USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
radar714
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby radar714 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:46 pm

mcs268 wrote:In off the waitlist today too, 3.6/166 so looks like I'm the first below both medians WLer that got in today who reported so far. I was shocked, pleasantly. Also got the 15000 year/45k overal scholly. Also surprised I got that amount.


holy balls you're giving me a lot of hope!!!! Congrats btw!

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:48 pm

radar714 wrote:
mcs268 wrote:In off the waitlist today too, 3.6/166 so looks like I'm the first below both medians WLer that got in today who reported so far. I was shocked, pleasantly. Also got the 15000 year/45k overal scholly. Also surprised I got that amount.


holy balls you're giving me a lot of hope!!!! Congrats btw!


When will be our day radar714? When?

jdmonkey
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby jdmonkey » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:57 pm

"There is no way anyone will get 120 this late in the cycle." from ZMAN

Not true everyone at WUSTL with a 166 or above just got a full ride today. They also emailed people who had previously rejected their offer. Got to appreciate the insanity of the application process. You never know :D

Not meant to distract in any way from those that got in off the wait list. Congrats!

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 pm

jdmonkey wrote:"There is no way anyone will get 120 this late in the cycle." from ZMAN

Not true everyone at WUSTL with a 166 or above just got a full ride today. They also emailed people who had previously rejected their offer. Got to appreciate the insanity of the application process. You never know :D

Not meant to distract in any way from those that got in off the wait list. Congrats!


Congrats too to all those who got off the waitlist! Sorry for the candor, it's hard not to have joined you yet :/

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:34 pm

jdmonkey wrote:"There is no way anyone will get 120 this late in the cycle." from ZMAN

Not true everyone at WUSTL with a 166 or above just got a full ride today. They also emailed people who had previously rejected their offer. Got to appreciate the insanity of the application process. You never know :D

Not meant to distract in any way from those that got in off the wait list. Congrats!


I meant USC only.

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:38 pm

I was put on the waitlist in early may. I sent a LOCI about a week ago, not sure if that influenced it at all. 15k/yr also. Congrats everyone

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby mcs268 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:50 pm

radar714 wrote:
mcs268 wrote:In off the waitlist today too, 3.6/166 so looks like I'm the first below both medians WLer that got in today who reported so far. I was shocked, pleasantly. Also got the 15000 year/45k overal scholly. Also surprised I got that amount.


holy balls you're giving me a lot of hope!!!! Congrats btw!


Thank you! I never thought I would be in the position of giving hope to people here given my numbers haha. I also got a personal call from the admissions office, not sure f anyone else got that.

Good luck to everyone else! It CAN happen :)

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Still waiting 166/3.61 would accept in a heartbeat and make the move from the midatlantic

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Also in off the WL with $$! Have until 6/18 to respond...

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Does anybody think they're going to send out any more today or tomorrow?

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Not sure. I'm scared that those are their offers and now they need to hear back.

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Dream Weave wrote:Not sure. I'm scared that those are their offers and now they need to hear back.


I'm so tired of waiting... it feels like it's getting ridiculous.

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:26 pm

That's because...IT IS

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Dream Weave wrote:That's because...IT IS


Do they have to be so vague? I just talked to them again and all they offer is "we don't know", "they'll be continuing throughout July and August", "they don't tell us that"... It's not trivial, it's our lives and futures here -- you'd think they could find out whether or not all the offers made in reference to the email from last week have already gone out. No organization can be so disconnected as to have no idea what's going on. They make you feel like you're prying or asking for too much -- like they're some clandestine society. I just want to know if I have to start making real arrangements to move my entire life across the country; not like it's a big deal or anything!

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:06 pm

epgenius wrote:
Dream Weave wrote:That's because...IT IS


Do they have to be so vague? I just talked to them again and all they offer is "we don't know", "they'll be continuing throughout July and August", "they don't tell us that"... It's not trivial, it's our lives and futures here -- you'd think they could find out whether or not all the offers made in reference to the email from last week have already gone out. No organization can be so disconnected as to have no idea what's going on. They make you feel like you're prying or asking for too much -- like they're some clandestine society. I just want to know if I have to start making real arrangements to move my entire life across the country; not like it's a big deal or anything!


yeah this is uncharted territory for these schools, they are used to having so many applicants and they could easily fill out a class quickly but not anymore, they are actually giving 45k,60k and 75k to people on the waitlist. That's unheard off. It should be done by the end of the month though.

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Anything?

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Dmini7 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:33 pm

I recently withdrew. 90k back in the pot for you guys. I hope someone from TLS gets that money :D. Best of luck to all of you.

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:03 pm

hard to say what the class size will be here. probably less than 170 at this point.

UncleStew
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby UncleStew » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Who should I contact when trying to negotiate scholly?

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby elblufer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:09 pm

zman wrote:hard to say what the class size will be here. probably less than 170 at this point.


I was told on my tour last week that they're aiming for 180-185.

owells
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 10:53 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby owells » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:43 pm

elblufer wrote:
zman wrote:hard to say what the class size will be here. probably less than 170 at this point.


I was told on my tour last week that they're aiming for 180-185.


Anyone have an idea of where they are at now?

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Withdrew my WL acceptance with 45k, hope one of you guys gets it. Good luck

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:38 am

elblufer wrote:
zman wrote:hard to say what the class size will be here. probably less than 170 at this point.


I was told on my tour last week that they're aiming for 180-185.


I doubt they can get that many this cycle and keep their median.

User avatar
radar714
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby radar714 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Any new offers? Any deadlines that recent admits can shed light on for those of us still wading in the dark caverns of the waitlist?

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby elblufer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

radar714 wrote:Any new offers? Any deadlines that recent admits can shed light on for those of us still wading in the dark caverns of the waitlist?


When I was admitted, I was given 5 days to submit my first deposit. Second deposit deadline is in 6 days, though, so, that'll likely change. Total deposit is $1000.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cathy95, Long shot hero, stratton_oakmont, tinafeyclone and 12 guests