USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
zorro.99
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zorro.99 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:30 pm

onionskin wrote:Anyone below (LSAT) median get in or on WL?


Im WL with a 162 and a 3.75

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Thu May 09, 2013 5:38 pm

So anyone else in final review for over a week?


EDIT: wait listed
Last edited by TUICE on Thu May 09, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Thu May 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Dream Weave wrote:
onionskin wrote:Anyone below (LSAT) median get in or on WL?


Alot of us are just below GPA and LSAt (166/3.6X)


+1

Do you know if they give any credence to locals? Nothing against the 167s but it's kinda killer to see them get off with $$ over us 166s with 0.3 - 0.5+ GPA advantages. It seems like a bs move when it takes years of a different work ethic to produce that difference, while any of us could have probably swayed 2-3 pts on LSAT test day with a little more sleep and some luck.

User avatar
tocheer67
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby tocheer67 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:13 pm

jdmonkey wrote:
tocheer67 wrote:
UncleStew wrote:I considered negotiating ... How are you planning on negotiating ?


I'm going to call the office and mention that I'm waitlisted at Cornell, mention my LSAT, and just totally sell myself.
Worst that could happen is I still get 60k.


They know you have a great LSAT and they want you because they offered you a spot and 60k. They think u are great. In terms of scholarship, if I was you I would do what I could to make them think I was going to BU where u applied. Send USC the offer you got from BU. maybe even pretend u would be willing to sit out a cycle to get the money you want. I know you are thrilled about USC, so this is tough to do, but if you want to squeeze money out of the school the wait list at Cornell wont give you leverage cause u aren't in yet. Try to play hard to get! But feel free to disregard my advice. My application has not yet been deemed worthy of being read.



This is really great advice. Thank you so much!! I didn't even think to use BU as leverage. I will definitely include that in my emails. We've been emailing back and forth today and they said they'll try and get me a response soon.

ams929
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby ams929 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:49 pm

tocheer67 wrote:
jdmonkey wrote:
tocheer67 wrote:
UncleStew wrote:I considered negotiating ... How are you planning on negotiating ?


I'm going to call the office and mention that I'm waitlisted at Cornell, mention my LSAT, and just totally sell myself.
Worst that could happen is I still get 60k.


They know you have a great LSAT and they want you because they offered you a spot and 60k. They think u are great. In terms of scholarship, if I was you I would do what I could to make them think I was going to BU where u applied. Send USC the offer you got from BU. maybe even pretend u would be willing to sit out a cycle to get the money you want. I know you are thrilled about USC, so this is tough to do, but if you want to squeeze money out of the school the wait list at Cornell wont give you leverage cause u aren't in yet. Try to play hard to get! But feel free to disregard my advice. My application has not yet been deemed worthy of being read.



This is really great advice. Thank you so much!! I didn't even think to use BU as leverage. I will definitely include that in my emails. We've been emailing back and forth today and they said they'll try and get me a response soon.


please let us know it goes! I tried using big money from Emory and a spot on Northwestern's waitlist and got shutdown.

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JesusChrist » Thu May 09, 2013 7:26 pm

In off of the WL. Didn't do the video interview thing or even send in a LOCI. I'm from LA though, so maybe they didn't think a LOCI was needed to get me to go to USC. I thought for sure me ignoring the video interview would have gotten me a ding, but I guess they're really hard after the 167s.

Is the $ info in a separate email? If not, I don't think i got any money. And if that's the case, I don't know if USC at sticker is worth it.

EDIT: NVM, the scholarship email came late.

Fuck man. USC forcing me to make decisions and shit?

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Thu May 09, 2013 8:06 pm

JesusChrist wrote:In off of the WL. Didn't do the video interview thing or even send in a LOCI. I'm from LA though, so maybe they didn't think a LOCI was needed to get me to go to USC. I thought for sure me ignoring the video interview would have gotten me a ding, but I guess they're really hard after the 167s.

Is the $ info in a separate email? If not, I don't think i got any money. And if that's the case, I don't know if USC at sticker is worth it.

EDIT: NVM, the scholarship email came late.

Fuck man. USC forcing me to make decisions and shit?


Poor you, bro.

Signed,

The 166s

zz888
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zz888 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:43 pm

JesusChrist wrote:In off of the WL. Didn't do the video interview thing or even send in a LOCI. I'm from LA though, so maybe they didn't think a LOCI was needed to get me to go to USC. I thought for sure me ignoring the video interview would have gotten me a ding, but I guess they're really hard after the 167s.

Is the $ info in a separate email? If not, I don't think i got any money. And if that's the case, I don't know if USC at sticker is worth it.

EDIT: NVM, the scholarship email came late.

Fuck man. USC forcing me to make decisions and shit?


it irritates me that they "strongly encourage" doing the video interview, then go ahead and accept WLers who didn't do it or send LOCIs. No offense to JesusChrist i'm just saying if they clearly only care about 167s, nothing else, then why lie about it? They should just tell us WLers that they go down the list in order of LSAT scores highest to lowest. just sayin'

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Thu May 09, 2013 8:46 pm

zz888 wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:In off of the WL. Didn't do the video interview thing or even send in a LOCI. I'm from LA though, so maybe they didn't think a LOCI was needed to get me to go to USC. I thought for sure me ignoring the video interview would have gotten me a ding, but I guess they're really hard after the 167s.

Is the $ info in a separate email? If not, I don't think i got any money. And if that's the case, I don't know if USC at sticker is worth it.

EDIT: NVM, the scholarship email came late.

Fuck man. USC forcing me to make decisions and shit?


it irritates me that they "strongly encourage" doing the video interview, then go ahead and accept WLers who didn't do it or send LOCIs. No offense to JesusChrist i'm just saying if they clearly only care about 167s, nothing else, then why lie about it? They should just tell us WLers that they go down the list in order of LSAT scores highest to lowest. just sayin'



well they don't know how many of those 167s will accept I guess.

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Thu May 09, 2013 8:47 pm

zz888 wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:In off of the WL. Didn't do the video interview thing or even send in a LOCI. I'm from LA though, so maybe they didn't think a LOCI was needed to get me to go to USC. I thought for sure me ignoring the video interview would have gotten me a ding, but I guess they're really hard after the 167s.

Is the $ info in a separate email? If not, I don't think i got any money. And if that's the case, I don't know if USC at sticker is worth it.

EDIT: NVM, the scholarship email came late.

Fuck man. USC forcing me to make decisions and shit?


it irritates me that they "strongly encourage" doing the video interview, then go ahead and accept WLers who didn't do it or send LOCIs. No offense to JesusChrist i'm just saying if they clearly only care about 167s, nothing else, then why lie about it? They should just tell us WLers that they go down the list in order of LSAT scores highest to lowest. just sayin'


Seriously! Well, looks like we got two more LSN-ers to go before we get to the 166 people. Glad they take a holistic approach to selecting candidates, and don't just disregard GPA or effort. Why even visit campus, or write LOCIs, or do the interview, or talk to Chloe Reid?

zz888
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zz888 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Im at a 164...so im pretty much screwed huh. Heres to waiting till August for a potential acceptance.

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Thu May 09, 2013 8:59 pm

zz888 wrote:Im at a 164...so im pretty much screwed huh. Heres to waiting till August for a potential acceptance.


Sorry. At least they seem to be cruising through the 167s... kacy just got accepted on LSN which only leaves uscbstudent. As far as the 166s are concerned, every wait list applicant above my numbers has committed somewhere else so there's still hope!

zz888
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zz888 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:00 pm

epgenius wrote:
zz888 wrote:Im at a 164...so im pretty much screwed huh. Heres to waiting till August for a potential acceptance.


Sorry. At least they seem to be cruising through the 167s... kacy just got accepted on LSN which only leaves uscbstudent. As far as the 166s are concerned, every wait list applicant above my numbers has committed somewhere else so there's still hope!



I agree i think the 166's are in good shape! I wish they would have some love for USC undergrads though :(

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Thu May 09, 2013 9:05 pm

zz888 wrote:
epgenius wrote:
zz888 wrote:Im at a 164...so im pretty much screwed huh. Heres to waiting till August for a potential acceptance.


Sorry. At least they seem to be cruising through the 167s... kacy just got accepted on LSN which only leaves uscbstudent. As far as the 166s are concerned, every wait list applicant above my numbers has committed somewhere else so there's still hope!



I agree i think the 166's are in good shape! I wish they would have some love for USC undergrads though :(



They are pulling every 167 they can get their hands and throwing big money. Anyone know the second deposit deadline date? I feel like that will be huge one way or the other for our 166 brethren

zz888
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zz888 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Dream Weave wrote:
zz888 wrote:
epgenius wrote:
zz888 wrote:Im at a 164...so im pretty much screwed huh. Heres to waiting till August for a potential acceptance.


Sorry. At least they seem to be cruising through the 167s... kacy just got accepted on LSN which only leaves uscbstudent. As far as the 166s are concerned, every wait list applicant above my numbers has committed somewhere else so there's still hope!



I agree i think the 166's are in good shape! I wish they would have some love for USC undergrads though :(



They are pulling every 167 they can get their hands and throwing big money. Anyone know the second deposit deadline date? I feel like that will be huge one way or the other for our 166 brethren


From USC Law Website: July 1, 2013 Second enrollment deposit of $500 due

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JesusChrist » Fri May 10, 2013 3:18 am

zz888 wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:In off of the WL. Didn't do the video interview thing or even send in a LOCI. I'm from LA though, so maybe they didn't think a LOCI was needed to get me to go to USC. I thought for sure me ignoring the video interview would have gotten me a ding, but I guess they're really hard after the 167s.

Is the $ info in a separate email? If not, I don't think i got any money. And if that's the case, I don't know if USC at sticker is worth it.

EDIT: NVM, the scholarship email came late.

Fuck man. USC forcing me to make decisions and shit?


it irritates me that they "strongly encourage" doing the video interview, then go ahead and accept WLers who didn't do it or send LOCIs. No offense to JesusChrist i'm just saying if they clearly only care about 167s, nothing else, then why lie about it? They should just tell us WLers that they go down the list in order of LSAT scores highest to lowest. just sayin'


No offense taken. Although now that I think about it, I do remember sending USC an update about my LSAT score through a LOCI-esque letter. I sent this 1 week before my initial WL though.

I think you have a fair reason to be miffed. But USC's system definitely works because I think I'm going to deposit.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Xs20 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Decision Finalized yesterday. Woo-friggin-hoo.

User avatar
radar714
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby radar714 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:20 pm

zz888 wrote:
epgenius wrote:
zz888 wrote:Im at a 164...so im pretty much screwed huh. Heres to waiting till August for a potential acceptance.


Sorry. At least they seem to be cruising through the 167s... kacy just got accepted on LSN which only leaves uscbstudent. As far as the 166s are concerned, every wait list applicant above my numbers has committed somewhere else so there's still hope!



I agree i think the 166's are in good shape! I wish they would have some love for USC undergrads though :(


+1, double trojans FTW

jdmonkey
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby jdmonkey » Fri May 10, 2013 4:23 pm

From my understanding 167 will be both the median and 75th percentile of this class. Once USC officially locks that up the flood gates will open for the 166's. At full sticker though. When I was applying, I bought into that holistic approach nonsense admissions talks about. The whole thing is a joke, so it isn't worth getting upset about it. But if they are only offering 60k to 167's their yield rate will be garbage.

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Fri May 10, 2013 4:30 pm

jdmonkey wrote:From my understanding 167 will be both the median and 75th percentile of this class. Once USC officially locks that up the flood gates will open for the 166's. At full sticker though. When I was applying, I bought into that holistic approach nonsense admissions talks about. The whole thing is a joke, so it isn't worth getting upset about it. But if they are only offering 60k to 167's their yield rate will be garbage.


yes you are quite right about the whole holistic approach being a bad joke. You might get about 30k or 15k if you are a 166 though.

I'm not sure about the 75th percentile being a 167, it might be higher. There is no way to know as of now.

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JesusChrist » Fri May 10, 2013 4:48 pm

So where do I find my deadline to accept the offer? Do they expect me to retroactively pay the deposits whose deadline I've already missed?

epgenius
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby epgenius » Fri May 10, 2013 6:24 pm

JesusChrist wrote:So where do I find my deadline to accept the offer? Do they expect me to retroactively pay the deposits whose deadline I've already missed?


Of course! If I remember correctly, the woman at the admissions office said that the first $500 deposit is due within like 4 or 5 days of notification of your acceptance and then you'll have to pay the second deposit on July 1st too. Amazing that, after keeping us waiting for upwards of 4-5 months, they have the gaul to require us to decide within a f***ing workweek.

duncanmn95
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:13 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby duncanmn95 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Decision finalized, but not email :?:

jdmonkey
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby jdmonkey » Sun May 12, 2013 8:45 am

Anyone else still in CR2?

User avatar
Omnivalc
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Omnivalc » Sun May 12, 2013 10:31 pm

jdmonkey wrote:Anyone else still in CR2?


YES. How am I still on CR 2 with a 172 and a 3.85 will somebody explain this to me?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests