USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:45 pm

mcs268 wrote:It is next week. Looks like we're good (not like anything is gonna happen anyway lol)


I'll tell them to hook up TLS with some more acceptances or scholly's.

(I'd be happy with just CR2)

User avatar
AKsnow
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby AKsnow » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:03 pm

anteater1 wrote:
mcs268 wrote:It is next week. Looks like we're good (not like anything is gonna happen anyway lol)


I'll tell them to hook up TLS with some more acceptances or scholly's.

(I'd be happy with just CR2)


Good lord they're dragging this on for you....

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:51 am

AKsnow wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
mcs268 wrote:It is next week. Looks like we're good (not like anything is gonna happen anyway lol)


I'll tell them to hook up TLS with some more acceptances or scholly's.

(I'd be happy with just CR2)


Good lord they're dragging this on for you....


I'm guessing 5 months from complete to decision, brutal. I'd wait a year for an acceptance though.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Cobretti » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:52 am

anteater1 wrote:
AKsnow wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
mcs268 wrote:It is next week. Looks like we're good (not like anything is gonna happen anyway lol)


I'll tell them to hook up TLS with some more acceptances or scholly's.

(I'd be happy with just CR2)


Good lord they're dragging this on for you....


I'm guessing 5 months from complete to decision, brutal. I'd wait a year for an acceptance though.

Good luck dude

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:55 am

mrizza wrote:Good luck dude


Appreciate it bro, enjoy NU 8)

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Cobretti » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:05 am

anteater1 wrote:
mrizza wrote:Good luck dude


Appreciate it bro, enjoy NU 8)

just need dat scholly and i'm there 8)

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:22 am

Ant, if it follows suit, you should hit CR2 this week... I think I hit CR1 on a Friday and then you got it the next Monday or Tuesday right?

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:25 am

dproduct wrote:Ant, if it follows suit, you should hit CR2 this week... I think I hit CR1 on a Friday and then you got it the next Monday or Tuesday right?


Tuesday 2/12 yeah, funny enough this Tuesday is the day I have scheduled for a tour. Maybe that will spark some movement.

User avatar
tocheer67
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby tocheer67 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Ant, let us know if for some reason your tour sparks movement. If so, I'll be taking a tour EVERYDAY until the end of the cycle :D

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:23 pm

tocheer67 wrote:Ant, let us know if for some reason your tour sparks movement. If so, I'll be taking a tour EVERYDAY until the end of the cycle :D


:lol:

I may happen to hit CR2 the same day as the tour coincidentally if my timeline follows dprod, however if they shoot me straight to admit i'll make sure to update TLS lol

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:10 pm

there is a little bit activity on LSN but I guess there is another huge wave coming.

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby md22 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm

I have a feeling that I'll hear back this week. I'm frightened.

User avatar
tocheer67
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby tocheer67 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:39 pm

anteater1 wrote:
tocheer67 wrote:Ant, let us know if for some reason your tour sparks movement. If so, I'll be taking a tour EVERYDAY until the end of the cycle :D


:lol:

I may happen to hit CR2 the same day as the tour coincidentally if my timeline follows dprod, however if they shoot me straight to admit i'll make sure to update TLS lol


How long have you been in CR1? I went complete 1/4, CR1 3/11, CR2 3/13. I have no idea how they decide who goes when.

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Big Dog » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:44 pm

ant:

followup that tour with an immediate LOCL (the L stands for love) of the Trojan Family.

Good luck.

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:00 am

tocheer67 wrote:
How long have you been in CR1? I went complete 1/4, CR1 3/11, CR2 3/13. I have no idea how they decide who goes when.


Complete 11/14, CR1 2/12

Big Dog wrote:ant:

followup that tour with an immediate LOCL (the L stands for love) of the Trojan Family.

Good luck.


I was thinking that, but to whom?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 am

anteater1 wrote:
tocheer67 wrote:
How long have you been in CR1? I went complete 1/4, CR1 3/11, CR2 3/13. I have no idea how they decide who goes when.


Complete 11/14, CR1 2/12

Big Dog wrote:ant:

followup that tour with an immediate LOCL (the L stands for love) of the Trojan Family.

Good luck.


I was thinking that, but to whom?


I wonder if any psychopaths have asked the tour guide to write a letter of rec or something for them... I used to give tours in UG and I had parents often ask if I could put in a good for word for their kid...

Try that Ant.

User avatar
bettercallsaul91
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 am

Right there with you anteater1. Submitted Nov 3, complete Nov 5. CR 1 since Jan 29th.

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby mcs268 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:26 am

Have the same exact movement as you, tocheer. Hopefully this is good news for the both of us!

User avatar
raekaya
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby raekaya » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Did anyone else receive a disappointing scholarship decision letter? I can see negotiating from no scholarship decision, but will I look like a jerk trying to negotiate from their preemptive "you aren't getting offered anything" letter?

BruCam
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby BruCam » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:01 pm

raekaya wrote:Did anyone else receive a disappointing scholarship decision letter? I can see negotiating from no scholarship decision, but will I look like a jerk trying to negotiate from their preemptive "you aren't getting offered anything" letter?




When was ur decision? Email or snail?

User avatar
raekaya
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby raekaya » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:15 pm

BruCam wrote:
raekaya wrote:Did anyone else receive a disappointing scholarship decision letter? I can see negotiating from no scholarship decision, but will I look like a jerk trying to negotiate from their preemptive "you aren't getting offered anything" letter?




When was ur decision? Email or snail?


Valentine's Day. It was announced by e-mail that I received a decision, but I had to log into the portal to read the pdf of the letter...which made it extra disappointing. I guess no news would have been good news. Also, I have $ from UCLA, Texas, and Vandy. Any advice?

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 pm

tocheer67 wrote:How long have you been in CR1? I went complete 1/4, CR1 3/11, CR2 3/13. I have no idea how they decide who goes when.


mcs268 wrote:Have the same exact movement as you, tocheer. Hopefully this is good news for the both of us!


stats?

jimmy_dean
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby jimmy_dean » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:58 pm

just sent a "please make my decision easier by giving me more scholarship money" email. i wonder when i'll hear back.

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby mcs268 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:08 pm

I have 3.56/166. I believe i saw tocheer had 3.2/167. I don't think the fact we're going at the same time means much though, since tocheer has actually hit a median (unlike me).

lambert8
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby lambert8 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:23 pm

anyone whose status changed to "Decision Finalized" but got no email shortly after receive a decision via snail mail yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, JazzyMac, Kaziende and 16 guests