USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
unclepete
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby unclepete » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:24 am

Law911 wrote:
zorro.99 wrote:
Law911 wrote:Has anyone who went decision finalized on 4/10 gotten their notification?


Yes, got a waitlist email shortly after


Uh oh... it's looking like a rejection for me


You were FR or DF on 4/10? I went FR on 4/10 and have heard nothing

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Anybody do the WL video thus far? I think the deadline is 4/22 (correct me if I'm wrong, which is highly likely).

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby md22 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:51 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:Anybody do the WL video thus far? I think the deadline is 4/22 (correct me if I'm wrong, which is highly likely).


I think it's 4/26. I haven't had the chance to yet but sometime this week I'm going to give it a shot.

ricalynn
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby ricalynn » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:55 pm

For those that are in- how long did it take between getting accepted and hearing about $?

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:57 pm

ricalynn wrote:For those that are in- how long did it take between getting accepted and hearing about $?


Interested in this as well... Assuming we'll have a little time to decide/negotiate after their initial offer?

I know the deadline is 4/15 but that can't possibly apply to students who haven't heard about scholly $$$ yet correct?

Jonathk1
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Jonathk1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:30 pm

anteater1 wrote:
ricalynn wrote:For those that are in- how long did it take between getting accepted and hearing about $?


Interested in this as well... Assuming we'll have a little time to decide/negotiate after their initial offer?

I know the deadline is 4/15 but that can't possibly apply to students who haven't heard about scholly $$$ yet correct?


Yup, certain it does not apply to students who will be offered $$ after 4/15.

ricalynn
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby ricalynn » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Jonathk1 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
ricalynn wrote:For those that are in- how long did it take between getting accepted and hearing about $?


Interested in this as well... Assuming we'll have a little time to decide/negotiate after their initial offer?

I know the deadline is 4/15 but that can't possibly apply to students who haven't heard about scholly $$$ yet correct?


Yup, certain it does not apply to students who will be offered $$ after 4/15.


The deposit deadline isn't until 5/1 I think?

Jonathk1
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Jonathk1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:34 pm

ricalynn wrote:
Jonathk1 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
ricalynn wrote:For those that are in- how long did it take between getting accepted and hearing about $?


Interested in this as well... Assuming we'll have a little time to decide/negotiate after their initial offer?

I know the deadline is 4/15 but that can't possibly apply to students who haven't heard about scholly $$$ yet correct?


Yup, certain it does not apply to students who will be offered $$ after 4/15.


The deposit deadline isn't until 5/1 I think?


Yup, the first seat deposit is due 5/1. The deadline to "reserve" scholarships is today, 4/15.

FYI if you're curious, from what I've heard, "reserving" scholarships just entails a student letting the university know whether they are (a) attending, (b) still deciding, or (c) not attending.

jbf
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby jbf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:41 pm

Law911 wrote:
zorro.99 wrote:
Law911 wrote:Has anyone who went decision finalized on 4/10 gotten their notification?


Yes, got a waitlist email shortly after


Uh oh... it's looking like a rejection for me


Ugh. Ditto. I went DF on 4/10 and haven't heard back. Rejection?

redmessengerbag
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby redmessengerbag » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Looks like I'll be dinged pretty quickly...

CR1 4/9 - FR today

Hrun
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Hrun » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:17 pm

redmessengerbag wrote:Looks like I'll be dinged pretty quickly...

CR1 4/9 - FR today


Hopefully, it means that they don't need anymore time to decide if they want you and they realize they need to get you a scholarship offer before you decide to go somewhere else. I do hate when they move so fast. Holistic approach my ass!!!

eki
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby eki » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Still in committee 1 review. This is ridiculous, did they just forget my application or something? I wonder if I should contact them about this.

User avatar
Pierrot
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Pierrot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:31 pm

You think it will be any use to contact them tomorrow about getting $ money when initially receiving none considering that the scholly "deadline" was today? Who would I email?

redmessengerbag
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby redmessengerbag » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Hrun wrote:
redmessengerbag wrote:Looks like I'll be dinged pretty quickly...

CR1 4/9 - FR today


Hopefully, it means that they don't need anymore time to decide if they want you and they realize they need to get you a scholarship offer before you decide to go somewhere else. I do hate when they move so fast. Holistic approach my ass!!!


I love the optimistic reply :P , but realistically I know it'll be a ding (and I'm an eternal optimist too).

I definitely would love to go to SC, even at full sticker.

User avatar
enidwexler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby enidwexler » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:44 pm

In FR since 4/11. Chances of hearing back this week?

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby CO2016YEAH » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:56 pm

What has CR1 --> FR meant for people thus far?

CR1 a week or two ago and FR just now.

Jonathk1
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Jonathk1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Pierrot wrote:You think it will be any use to contact them tomorrow about getting $ money when initially receiving none considering that the scholly "deadline" was today? Who would I email?


You would contact the financial aid office about scholarships. I don't think anyone will hear back until after 5/1 since "reserving" scholarship only entails notifying the university of where you stand on attending for Fall.

However, applicants who are not serious about attending USC will probably not put down a 500$ deposit due 5/1, thus opening up scholarship money (assuming they were offered scholarship money). We're also under the assumption here that if those who were offered scholarships decide not to attend, that "scholarship" money will be definitely redistributed to other applicants. Honestly, they can just keep the money themselves.

User avatar
luxurylawyer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby luxurylawyer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:18 am

CO2016YEAH wrote:What has CR1 --> FR meant for people thus far?

CR1 a week or two ago and FR just now.


I went CR1->DR last week, got my ding in the mail yesterday. You never know, though.

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby CO2016YEAH » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:00 pm

luxurylawyer wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:What has CR1 --> FR meant for people thus far?

CR1 a week or two ago and FR just now.


I went CR1->DR last week, got my ding in the mail yesterday. You never know, though.


Oof. Well thanks for the info anyhow. It went straight DR? No final review?

User avatar
unclepete
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby unclepete » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:01 pm

luxurylawyer wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:What has CR1 --> FR meant for people thus far?

CR1 a week or two ago and FR just now.


I went CR1->DR last week, got my ding in the mail yesterday. You never know, though.


I also went CR1->FR, and have heard nothing. Expecting a ding in the mail, since I didn't receive the WL email and those are supposed to come pretty quickly.

User avatar
luxurylawyer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby luxurylawyer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:20 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:
luxurylawyer wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:What has CR1 --> FR meant for people thus far?

CR1 a week or two ago and FR just now.


I went CR1->DR last week, got my ding in the mail yesterday. You never know, though.


Oof. Well thanks for the info anyhow. It went straight DR? No final review?


If it went into FR, it was damn quick. I was UCR at 2, and DR at 3. Definitely was an auto-ding.

User avatar
unclepete
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby unclepete » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:26 pm

luxurylawyer wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:
luxurylawyer wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:What has CR1 --> FR meant for people thus far?

CR1 a week or two ago and FR just now.


I went CR1->DR last week, got my ding in the mail yesterday. You never know, though.


Oof. Well thanks for the info anyhow. It went straight DR? No final review?


If it went into FR, it was damn quick. I was UCR at 2, and DR at 3. Definitely was an auto-ding.


That seems weird with your numbers. That 169 should have gotten you the WL. Why do you think this was?

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby CO2016YEAH » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:55 pm

So they send out WL emails almost right away? Do they notify dings and admiits by email also, or do they send those only by snail mail?

ricalynn
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby ricalynn » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:01 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:So they send out WL emails almost right away? Do they notify dings and admiits by email also, or do they send those only by snail mail?


My admit was via email with a snail mail acceptance showing up a few days later.

jdmonkey
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby jdmonkey » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:06 pm

I have been in CR2 for over 2 months. Not even upset. Just find it comical. Slower than the Bronx criminal courts!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Baidu [Spider], carlos_danger, curry1, dietcoke1, emirleee, mm2368, mudiverse, okf731, Smc1994, sonyco, vho1791, xn3345, yuppitsme, zeglo and 36 guests