UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
EG12
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby EG12 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Also you must remember that law school is much more about the connection you have going in and the ones you make while you are there. I have a job waiting on me no matter what school I attend, so it would reflect far less on my schools quality than simply who I know. This is the case with the majority of the job's I'd say. All my friends that got jobs in law school were because someone saw them at a competition or met them during an internship. That being said, UF has an alumni network that is only beat by Stetson. UF was making lawyers more than 50 years before FSU opened it's law school doors.

On a side note, no news today for me. Here's to tomorrow or next Monday!

EG12
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby EG12 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:53 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:WOW I just realized they don't have the typical April 15 deadline. This is agonizing.


Called admissions today. They should, keyword being should, have "most all" decisions made by mid April. Hope this helps, that means hopefully in the next two weeks all the rest of us should something.

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:59 pm

EG12 wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:WOW I just realized they don't have the typical April 15 deadline. This is agonizing.


Called admissions today. They should, keyword being should, have "most all" decisions made by mid April. Hope this helps, that means hopefully in the next two weeks all the rest of us should something.


Thanks! I was about to call so you saved me the awkwardness! I guess this is somewhat reassuring though I'd appreciate a decision before "mid-April" considering the typical April 15 deposit deadlines! I wish UF wanted me back as much as I want to go back haha

lambert8
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lambert8 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:43 pm

just got in today...anyone know about whether or not they tell you scholly info with the acceptance or do they tell you later on?

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 pm

lambert8 wrote:just got in today...anyone know about whether or not they tell you scholly info with the acceptance or do they tell you later on?


Congrats! According to this thread, later on.

lambert8
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lambert8 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 pm

sounds good and thank you very much

User avatar
Moose Thompson
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Moose Thompson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:28 pm

hoogs23 wrote:Visited on Thursday, and I am not considering UF in my top 3 now


Did something happen during your visit?

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby hoogs23 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Moose Thompson wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:Visited on Thursday, and I am not considering UF in my top 3 now


Did something happen during your visit?


I was considering UF and FSU, and in my opinion FSU blew UF out of the water. And not a fan of Gainesville

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:16 pm

hoogs23 wrote:
Moose Thompson wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:Visited on Thursday, and I am not considering UF in my top 3 now


Did something happen during your visit?


I was considering UF and FSU, and in my opinion FSU blew UF out of the water. And not a fan of Gainesville


As good a reason as any

User avatar
Moose Thompson
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Moose Thompson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:22 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:
Moose Thompson wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:Visited on Thursday, and I am not considering UF in my top 3 now


Did something happen during your visit?


I was considering UF and FSU, and in my opinion FSU blew UF out of the water. And not a fan of Gainesville


As good a reason as any



Agreed. Good luck man.

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:34 pm

hoogs23 wrote:
Moose Thompson wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:Visited on Thursday, and I am not considering UF in my top 3 now


Did something happen during your visit?


I was considering UF and FSU, and in my opinion FSU blew UF out of the water. And not a fan of Gainesville


Could you please elaborate?

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby hoogs23 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:53 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:
Moose Thompson wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:Visited on Thursday, and I am not considering UF in my top 3 now


Did something happen during your visit?


I was considering UF and FSU, and in my opinion FSU blew UF out of the water. And not a fan of Gainesville


Could you please elaborate?


i thought FSU had the nicer classrooms and courtrooms (they have an old converted state appeals courthouse as a building). the campus looked better, people were more friendly, and the guide was more knowledgeable. Although Tallahassee is not a big city at all, it was cleaner and bigger than Gainesville that just seemed as a dumpy college town. The only thing that was better at UF was the library but not by far.

gator32
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gator32 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi all, just wanted to post that I am looking for a roommate for next year as an incoming 1L. Preferably looking for a 2/2 but willing to go bigger as well. I am flexible in terms of price and location as well. A quick look online made it seem that as a 2/2 you can live in a nicer facility for a reasonable price. Shoot me a PM if you are interested! I'll also be at ASD too so looking forward to meeting fellow TLSers if anyone is planning a meetup.

LowLSATSadFace
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:04 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby LowLSATSadFace » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:02 am

slawww wrote:
LowLSATSadFace wrote:Anyone know the best (and relatively cheap) 1/1 or studio apartment to live for law school?


So did you get in?!


Yes :) Sorry I didn't post. I've been busy celebrating all week ;) haha I slipped through!!! Bottom of the barrel but still got in! HOORAY FOR SOFT FACTORS! hahaha.

brownmanthinks
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby brownmanthinks » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:36 am

LowLSATSadFace wrote:
slawww wrote:
LowLSATSadFace wrote:Anyone know the best (and relatively cheap) 1/1 or studio apartment to live for law school?


So did you get in?!


Yes :) Sorry I didn't post. I've been busy celebrating all week ;) haha I slipped through!!! Bottom of the barrel but still got in! HOORAY FOR SOFT FACTORS! hahaha.


wow, you got in after a waitlist. Your a prime example of when soft factors come in handy. enjoy going to a T1! btw, are you a URM?

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:23 pm

LowLSATSadFace wrote:
slawww wrote:
LowLSATSadFace wrote:Anyone know the best (and relatively cheap) 1/1 or studio apartment to live for law school?


So did you get in?!


Yes :) Sorry I didn't post. I've been busy celebrating all week ;) haha I slipped through!!! Bottom of the barrel but still got in! HOORAY FOR SOFT FACTORS! hahaha.


Congrats!

LowLSATSadFace
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:04 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby LowLSATSadFace » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:59 pm

brownmanthinks wrote:
LowLSATSadFace wrote:
slawww wrote:
LowLSATSadFace wrote:Anyone know the best (and relatively cheap) 1/1 or studio apartment to live for law school?


So did you get in?!


Yes :) Sorry I didn't post. I've been busy celebrating all week ;) haha I slipped through!!! Bottom of the barrel but still got in! HOORAY FOR SOFT FACTORS! hahaha.


wow, you got in after a waitlist. Your a prime example of when soft factors come in handy. enjoy going to a T1! btw, are you a URM?


I wasn't waitlisted.

What is a URM?

LowLSATSadFace
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:04 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby LowLSATSadFace » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:59 pm

slawww wrote:
LowLSATSadFace wrote:
slawww wrote:
LowLSATSadFace wrote:Anyone know the best (and relatively cheap) 1/1 or studio apartment to live for law school?


So did you get in?!


Yes :) Sorry I didn't post. I've been busy celebrating all week ;) haha I slipped through!!! Bottom of the barrel but still got in! HOORAY FOR SOFT FACTORS! hahaha.


Congrats!


Thanks man! See you in fall :)

Columbia11xc
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Columbia11xc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Has anyone had a status change today? I'm guessing we're waiting until next week... :shock: I'm starting to lose it here.

User avatar
zniha
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby zniha » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Withdrew today good luck everyone!

gameface
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gameface » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:07 pm

zniha wrote:Withdrew today good luck everyone!



Where are you headed?

User avatar
zniha
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby zniha » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:28 pm

gameface wrote:
zniha wrote:Withdrew today good luck everyone!



Where are you headed?


University of Denver

UF2015
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby UF2015 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:11 pm

hoogs23 wrote:
i thought FSU had the nicer classrooms and courtrooms (they have an old converted state appeals courthouse as a building). the campus looked better, people were more friendly, and the guide was more knowledgeable. Although Tallahassee is not a big city at all, it was cleaner and bigger than Gainesville that just seemed as a dumpy college town. The only thing that was better at UF was the library but not by far.


You wouldn't happen to have been in the class with the young man on a tour wearing a fedora who tried to answer one of the professor's questions? Don't try that, kids.

And these are all "good enough" reasons to choose FSU over UF. Essentially a matter of preference.

User avatar
GunnySmurf
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GunnySmurf » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Applied 2/21


went NDR today (4/2).... The epic drowning of frustration in immense amounts of porn and booze has begun....FML

gameface
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gameface » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:06 pm

zniha wrote:
gameface wrote:
zniha wrote:Withdrew today good luck everyone!



Where are you headed?


University of Denver


Cool...congrats on making a decision.
UF2015 wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:
i thought FSU had the nicer classrooms and courtrooms (they have an old converted state appeals courthouse as a building). the campus looked better, people were more friendly, and the guide was more knowledgeable. Although Tallahassee is not a big city at all, it was cleaner and bigger than Gainesville that just seemed as a dumpy college town. The only thing that was better at UF was the library but not by far.


You wouldn't happen to have been in the class with the young man on a tour wearing a fedora who tried to answer one of the professor's questions? Don't try that, kids.

And these are all "good enough" reasons to choose FSU over UF. Essentially a matter of preference.


This is freakin hilarious...is the fedora guy real? HAHAHA




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: potterotter and 3 guests