USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
calinyc
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby calinyc » Thu May 02, 2013 2:34 pm

jdmonkey wrote:
Omnivalc wrote:I JUST WANT USC TO TELL ME SO THIS GODDAMN CYCLE CAN BE OVER HOW AM I STILL IN CR2


+1


I'm still in CR1. How is that even possible?

zzzzurzolo
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:46 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zzzzurzolo » Thu May 02, 2013 4:51 pm

I got "Decision Finalized" on status checker May 1st.

I have yet to receive an email, and the "mailings" box on the status checker site does not list that anything was sent via snail mail.

Not sure if I can read anything into this?

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Thu May 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Hey guys. I apologize if this is common knowledge but I haven't been paying close attention to this thread. I was wondering if there was a standard turnaround time from going into final review to receiving a decision. I went under final review today so I am just a little nervous I suppose.

Thanks

User avatar
thatgumyoulike
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby thatgumyoulike » Thu May 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Omnivalc wrote:I JUST WANT USC TO TELL ME SO THIS GODDAMN CYCLE CAN BE OVER HOW AM I STILL IN CR2


This.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby simplycatalina » Thu May 02, 2013 10:20 pm

TUICE wrote:Hey guys. I apologize if this is common knowledge but I haven't been paying close attention to this thread. I was wondering if there was a standard turnaround time from going into final review to receiving a decision. I went under final review today so I am just a little nervous I suppose.

Thanks


FWIW I went into FR 4/11 and got wait-listed last Thursday. I think for other people it took only a day and they got accepted, and then others were longer. TBH it's all kinda random.

cmkrazy
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:11 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby cmkrazy » Thu May 02, 2013 10:32 pm

zzzzurzolo wrote:I got "Decision Finalized" on status checker May 1st.

I have yet to receive an email, and the "mailings" box on the status checker site does not list that anything was sent via snail mail.

Not sure if I can read anything into this?



I'm in the exact same boat :/

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Thu May 02, 2013 10:54 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
TUICE wrote:Hey guys. I apologize if this is common knowledge but I haven't been paying close attention to this thread. I was wondering if there was a standard turnaround time from going into final review to receiving a decision. I went under final review today so I am just a little nervous I suppose.

Thanks


FWIW I went into FR 4/11 and got wait-listed last Thursday. I think for other people it took only a day and they got accepted, and then others were longer. TBH it's all kinda random.


Thanks, i appreciate the response. I guess if dont hear tomorrow i shouldnt be expecting much haha. I'm on the WL at UCLA so i assume USC will most likely be the same thing, so ill probably be joining you soon.

User avatar
thatgumyoulike
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby thatgumyoulike » Fri May 03, 2013 12:36 pm

FR today finally! Any chance I get a decision today, before the weekend? :?

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby simplycatalina » Fri May 03, 2013 1:12 pm

If you guys sent a LOCI, did they acknowledge receiving it??

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Fri May 03, 2013 1:15 pm

I did! Took a day!

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby simplycatalina » Fri May 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Dream Weave wrote:I did! Took a day!


ok thanks! :) sent it yesterday so hopefully i'll hear today.

eomea5
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby eomea5 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:23 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
Dream Weave wrote:I did! Took a day!


ok thanks! :) sent it yesterday so hopefully i'll hear today.


yeah, they emailed me back the next day. also - if you are having an extra LOR sent in, they have to receive it by post - they do not accept as email.

Daft
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Daft » Fri May 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Ive sent two and never heard back. One after their most recent email and one weeks ago. Worth reaching back or calling the office?

User avatar
thatgumyoulike
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby thatgumyoulike » Fri May 03, 2013 2:41 pm

thatgumyoulike wrote:FR today finally! Any chance I get a decision today, before the weekend? :?

Nevermind, Decision Finalized just now! No email yet.

Edited: typo.

atomist
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:09 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby atomist » Fri May 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Went 'decision finalized' today and was accepted via email a few hours later. I will be withdrawing so good luck to people waiting.

User avatar
thatgumyoulike
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby thatgumyoulike » Fri May 03, 2013 8:54 pm

thatgumyoulike wrote:
thatgumyoulike wrote:FR today finally! Any chance I get a decision today, before the weekend? :?

Nevermind, Decision Finalized just now! No email yet.

Wild day. Went FR, DF, in with 60K the same day after spending months on CR1 AND CR2 each.

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Fri May 03, 2013 9:06 pm

thatgumyoulike wrote:
thatgumyoulike wrote:
thatgumyoulike wrote:FR today finally! Any chance I get a decision today, before the weekend? :?

Nevermind, Decision Finalized just now! No email yet.

Wild day. Went FR, DF, in with 60K the same day after spending months on CR1 AND CR2 each.


are you a 167 LSAT?

Daft
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Daft » Fri May 03, 2013 9:16 pm

In off Waitlist 20 minutes ago. And with 60k. Was wait listed 2 weeks ago

NoChainz
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby NoChainz » Fri May 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Wow, in after submitting 12/4 and going complete 2/25

User avatar
thatgumyoulike
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby thatgumyoulike » Fri May 03, 2013 9:38 pm

zman wrote:
thatgumyoulike wrote:
thatgumyoulike wrote:
thatgumyoulike wrote:FR today finally! Any chance I get a decision today, before the weekend? :?

Nevermind, Decision Finalized just now! No email yet.

Wild day. Went FR, DF, in with 60K the same day after spending months on CR1 AND CR2 each.


are you a 167 LSAT?

168

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Fri May 03, 2013 10:19 pm

In today after submitting in OCTOBER. WTF. I had assumed they forgot about me or rejected me and I just never got notification.

mustached
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:53 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby mustached » Fri May 03, 2013 10:54 pm

In off WL today. Submitted LATE January. Sent LOCI and did video.

I'm WELL above both 75% (HYS capable) and only got $60k. Not really sure why I got lowballed.

UncleStew
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby UncleStew » Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 pm

In off WL as well. Just WL last week with 167 LSAT. 60K Scholarship letter, though I'm a tad confused. When I login to fin aid, it says there is no financial aid award yet?

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby mcs268 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:46 am

Where's my WL acceptance? :(

if only i got one point higher to a 167..life sucks.

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Sat May 04, 2013 12:50 am

mcs268 wrote:Where's my WL acceptance? :(

if only i got one point higher to a 167..life sucks.


:cry:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fancyfluter22, Ferrisjso, hellohalo, Houzy, lg77, lillawyer2, PDX4343, potterotter, premalone, stewhan, uhwrestler, whodareswins, xnsch, XUMickeal and 20 guests