USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gaucho13
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby gaucho13 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Allie wrote:


The UCSB Gauchos approve :)


Now only if they would let another Gaucho in!

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby teiswei » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:31 pm

J_stack wrote:uh so, this is my first time posting in this thread. After hearing nothing from USC the entire cycle, I just got an acceptance along with 120k this afternoon... is that a rothman?

Nope. Rothman is by invite and you have to go through interviews and such. It's a full ride though.

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 pm

J_stack wrote:uh so, this is my first time posting in this thread. After hearing nothing from USC the entire cycle, I just got an acceptance along with 120k this afternoon... is that a rothman?

edit for stats: committee first read 1/22, second read 2/18. current undergrad at USC, median LSAT, above median GPA, non-URM


No.

Rothman is full tution(150-160k) and plus a guaranteed SA at Skadden (another 20-30K).

User avatar
J_stack
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:27 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby J_stack » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:34 pm

teiswei wrote:
J_stack wrote:uh so, this is my first time posting in this thread. After hearing nothing from USC the entire cycle, I just got an acceptance along with 120k this afternoon... is that a rothman?

Nope. Rothman is by invite and you have to go through interviews and such. It's a full ride though.


Ah, just looked it up, duh. Thanks.

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby cookiejar1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:34 pm

.
Last edited by cookiejar1 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby teiswei » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:36 pm

J_stack wrote:
teiswei wrote:
J_stack wrote:uh so, this is my first time posting in this thread. After hearing nothing from USC the entire cycle, I just got an acceptance along with 120k this afternoon... is that a rothman?

Nope. Rothman is by invite and you have to go through interviews and such. It's a full ride though.


Ah, just looked it up, duh. Thanks.

Grats on the 120k though, that's a killer deal for a great school.

User avatar
sean21
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:45 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby sean21 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:16 pm

So are we assuming that the four people are non-TLSers and they are not going to send "sorry you didn't make the cut" e-mails?

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 pm

sean21 wrote:So are we assuming that the four people are non-TLSers and they are not going to send "sorry you didn't make the cut" e-mails?



Can someone anonymously call tomorrow and find out? I'm surprised not even one TLSer got it.

If any guest is out here reading this and got a rothman invite, please make an account and tell us to put us out of our collective misery!

User avatar
bellbane12
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:13 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby bellbane12 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Are there any grocery stores within walking distance of campus, without going through sketchy areas?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby helix23 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:09 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
sean21 wrote:So are we assuming that the four people are non-TLSers and they are not going to send "sorry you didn't make the cut" e-mails?



Can someone anonymously call tomorrow and find out? I'm surprised not even one TLSer got it.

If any guest is out here reading this and got a rothman invite, please make an account and tell us to put us out of our collective misery!


If there is no communication today/this weekend, I will get in contact with them on Monday.

amonthofsundays
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby amonthofsundays » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:10 pm

bellbane12 wrote:Are there any grocery stores within walking distance of campus, without going through sketchy areas?

If you live in the USC law housing there is a Ralph's right up the street.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby twinkletoes16 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:11 pm

helix23 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
sean21 wrote:So are we assuming that the four people are non-TLSers and they are not going to send "sorry you didn't make the cut" e-mails?



Can someone anonymously call tomorrow and find out? I'm surprised not even one TLSer got it.

If any guest is out here reading this and got a rothman invite, please make an account and tell us to put us out of our collective misery!


If there is no communication today/this weekend, I will get in contact with them on Monday.



thanks. i know last year a TLSer was a finalist (and then actually got the Rothman and turned it down). I'm just nosy and want to know what's going on.


ETA: w/r/t grocery stores is there a Trader Joe's nearby? and if so how close? THIS IS IMPORTANT.

User avatar
bellbane12
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:13 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby bellbane12 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:16 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:
bellbane12 wrote:Are there any grocery stores within walking distance of campus, without going through sketchy areas?

If you live in the USC law housing there is a Ralph's right up the street.


Thanks. So I'm thinking about living in USC housing and not taking a car, for the 1L year at least. Bad idea? Ok idea?
(I'm old enough to rent a car if I need to gtfo of the area)

amonthofsundays
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby amonthofsundays » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:17 pm

There really isn't a Trader Joe's nearby. Certainly not within walking/biking distance. They keep talking about putting one in one of the many new mixed use apartment buildings that seem to open up every year but so far it hasn't happened. The one in Culver City is probably your best bet.

User avatar
radar714
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby radar714 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:19 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
helix23 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
sean21 wrote:So are we assuming that the four people are non-TLSers and they are not going to send "sorry you didn't make the cut" e-mails?



Can someone anonymously call tomorrow and find out? I'm surprised not even one TLSer got it.

If any guest is out here reading this and got a rothman invite, please make an account and tell us to put us out of our collective misery!


If there is no communication today/this weekend, I will get in contact with them on Monday.



thanks. i know last year a TLSer was a finalist (and then actually got the Rothman and turned it down). I'm just nosy and want to know what's going on.


ETA: w/r/t grocery stores is there a Trader Joe's nearby? and if so how close? THIS IS IMPORTANT.


there is not one nearby, closest is in culver city. they are building a new shopping mall (ala "The Grove" in LA) that will have a trader joe's in it, but I doubt they finish it before 2018

edit: I went to USC UG

amonthofsundays
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby amonthofsundays » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:20 pm

bellbane12 wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:
bellbane12 wrote:Are there any grocery stores within walking distance of campus, without going through sketchy areas?

If you live in the USC law housing there is a Ralph's right up the street.


Thanks. So I'm thinking about living in USC housing and not taking a car, for the 1L year at least. Bad idea? Ok idea?
(I'm old enough to rent a car if I need to gtfo of the area)

It is certainly doable but I can guarantee that there will be quite a few times where you will say to yourself "I really wish I could just hop in my car". But maybe I am just a lazy drive down the block to the store So-Cal native.

User avatar
bellbane12
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:13 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby bellbane12 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:24 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:
bellbane12 wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:
bellbane12 wrote:Are there any grocery stores within walking distance of campus, without going through sketchy areas?

If you live in the USC law housing there is a Ralph's right up the street.


Thanks. So I'm thinking about living in USC housing and not taking a car, for the 1L year at least. Bad idea? Ok idea?
(I'm old enough to rent a car if I need to gtfo of the area)

It is certainly doable but I can guarantee that there will be quite a few times where you will say to yourself "I really wish I could just hop in my car". But maybe I am just a lazy drive down the block to the store So-Cal native.


I'm used to walking. I'll probably get stares though from the sound of it.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 06102016 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:27 pm

..

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby teiswei » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:34 pm

slack_academic wrote:I wouldn't live in L.A. without a car.

What about couples with one vehicle?

User avatar
J_stack
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:27 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby J_stack » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 pm

teiswei wrote:
slack_academic wrote:I wouldn't live in L.A. without a car.

What about couples with one vehicle?


I would say that's doable.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 06102016 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:00 pm

..

maxiguess
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby maxiguess » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:36 pm

We'll probably sell one of our cars if I go to USC.

User avatar
goden
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby goden » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:33 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
sean21 wrote:So are we assuming that the four people are non-TLSers and they are not going to send "sorry you didn't make the cut" e-mails?



Can someone anonymously call tomorrow and find out? I'm surprised not even one TLSer got it.

If any guest is out here reading this and got a rothman invite, please make an account and tell us to put us out of our collective misery!

FYI somebody just necro'd this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49631&start=25#p6494699

So it does look like they have started to make calls.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby twinkletoes16 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:46 pm

goden wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
sean21 wrote:So are we assuming that the four people are non-TLSers and they are not going to send "sorry you didn't make the cut" e-mails?



Can someone anonymously call tomorrow and find out? I'm surprised not even one TLSer got it.

If any guest is out here reading this and got a rothman invite, please make an account and tell us to put us out of our collective misery!

FYI somebody just necro'd this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49631&start=25#p6494699

So it does look like they have started to make calls.


four finalists. one confirmed. OH SHI-

but really how long does it take to make calls? like 2 minutes. game over. :cry:

jimmy_dean
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby jimmy_dean » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:02 pm

maxiguess wrote:We'll probably sell one of our cars if I go to USC.


same. anyone have a guess as to what % of usc law students are married? is the usc-owned married/family housing as ghetto as it looks?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, bigv, brinicolec, Google Adsense [Bot], hammy393, jhatche2, Leahmealone, Lmorina126, NotAGolfer, yuppitsme and 16 guests