USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
maxiguess
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby maxiguess » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:05 pm

I'm a 168 and still on CR2. Low GPA though.

iamsupergrover
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby iamsupergrover » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Went into final review last night. Complete 12/12. CR1 early feb, CR2 2/25. Interpret what you will from my numbers (162/3.8)

eta: my gpa is 3.8, but 3.8) is pretty cool too. Thanks emoticon/parenthesis defaults!

User avatar
Homelandsagreatshow
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Homelandsagreatshow » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:03 pm

2nd read today! first read was a few weeks ago...fingers CROSSSSEDD...

jdmonkey
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby jdmonkey » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Still on CR 2 from early Feb lol. Good luck for those of you on CR 1. Maybe we will hear in June at this rate?

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:51 pm

was on CR1 for a month, today got changed to FR. Basically never went to CR2 - a sign of a ding, correct?

Daft
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Daft » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Submit 1/9
CR1 - 3/13
CR 2 - 4/2

LSAT - 167
GPA - Between 3 and 3.3

How you think its looking for me? Im assuming not great...

lili_yums
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby lili_yums » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Has anyone been able to negotiate to get something from nothing by way of scholarships? If so please Let me know how you were able to do it ?

duncanmn95
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:13 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby duncanmn95 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Daft wrote:Submit 1/9
CR1 - 3/13
CR 2 - 4/2

LSAT - 167
GPA - Between 3 and 3.3

How you think its looking for me? Im assuming not great...


I hope it's looking good!!!! :)

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby sdphill » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:42 pm

99.9luft wrote:was on CR1 for a month, today got changed to FR. Basically never went to CR2 - a sign of a ding, correct?


Not necessarily. I'm a 1L at Gould and I went from CR1 --> Final Review

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby simplycatalina » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:46 pm

Is it a bad sign to have been complete for a while before going to CR1? complete 1/30 and CR1 yesterday...

User avatar
unclepete
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby unclepete » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:Is it a bad sign to have been complete for a while before going to CR1? complete 1/30 and CR1 yesterday...


Complete 1/31 and still have not entered review

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby CO2016YEAH » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:58 pm

unclepete wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:Is it a bad sign to have been complete for a while before going to CR1? complete 1/30 and CR1 yesterday...


Complete 1/31 and still have not entered review


Complete 1/29 and CR1 yesterday. Maybe you'll go CR1 tomorrow?

As for whether this means bad news, I hope it doesn't. Really we've only been sitting at complete for about 2 months, which wouldn't be uncharacteristic had we had our apps in sooner. I'd like to get at least one admit where LSP had me at "deny." Fingers crossed! Come on!

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:13 pm

sdphill wrote:
99.9luft wrote:was on CR1 for a month, today got changed to FR. Basically never went to CR2 - a sign of a ding, correct?


Not necessarily. I'm a 1L at Gould and I went from CR1 --> Final Review


oh cool - thank you for this. you've just given me hope. :)

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JesusChrist » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:30 am

Applied mid Nove
First read was 2/12
2nd Read 4/2

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby nba101790 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Decision Finalized this morning. How long is the general gap between DF and getting an email, if I do get one?

BigZuck
Posts: 10851
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby BigZuck » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 pm

nba101790 wrote:Decision Finalized this morning. How long is the general gap between DF and getting an email, if I do get one?


Mine was a couple hours I think.

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 99.9luft » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Decision Finalized today, also. If no email today, i will assume it's a ding...?

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby simplycatalina » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:30 pm

good luck to both of you!

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby nba101790 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Thanks!

Not really holding my breath about USC, but since I managed to eek out a wait list at UCLA I suppose its possible, and would vaguely justify a trip out to LA...

User avatar
biznardos
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:13 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby biznardos » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:32 pm

UCLA rejected me outright but USC gave me $$. Go figure

lawschoolsoldier
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby lawschoolsoldier » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm

nba101790 wrote:Thanks!

Not really holding my breath about USC, but since I managed to eek out a wait list at UCLA I suppose its possible, and would vaguely justify a trip out to LA...


well UCLA is a little to get into but I think they admit more splitters than USC so therefore some stats will get you into UCLA that USC will reject you with.

User avatar
tocheer67
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby tocheer67 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm still sitting in FR from last Friday 3/29 :(

User avatar
luxurylawyer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby luxurylawyer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:13 pm

WELL WELL. It appears I have reached committee first read. Isn't that fantastic.

User avatar
boblawlob
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby boblawlob » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:15 pm

luxurylawyer wrote:WELL WELL. It appears I have reached committee first read. Isn't that fantastic.

Same here!

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
unclepete
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby unclepete » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:28 pm

boblawlob wrote:
luxurylawyer wrote:WELL WELL. It appears I have reached committee first read. Isn't that fantastic.

Same here!


Same. Now hurry up and get me my denial




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest