USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:08 am

AlanShore wrote:same 12/12 first committee read


still stuck at 11/5 complete...

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby BigZuck » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Got a large envelope yesterday from USC!



















...it was a printed version of the Rothman invite email.

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby elblufer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:31 pm

BigZuck wrote:Got a large envelope yesterday from USC!

...it was a printed version of the Rothman invite email.


That must have been the most disappointing envelope opening ever.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 20141023 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:57 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby M458 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:36 pm

elblufer wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Got a large envelope yesterday from USC!

...it was a printed version of the Rothman invite email.


That must have been the most disappointing envelope opening ever.


Got that too! What a tease.

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby uconjak » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:21 pm

i got a fee waiver from USC on tuesday, decided to apply, i am a reverse splitter, are theyhaving trouble gtting apps?

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 20141023 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:27 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:53 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:
uconjak wrote:i got a fee waiver from USC on tuesday, decided to apply, i am a reverse splitter, are theyhaving trouble gtting apps?

By the end of last cycle (2011-2012), USC had 434 applicants on LSN. However, as of right now, they only have 173 (40%) on LSN.


Couldn't imagine a better time to apply to law school in regards to chances of admission. Hopefully we'll see USC's "holiday treat" email this week!

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:01 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:
uconjak wrote:i got a fee waiver from USC on tuesday, decided to apply, i am a reverse splitter, are theyhaving trouble gtting apps?

By the end of last cycle (2011-2012), USC had 434 applicants on LSN. However, as of right now, they only have 173 (40%) on LSN.


way too early to look at that, there will be many more.

I suspect USC will have between 4,000 to 4,500 total applicants. It had 5,000 last cycle.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 20141023 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:32 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:
zman wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:
uconjak wrote:i got a fee waiver from USC on tuesday, decided to apply, i am a reverse splitter, are theyhaving trouble gtting apps?

By the end of last cycle (2011-2012), USC had 434 applicants on LSN. However, as of right now, they only have 173 (40%) on LSN.

way too early to look at that, there will be many more.

I suspect USC will have between 4,000 to 4,500 total applicants. It had 5,000 last cycle.

I don't think it is too early to look at LSN.... LSN usually represents about 10% of a schools total applicants and about 20% of their admits. With top schools, more students usually apply earlier in the cycle. We are currently nearing the end of December and USC only has 40% of the total number of applicants on LSN that it had last cycle. Unless the remaining 60% apply after January, USC is going to have a hard time keeping up with last year's pace. (Even LSAC has stated that applicants are down this cycle.)


right but a lot of applicants who have already applied will register on LSN later. there will be a decline of about 15-20%, that's obvious(and it's a good thing, the job market is BAD). I suspect USC will at least double the current people there are on LSN when it is all said and done.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby teiswei » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:12 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:I don't think it is too early to look at LSN.... LSN usually represents about 10% of a schools total applicants and about 20% of their admits. With top schools, more students usually apply earlier in the cycle. We are currently nearing the end of December and USC only has 40% of the total number of applicants on LSN that it had last cycle. Unless the remaining 60% apply after January, USC is going to have a hard time keeping up with last year's pace. (Even LSAC has stated that applicants are down this cycle.)

Check out my spreadsheet... Shows some of this. I can make a comparative one tomorrow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ad5q7hy0rljurvr/USC.xlt

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 99.9luft » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:25 pm

tag (applying in early Jan, hope it's not too late)

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:26 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
AlanShore wrote:same 12/12 first committee read


still stuck at 11/5 complete...


Right there with ya

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:39 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
AlanShore wrote:same 12/12 first committee read


still stuck at 11/5 complete...


Right there with ya


11/12 complete and sitting, don't worry, you're in good company. (Even though I'm a little later than you).

User avatar
CatFacts
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby CatFacts » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:53 pm

11/20 Complete here. Judging from last year's LSN info, I guess I shouldn't expect a decision until late January or early February.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby teiswei » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 pm

A legit looking acceptance on LSN... 3.83/177 and from Mexico City though...

Still may be a sign that decisions are coming.

User avatar
wbrother
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby wbrother » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:07 pm

1st committee 12/5, 2nd 12/17. Is the speed a good thing?

User avatar
wbrother
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby wbrother » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:49 pm

After updating to second committee review today, my contact information was updated. I can't tell what was changed though...

User avatar
Callous135
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Callous135 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:54 pm

wbrother wrote:After updating to second committee review today, my contact information was updated. I can't tell what was changed though...



I was updated with the same exact dates as you. 1st Committee read 12/05 and 2nd Committee read 12/17.

User avatar
wbrother
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby wbrother » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Callous135 wrote:I was updated with the same exact dates as you. 1st Committee read 12/05 and 2nd Committee read 12/17.

What are your numbers?

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby elblufer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 am

wbrother wrote:After updating to second committee review today, my contact information was updated. I can't tell what was changed though...


I haven't had any reviews yet, but my contact info updated...I think it's just standard if you used a permanent and mailing address.

User avatar
ashockofpink
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby ashockofpink » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 pm

M458 wrote:
elblufer wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Got a large envelope yesterday from USC!

...it was a printed version of the Rothman invite email.


That must have been the most disappointing envelope opening ever.


Got that too! What a tease.


Same here. Almost cried.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:34 pm

wbrother wrote:After updating to second committee review today, my contact information was updated. I can't tell what was changed though...

whats the typical timeline for USC? how many committee reads and do they make a decision quickly after the last one? or is it very random?

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby BigZuck » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:42 pm

AlanShore wrote:
wbrother wrote:After updating to second committee review today, my contact information was updated. I can't tell what was changed though...

whats the typical timeline for USC? how many committee reads and do they make a decision quickly after the last one? or is it very random?


I think it's two committee reads, then some other status, then decision is made. Not sure if decisions are all by email or letter or status checker or what. I can't remember. Last year's thread has all the answers to your questions, just start reading around December 15th or so.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hwwong, sre08 and 18 guests