USC c/o 2016 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
anteater1

Silver

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by anteater1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 pm

So on average it's between 3-4 weeks from CR1 > CR2 based on the small sample size of this thread....

With my CR1 date of 2/12 I should be hearing back pretty soon (not going to even bother getting my hopes up though)

Ramius

Gold

Post by Ramius » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:18 pm

anteater1 wrote:So on average it's between 3-4 weeks from CR1 > CR2 based on the small sample size of this thread....

With my CR1 date of 2/12 I should be hearing back pretty soon (not going to even bother getting my hopes up though)
MAYBE that's the average, but if it is, my numbers are bringing down someone who found out very, very quickly.

anteater1

Silver

Post by anteater1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 pm

matthewsean85 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:So on average it's between 3-4 weeks from CR1 > CR2 based on the small sample size of this thread....

MAYBE that's the average, but if it is, my numbers are bringing down someone who found out very, very quickly.
purely anecdotal, and I'm not sure I understand your meaning

Ramius

Gold

Post by Ramius » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:33 pm

anteater1 wrote:
matthewsean85 wrote:

purely anecdotal, and I'm not sure I understand your meaning
It is entirely anecdotal, I was mostly just complaining. I've been CR1 since 1/14, after going complete mid-November and have seen no movement since then. And numbers are fairly competitive.

USC is one of the last two schools I am waiting for a decision from, and considering my original applications were submitted beginning of October (took me awhile to get Dean's Certification for a minor conduct offense, hence the complete mid-November), I'm just tired of waiting.

acs507

Bronze

Post by acs507 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:35 pm

I feel like there's just no way to guesstimate with USC. I've been on CR2 since 2/14 but others here back within a week of being on CR2...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

VeeD101

Bronze

Post by VeeD101 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:05 pm

acs507 wrote:

I feel like there's just no way to guesstimate with USC. I've been on CR2 since 2/14 but others here back within a week of being on CR2...
I've been on CR2 since 1/25 so I feel your pain. USC is the only school I applied to for which lsn predicted an 'admit' decision, so I'm really confused about what is going on.

FringeFan

New

Post by FringeFan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Is it true that you can email the admissions office and ask to receive a decision by the end of March at the cost of waiving the chance to be WL'd?

kaydee

New

Post by kaydee » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:29 pm

I've been "Complete" since 1/27... Does the lack or CR translate to automatic rejection? Stop leading me on, USC!

Charlie.Home

Bronze

Post by Charlie.Home » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:36 pm

kaydee wrote:I've been "Complete" since 1/27... Does the lack or CR translate to automatic rejection? Stop leading me on, USC!
yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kaydee

New

Post by kaydee » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Charlie.Home wrote:
kaydee wrote:I've been "Complete" since 1/27... Does the lack or CR translate to automatic rejection? Stop leading me on, USC!
yes.
Why haven't I received a rejection yet then?

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:45 pm

kaydee wrote:
Charlie.Home wrote:
yes.
I don't think it's or sure you are rejected. they could waitlist you depending on your stats and other things.

Homelandsagreatshow

Bronze

Post by Homelandsagreatshow » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Complete sinceee 1/11

xiaojimu

Bronze

Post by xiaojimu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 pm

FringeFan wrote:Is it true that you can email the admissions office and ask to receive a decision by the end of March at the cost of waiving the chance to be WL'd?
yes, according to my sources.
but you should always check with the office.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

amonthofsundays

Bronze

Post by amonthofsundays » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Officially got the Rothman ding.

pannekoeken

New

Post by pannekoeken » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:05 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:Officially got the Rothman ding.
+1.

It says they had 140 applicants... that is a LOT considering the fact that their class size usually hovers around 180, no?

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 pm

pannekoeken wrote:
+1.

It says they had 140 applicants... that is a LOT considering the fact that their class size usually hovers around 180, no?
where does it say they had 140 applicants?

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 pm

pannekoeken wrote:
+1.

I'd say only 20% of those applicants will end up at USC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:09 pm

boblawlob wrote:
pannekoeken wrote:
+1.

less than 20%. rothman candidates are accepted by top 10 schools. most of them.

pannekoeken

New

Post by pannekoeken » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:34 pm

zman wrote:
boblawlob wrote:
pannekoeken wrote:
+1.

less than 20%. rothman candidates are accepted by top 10 schools. most of them.
Oh, no doubt. But I still think that is a lot of applicants for one measly spot, especially considering the fact that USC is a small school.

thatgumyoulike

New

Post by thatgumyoulike » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:46 pm

zman wrote:
kaydee wrote:
Charlie.Home wrote:
yes.
I don't think it's or sure you are rejected. they could waitlist you depending on your stats and other things.
Could someone elaborate on exactly what is being suggested here? I've been complete since 1/14 and nothing since. Is this suggesting I'm going to get dinged or waitlisted?
Last edited by thatgumyoulike on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megagnarley

Bronze

Post by megagnarley » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 pm

For what it's worth, thought I'd share a bit of insight into my dealings with USC Law thus far.

Even being a USC undergrad alum, I didn't think I could ever see myself spending another three years there for law school, due in no small part to my desire for a change in scenery and my desire to go T-14.

Having gone to two events over the past few days, however, one for admitted students and one for admitted Trojans, I've simply been blown away by the hospitality and accessibility of current students, alumni, and faculty alike. Be it the charming dean of admissions, the dedicated alumni (managing partners at firms none the less) giving their personal contact info out to prospective students, or the dean of the school himself hosting an event at his home and writing a personal follow up email touching on a previous conversation, there is every indication that the intimate atmosphere so boasted about by USC law, is in fact, a reality.

Granted, I am not oblivious to the fact that they are trying to sell the school as well, but even the manner in which they do that is so sincere and personalized compared to their cross town rivals.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm no USC booster, and there is still a good chance that I'll end up elsewhere come this fall. But I do think the type of effort and sincerity I've witnessed thus far should be of interest to other prospectives who don't live in LA and haven't had the opportunity of attending first hand.

That is all.

ETA: completely outing myself with this email, but hey, I have nothing to hide.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Was this via email or snail mail?

uconjak

Bronze

Post by uconjak » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:08 pm

megagnarley wrote:For what it's worth, thought I'd share a bit of insight into my dealings with USC Law thus far.

Even being a USC undergrad alum, I didn't think I could ever see myself spending another three years there for law school, due in no small part to my desire for a change in scenery and my desire to go T-14.

Having gone to two events over the past few days, however, one for admitted students and one for admitted Trojans, I've simply been blown away by the hospitality and accessibility of current students, alumni, and faculty alike. Be it the charming dean of admissions, the dedicated alumni (managing partners at firms none the less) giving their personal contact info out to prospective students, or the dean of the school himself hosting an event at his home and writing a personal follow up email touching on a previous conversation, there is every indication that the intimate atmosphere so boasted about by USC law, is in fact, a reality.

Granted, I am not oblivious to the fact that they are trying to sell the school as well, but even the manner in which they do that is so sincere and personalized compared to their cross town rivals.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm no USC booster, and there is still a good chance that I'll end up elsewhere come this fall. But I do think the type of effort and sincerity I've witnessed thus far should be of interest to other prospectives who don't live in LA and haven't had the opportunity of attending first hand.

That is all.

I felt the same way, the folks at USC went out of their way to be friendly. Even the students came up to me and asked me if i was interested in usc law and talked to me about it.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:25 pm

megagnarley wrote:For what it's worth, thought I'd share a bit of insight into my dealings with USC Law thus far.

That is all.

Just curious- how many of those types of get togethers have you gone to for other schools?

megagnarley

Bronze

Post by megagnarley » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 pm

BigZuck wrote:

That is all.

Just curious- how many of those types of get togethers have you gone to for other schools?
0. Because none of the other Deans have invited me to their house. Thanks for making my point for me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”