USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mambar
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby mambar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:58 am

BigZuck wrote:
mambar wrote:
jimmy_dean wrote:how long would the commute from santa monica be, 30-45 mins w/traffic? what about cost of living for a ~1 bedroom?

With traffic, I'd say you're close, but I'd lean toward 45 minutes in the morning. The evening traffic is typically worse going back that way, but you can just wait that out by studying in the library or something. You can take side streets if the 10 is really backed up and get the same results. I've never lived in Santa Monica, but friends who do seem to pay around $1200 for decent places.


$1200 for a one bedroom? Not a studio? In Santa Monica? Really???

notsureifserious.jpg

Sorry -- they are studios. My bad ;;

User avatar
bellbane12
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:13 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby bellbane12 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:04 pm

BigZuck wrote:
bellbane12 wrote:FML for being a borderline applicant. Seriously. Fuck this shit.


Retake?


Nah I'll go to Davis.

BigZuck
Posts: 10870
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby BigZuck » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:08 pm

bellbane12 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
bellbane12 wrote:FML for being a borderline applicant. Seriously. Fuck this shit.


Retake?


Nah I'll go to Davis.


In that case definitely retake.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Still no rejections or WL reported on LSN.
I wonder how many registered users got decision finalized Monday night.
I'm also wondering why first class mail is so slow

User avatar
bellbane12
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:13 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby bellbane12 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:34 pm

BigZuck wrote:
bellbane12 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
bellbane12 wrote:FML for being a borderline applicant. Seriously. Fuck this shit.


Retake?


Nah I'll go to Davis.


In that case definitely retake.


Nah nah. My GPA's the problem, LSAT score is fine. I don't think there's much room for improvement for me anyway.

User avatar
bellbane12
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:13 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby bellbane12 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:35 pm

JayJones78 wrote:Still no rejections or WL reported on LSN.
I wonder how many registered users got decision finalized Monday night.
I'm also wondering why first class mail is so slow


Your situation sounds really frustrating. Hope it all gets resolved soon, whether you get in or not.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:21 pm

bellbane12 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Still no rejections or WL reported on LSN.
I wonder how many registered users got decision finalized Monday night.
I'm also wondering why first class mail is so slow


Your situation sounds really frustrating. Hope it all gets resolved soon, whether you get in or not.


Thanks. Hopefully the mystery (well its not really a mystery..) will be solved today

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:12 pm

perhaps someone should start an unofficial Facebook page :mrgreen:

others have.

User avatar
andres
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby andres » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:02 pm

nilzzz90 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:Congrats to all the recent admits. Looks like USC is really making it rain this cycle.


I assume that's until me and the rest who had their decision made Monday night will receive our rejection/WL in the mail today :|


NOPE! The mailman came and still no rejection letter from SC...I should just drive over there and pick it up hahaha


Anything today?

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:14 pm

andres wrote:
nilzzz90 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:Congrats to all the recent admits. Looks like USC is really making it rain this cycle.


I assume that's until me and the rest who had their decision made Monday night will receive our rejection/WL in the mail today :|


NOPE! The mailman came and still no rejection letter from SC...I should just drive over there and pick it up hahaha


Anything today?


If I get nothing in the mail today I'll be very very annoyed

EDIT: NOTHING IN THE MAIL. I am now very annoyed.

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby xjustyoursmile » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Rejection in the mail :|. I guess GULC it is for me unless Stanford pulls a miracle for me (unlikely)

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Dmini7 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:56 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:Rejection in the mail :|. I guess GULC it is for me unless Stanford pulls a miracle for me (unlikely)


Your rejection scares me.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:Rejection in the mail :|. I guess GULC it is for me unless Stanford pulls a miracle for me (unlikely)


Your rejection scares me.

volp
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby volp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:08 pm

AKsnow wrote:Got one too! $120K over 3 years!! Wooohoooooooo


Me too!

Jonathk1
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Jonathk1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:09 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:Rejection in the mail :|. I guess GULC it is for me unless Stanford pulls a miracle for me (unlikely)


Dang. I guess USC has started the rejections..

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby xjustyoursmile » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:10 pm

dproduct wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:Rejection in the mail :|. I guess GULC it is for me unless Stanford pulls a miracle for me (unlikely)


Your rejection scares me.


I wish you guys luck and hopefully my rejection was a weird one. Kinda scares me too considering I want to end up back in California after law school and it looks like I'm out of luck in terms of Cali schools unless UCLA pulls me in from wait list (although I'm specifically going for NorCal). Hopefully GULC can place me nicely back in CA.

Jonathk1
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Jonathk1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:13 pm

You coming back to CA through GULC depends on your career goals. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Last edited by Jonathk1 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Callous135
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Callous135 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:14 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:
dproduct wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:Rejection in the mail :|. I guess GULC it is for me unless Stanford pulls a miracle for me (unlikely)


Your rejection scares me.


I wish you guys luck and hopefully my rejection was a weird one. Kinda scares me too considering I want to end up back in California after law school and it looks like I'm out of luck in terms of Cali schools unless UCLA pulls me in from wait list (although I'm specifically going for NorCal). Hopefully GULC can place me nicely back in CA.


Can I ask when did you apply? And did your status checker ever change to final committee or decision finalized?

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:15 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:Rejection in the mail :|. I guess GULC it is for me unless Stanford pulls a miracle for me (unlikely)


I cannot believe they rejected you.
It's all so bizarre.

Goodluck!!

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby xjustyoursmile » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Jonathk1 wrote:
You coming back to CA through GULC depends on your career goals. I'm sure you'll be fine.


Thanks for your reassurance. (:

Callous135 wrote:
Can I ask when did you apply? And did your status checker ever change to final committee or decision finalized?


I applied early November once I got Oct LSAT results back. My status checker went from Committee 1 to Committee 2 then to final committee and finally to decision finalized. I guess I was on the fence for them, maybe?

User avatar
xjustyoursmile
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby xjustyoursmile » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:18 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:Rejection in the mail :|. I guess GULC it is for me unless Stanford pulls a miracle for me (unlikely)


I cannot believe they rejected you.
It's all so bizarre.

Goodluck!!


Thanks man, good luck to you too!

User avatar
Callous135
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Callous135 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:26 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:Rejection in the mail :|. I guess GULC it is for me unless Stanford pulls a miracle for me (unlikely)


I cannot believe they rejected you.
It's all so bizarre.

Goodluck!!


Thanks man, good luck to you too!


Sorry about that. I applied early Nov too and I have a little higher GPA than you but extremely low LSAT. Good luck with your future legal career/education.

gaucho13
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby gaucho13 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:52 pm

still complete since 11/29....should I be worried? 3.36/167 econ major (at my school all econ GPAs are curved down for a C average and some have to fail)

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby zman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:57 pm

gaucho13 wrote:still complete since 11/29....should I be worried? 3.36/167 econ major (at my school all econ GPAs are curved down for a C average and some have to fail)


probably a waitlist. I suspect they know about grading curves at various schools.

User avatar
Pierrot
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Pierrot » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:54 pm

I've been on 1st committee read since 1/25 and now that the rejections have started I'm so worried! :( IDK if my high GPA will offset my LSAT. USC is one of my top choices right now.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joezze, pilfin and 15 guests