UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
EG12
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby EG12 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:28 pm

GunnySmurf wrote:Applied 2/21


went NDR today (4/2).... The epic drowning of frustration in immense amounts of porn and booze has begun....FML


Keep the faith! Some have been NDR since November, now that I can imagine is rough! We should hear something within the next two weeks.

Gator_Bait
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Gator_Bait » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:27 pm

gameface wrote:
This is freakin hilarious...is the fedora guy real? HAHAHA


Yes. Last Friday some super-douche looking guy who was sitting in on our Civil Procedure class decided to answer one of the professor's questions. He was completely wrong but maintained his smug shitty grin like he crushed it afterwards.

Easiest way to make 100 people instantly hate you. I hope he goes to FSU.

User avatar
GunnySmurf
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GunnySmurf » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:54 pm

EG12 wrote:
GunnySmurf wrote:Applied 2/21


went NDR today (4/2).... The epic drowning of frustration in immense amounts of porn and booze has begun....FML


Keep the faith! Some have been NDR since November, now that I can imagine is rough! We should hear something within the next two weeks.



Good god man! How have they(you included?) not been on suicide watch??

User avatar
GunnySmurf
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GunnySmurf » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Probably done, but I was too lazy to weed through the past 38 pages of the thread. No flamage please.

ASO Key Terms

Application Received, Processing File: Your application was received and Admissions is currently processing and verifying documents.

Application Missing Required Documents: These files are missing required items. This status will change once all of the required items are received and processed.

All Required Documents Received: All required documents have been received and the application will soon move to the Admissions Committee for review.

Under Initial Review by Committee
: The file is complete and the Admissions Committee is currently evaluating the file.

File Reviewed, No Decision Reached: This is not a wait list decision. The Committee has reviewed the file, however, a decision has not yet been made on the file. The file will continue to be evaluated as other applications are received. Applicants who have updates to their files such as transcripts and LSAT scores will be re-evaluated by the Admissions Committee based on the new information. Final decisions will be made no later than the end of April, but it is possible that some candidates may hear earlier.

Final Decision Reached, Notice Issued: The Committee has reached a final decision on your application and a decision notice was issued. Usually the decision notice will be received by the applicant within 3-10 days.

Last edited by GunnySmurf on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChadMichael
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ChadMichael » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:05 pm

GunnySmurf wrote:
EG12 wrote:
GunnySmurf wrote:Applied 2/21


went NDR today (4/2).... The epic drowning of frustration in immense amounts of porn and booze has begun....FML


Keep the faith! Some have been NDR since November, now that I can imagine is rough! We should hear something within the next two weeks.



Good god man! How have they(you included?) not been on suicide watch??


Well, I'm withdrawing my offer tomorrow morning so I hope one of you guys who have been waiting patiently can take my seat in the class!

User avatar
GunnySmurf
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GunnySmurf » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:08 pm

ChadMichael wrote:Well, I'm withdrawing my offer tomorrow morning so I hope one of you guys who have been waiting patiently can take my seat in the class!


Accepting an offer elsewhere?

ChadMichael
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ChadMichael » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:19 pm

GunnySmurf wrote:
ChadMichael wrote:Well, I'm withdrawing my offer tomorrow morning so I hope one of you guys who have been waiting patiently can take my seat in the class!


Accepting an offer elsewhere?


Putting a deposit down but waiting on another offer, Baylor offered me a nice scholarship and I'm out of state for Florida so it's a financial decision.

User avatar
GunnySmurf
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GunnySmurf » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:54 pm

ChadMichael wrote:
GunnySmurf wrote:
ChadMichael wrote:Well, I'm withdrawing my offer tomorrow morning so I hope one of you guys who have been waiting patiently can take my seat in the class!



Accepting an offer elsewhere?


Putting a deposit down but waiting on another offer, Baylor offered me a nice scholarship and I'm out of state for Florida so it's a financial decision.


Wish you the best of luck! Baylor is def. not a bad choice, financial reasons or not.

ChadMichael
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ChadMichael » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:00 pm

GunnySmurf wrote:
ChadMichael wrote:
GunnySmurf wrote:
ChadMichael wrote:Well, I'm withdrawing my offer tomorrow morning so I hope one of you guys who have been waiting patiently can take my seat in the class!



Accepting an offer elsewhere?


Putting a deposit down but waiting on another offer, Baylor offered me a nice scholarship and I'm out of state for Florida so it's a financial decision.


Wish you the best of luck! Baylor is def. not a bad choice, financial reasons or not.


Wish you all the same! Levin was a hard choice to pass up, great law school and great lifestyle in Gainesville. I'm still waiting on SMU because I think they'd match Baylor's offer, but if not 3 years of "the Marine Corps of law schools" it is =P

User avatar
Moose Thompson
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Moose Thompson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 am

Gator_Bait wrote:Yes. Last Friday some super-douche looking guy who was sitting in on our Civil Procedure class decided to answer one of the professor's questions. He was completely wrong but maintained his smug shitty grin like he crushed it afterwards.

Easiest way to make 100 people instantly hate you. I hope he goes to FSU.


I heard Mashburn directed the question at him, but he voluntarily answered a question? I feel that I've been bamboozled. What a complete tool.

EG12
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby EG12 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:10 am

Moose Thompson wrote:
Gator_Bait wrote:Yes. Last Friday some super-douche looking guy who was sitting in on our Civil Procedure class decided to answer one of the professor's questions. He was completely wrong but maintained his smug shitty grin like he crushed it afterwards.

Easiest way to make 100 people instantly hate you. I hope he goes to FSU.


I heard Mashburn directed the question at him, but he voluntarily answered a question? I feel that I've been bamboozled. What a complete tool.


If I get in and wear my fedora next year, I will make a T Shirt saying I'm not the guy from Civ Pro just to be safe I guess haha.

Florida2013
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Florida2013 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:59 am

gator32 wrote:Hi all, just wanted to post that I am looking for a roommate for next year as an incoming 1L. Preferably looking for a 2/2 but willing to go bigger as well. I am flexible in terms of price and location as well. A quick look online made it seem that as a 2/2 you can live in a nicer facility for a reasonable price. Shoot me a PM if you are interested! I'll also be at ASD too so looking forward to meeting fellow TLSers if anyone is planning a meetup.


Are you a girl or a guy? Also, where have you been looking at?

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Jacket or no jacket for ASD?

UF2015
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby UF2015 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Moose Thompson wrote:
I heard Mashburn directed the question at him, but he voluntarily answered a question? I feel that I've been bamboozled. What a complete tool.


It was unprompted. Gunning on the tour in April of 0L year? That must be some sort of record. I hope he comes to Levin -- endless entertainment for ILSP ambassadors.

EG12 wrote:
If I get in and wear my fedora next year, I will make a T Shirt saying I'm not the guy from Civ Pro just to be safe I guess haha.


People feel very strongly about fedoras.

Gator_Bait
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Gator_Bait » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:03 pm

slawww wrote:Jacket or no jacket for ASD?


Please don't be that guy.

MAYBE business casual. I wore a polo and jeans.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Gator_Bait wrote:
slawww wrote:Jacket or no jacket for ASD?


Please don't be that guy.

MAYBE business casual. I wore a polo and jeans.


Lol. The invite says business casual. To me business casual is a suit without a tie, but based off of my last ASD experience at another school, most people don't agree.

Legaleagle1
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:59 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Legaleagle1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:26 pm

How did y'all determine that admissions makes decisions on Mon, Tues, Fri? I check probably 10xs a day. I don't know how much longer I can take.

EG12
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby EG12 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:02 am

Legaleagle1 wrote:How did y'all determine that admissions makes decisions on Mon, Tues, Fri? I check probably 10xs a day. I don't know how much longer I can take.


From what I gather the committee meets Mondays. Status updates usually occur Monday or Tuesday. I've also gathered that it does not hurt to check late on Friday and Saturday as if you get an update in status, even if your status does not change, an upcoming change is near.

These are simply trends I see from others, nothing in stone.

EG

Gotallanswers
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Gotallanswers » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 am

Mine changed the Friday late afternoon before getting an acceptance it just updated the NDR date and then it changed to FDR at like 3ish on Monday. And then I was able to do a seat deposit at like 10:30ish on Wednesday.

UF2015
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby UF2015 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 am

Gator_Bait wrote:
Please don't be that guy.


TCR.

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:00 am

slawww wrote:
Gator_Bait wrote:
slawww wrote:Jacket or no jacket for ASD?


Please don't be that guy.

MAYBE business casual. I wore a polo and jeans.


Lol. The invite says business casual. To me business casual is a suit without a tie, but based off of my last ASD experience at another school, most people don't agree.


Especially at UF. If I recall correctly, some girls showed up in sandals and sundresses, so just wear a polo and khakis

JBCIV
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JBCIV » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:02 am

Gotallanswers wrote:Mine changed the Friday late afternoon before getting an acceptance it just updated the NDR date and then it changed to FDR at like 3ish on Monday. And then I was able to do a seat deposit at like 10:30ish on Wednesday.



I'm hoping for same change cycle then. Just had my NDR status Date update from November to 4/4/2013...here's to Monday afternoon maybe

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:34 am

Another date change, but still NDR. It appears my alma mater doesn't want me.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:39 am

You can wear chubbies and sandals at ASD and no one would care.

I hope the food is good.

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby hoogs23 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:14 pm

About to withdraw seat/money. Hope it goes to one of you




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], carlos_danger, chili_davis, danid83, Dodocogon, fattsdomino, hamburg, hangold, lawdude31, lillawyer2, nerdylsat, proteinshake, Smallville, Thelaw23, TudoBem and 38 guests