USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:33 pm

mcs268 wrote:I wish I was going abroad or going to Coachella to take my mind off things. When I'm vacation or at a music festival, outside world doesn't matter anymore since I'm just too busy.


The problem is if I get dinged overseas or 4/12 I'm gonna be so bummed I won't be able to enjoy myself.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 06102016 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:35 pm

..

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:38 pm

slack_academic wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Alas that means my decision will likely come when I'm overseas or at Coachella, if its an admit it'll add to the experience if it's a deny ill have a good venue to off myself.

I'm missing USC's admit day for Coachella. Pretty confident I'm making a good decision. If I become a Trojan, I'll have plenty of time to get to know my classmates ;)


Weekend 1? If I get admitted before then I'll be the guy in Trojan's gear head to toe.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 pm

anteater1 wrote:
slack_academic wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Alas that means my decision will likely come when I'm overseas or at Coachella, if its an admit it'll add to the experience if it's a deny ill have a good venue to off myself.

I'm missing USC's admit day for Coachella. Pretty confident I'm making a good decision. If I become a Trojan, I'll have plenty of time to get to know my classmates ;)


Weekend 1? If I get admitted before then I'll be the guy in Trojan's gear head to toe.


Weekend 1 Warriors 8)

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 06102016 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:48 pm

..

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:50 pm

slack_academic wrote:Weekend 2. USC Law Day is 4/19.


Oh perfect. In the off-chance I get accepted I can attend.

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby mcs268 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Like we'll find out by April 19th :lol:

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:24 pm

I have been on committee second read since 1/17/13.

Franciscus
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Franciscus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:32 pm

This has probably been asked a zillion times but does scholarship info come with the Acceptance packet or do they mail it separately?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 pm

mcs268 wrote:Like we'll find out by April 19th :lol:


I can't believe I even typed that.

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Dmini7 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Does anyone have any information on if USC offers a travel stipend for USC law day? Maybe I am blind but I can't find information on it, and I really do not want to email them about it until I know if I have a scholarship or not :oops:

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:11 pm

dproduct wrote:
slack_academic wrote:Weekend 2. USC Law Day is 4/19.


Oh perfect. In the off-chance I get accepted I can attend.


Wurd. Back to back bro weekends?

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Dream Weave wrote:I have been on committee second read since 1/17/13.


I'm hoping next week they bump a bunch to CR2 > Decision within the same week. That's what happened to Goden.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 pm

anteater1 wrote:
dproduct wrote:
slack_academic wrote:Weekend 2. USC Law Day is 4/19.


Oh perfect. In the off-chance I get accepted I can attend.


Wurd. Back to back bro weekends?


8)

User avatar
AKsnow
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby AKsnow » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Dmini7 wrote:Does anyone have any information on if USC offers a travel stipend for USC law day? Maybe I am blind but I can't find information on it, and I really do not want to email them about it until I know if I have a scholarship or not :oops:


I'm really frustrated by this. I contacted them LONG ago about getting one and they said info would go out soon. I heard from someone else that had been admitted weeks ago that they got an e-mail re: travel stipend. They sent me the link and I could apply for one then. They got approved the next day, I've heard nothing and I live about as far away as anyone... I'll look for the link and PM it to you if I can find it. Good luck... :?

lawschoolsoldier
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby lawschoolsoldier » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:48 pm

AKsnow wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:Does anyone have any information on if USC offers a travel stipend for USC law day? Maybe I am blind but I can't find information on it, and I really do not want to email them about it until I know if I have a scholarship or not :oops:


I'm really frustrated by this. I contacted them LONG ago about getting one and they said info would go out soon. I heard from someone else that had been admitted weeks ago that they got an e-mail re: travel stipend. They sent me the link and I could apply for one then. They got approved the next day, I've heard nothing and I live about as far away as anyone... I'll look for the link and PM it to you if I can find it. Good luck... :?


keep calling after this week after spring break. It's crunch time, they will be sweating to complete their class until april 15th.

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Dmini7 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:53 pm

AKsnow wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:Does anyone have any information on if USC offers a travel stipend for USC law day? Maybe I am blind but I can't find information on it, and I really do not want to email them about it until I know if I have a scholarship or not :oops:


I'm really frustrated by this. I contacted them LONG ago about getting one and they said info would go out soon. I heard from someone else that had been admitted weeks ago that they got an e-mail re: travel stipend. They sent me the link and I could apply for one then. They got approved the next day, I've heard nothing and I live about as far away as anyone... I'll look for the link and PM it to you if I can find it. Good luck... :?


Thanks for the info. Have you tried recontacting them recently? I will send an email tonight to see if they give me any information.

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby cookiejar1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 am

Franciscus wrote:This has probably been asked a zillion times but does scholarship info come with the Acceptance packet or do they mail it separately?


E-mail two to three days after acceptance e-mail. Scholarship letter will be on the trojan web applet portal thingy.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby masked kavana » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 am

cookiejar1 wrote:
Franciscus wrote:This has probably been asked a zillion times but does scholarship info come with the Acceptance packet or do they mail it separately?


E-mail two to three days after acceptance e-mail. Scholarship letter will be on the trojan web applet portal thingy.


Where in the portal? Was accepted on the 8th amd have not received an email yet.

lawschoolsoldier
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby lawschoolsoldier » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:29 pm

The dean is on the east coast meeting with admits according to twitter. how many can he convince to go west :mrgreen:

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:47 pm

lawschoolsoldier wrote:The dean is on the east coast meeting with admits according to twitter. how many can he convince to go west :mrgreen:


She

jimmy_dean
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby jimmy_dean » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:30 pm

anybody successfully negotiated scholarships? i sent my email a few days ago (to the "fao" email address) and haven't even had them confirm its receipt.

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm

I would love to go to 'SC, but I'm really concerned about the housing situation. UCLA is perfect for housing because most 1Ls live in Weyburn, but there are far fewer students who live in Terrace at USC. I also don't like that Terrace is off campus and most students prefer to live in non-university owned housing and commute their first year. As someone who has no ties with LA, I feel like UCLA will be better for transitioning and living. Thoughts on this?

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby nba101790 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Your thoughts are pretty much right on.

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:09 pm

nba101790 wrote:Your thoughts are pretty much right on.


If that's the case, then it looks like I'm going to UCLA! Thanks for your input.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, curry1, Daaltaraan, hammy393, jetaew, lawschoolapp1987, LawTweet, longsh0305, mudiverse, sjs12, Smc1994, taxman14, tdc187, trohara14, vho1791 and 40 guests