uconjak wrote:I am looking at USC because of the LLM at the London School of Economics. I cant seem to find that option anywhere on the USC webste, couldn't find it on LSE site either, did they discontinue the program?

USC Law offers five study abroad programs for J.D. students that provide opportunities to learn about foreign legal systems and to experience different cultures. Qualified second- and third-year J.D. candidates are exposed to international law as they take part in exchange programs with leading partner institutions worldwide.
London School of Economics: The USC/LSE dual degree program consists of two years of law study at USC Law followed by one year of study at the London School of Economics. Upon the successful completion of the three years of study, dual degree program participants will receive a J.D. degree from USC and an LL.M. degree from the University of London.
LSE is one of the largest schools of the University of London and is certainly one of the best known. It has an outstanding international reputation in economics and the social sciences. LSE has a very cosmopolitan character with over half of its 6,000 students, and many of its faculty, from outside the United Kingdom.

Very interesting! It's the first time I'v heard of this and it most definitely puts USC in new light for me!

Went to LSE for a term, loved it! The school is about equal distance from parliment and the London financial district. Heard about the program at that time. That got me interested in USC.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 am

uconjak wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

Went to LSE for a term, loved it! The school is about equal distance from parliment and the London financial district. Heard about the program at that time. That got me interested in USC.

I wish I knew about this before. I sent them a LOCI last week and I could have added a good paragraph about my interest in this program :roll:

goden

Postby goden » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm

JayJones78 wrote:I wish I knew about this before. I sent them a LOCI last week and I could have added a good paragraph about my interest in this program :roll:

You sent a LOCI already? Did you get WL or did you send one because they are taking so long?

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 pm

goden wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I wish I knew about this before. I sent them a LOCI last week and I could have added a good paragraph about my interest in this program :roll:

You sent a LOCI already? Did you get WL or did you send one because they are taking so long?

I sent one without really knowing it was a LOCI. I just thought itll be something that could add to my app. I'm in final review for the past week.

maxiguess

Postby maxiguess » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Man, I'm still just sitting at 12/12/12 complete. Anyone get a decision without any committee updates?

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:08 pm

my rothman essay is just not coming together. piece of crap. do rothman invites get some sort of $ as a consolation prize for not being a rothman finalist? I feel like just submitting a piece of paper with the words FIGHT ON would probably give me a better chance right now.

nba101790

Postby nba101790 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:11 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:my rothman essay is just not coming together. piece of crap. do rothman invites get some sort of $ as a consolation prize for not being a rothman finalist? I feel like just submitting a piece of paper with the words FIGHT ON would probably give me a better chance right now.

Try it. A little eccentricity never hurts.

maxiguess

Postby maxiguess » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 pm

I recommend plagiarizing as much of the script of The Jerk as possible.

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm

maxiguess wrote:I recommend plagiarizing as much of the script of The Jerk as possible.

What do you think I am? Some kind of jerk?

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:my rothman essay is just not coming together. piece of crap. do rothman invites get some sort of $ as a consolation prize for not being a rothman finalist? I feel like just submitting a piece of paper with the words FIGHT ON would probably give me a better chance right now.

From what I understand the most they give out outside of a Rothman is 30K a year. Up to you to decide if that's worth it.

anteater1

Postby anteater1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 pm

I believe they cancelled the LLM program at LSE...

At least that's what a current 1L told me.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 pm

anteater1 wrote:I believe they cancelled the LLM program at LSE...

At least that's what a current 1L told me.

It's still on their website (look at the link I sent) but it may be outdated. Definety worth looking into to confirm because it's a great program, if it's still active... :shock:

elblufer

Postby elblufer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:51 pm

It finally happened! I'm on first read!

goden

Postby goden » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:52 pm

elblufer wrote:It finally happened! I'm on first read!

It's an amazing feeling, isn't it? I can only imagine how second read must feel.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 pm

goden wrote:

It's an amazing feeling, isn't it? I can only imagine how second read must feel.

I jumped for 1st read to final review :o
Hopefully that's a good thing....

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
goden wrote:

Just now? woo! fingers crossed man!

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Just went from 1st Read (1/15) to 2nd Read today

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
goden wrote:

Just now? woo! fingers crossed man!

No... Happened on 1/14
Radio silence since then :?

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:08 pm

I would pay to move past complete 10/29

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”