Page 25 of 50

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 pm
by Kajual
slawww wrote:Nice! Looks like they're finally starting to move things along. Still haven't gotten my letter yet; hoping I get it today, since I live pretty close to Gainesville.




Right...I stay in Jax. Thats only about an hour away so hopefully they actually mailed it out already.

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:47 pm
by slawww
Kajual wrote:
slawww wrote:Nice! Looks like they're finally starting to move things along. Still haven't gotten my letter yet; hoping I get it today, since I live pretty close to Gainesville.




Right...I stay in Jax. Thats only about an hour away so hopefully they actually mailed it out already.


Yeah, hopefully they actually mailed it out on Monday. I really just wish they sent the all decisions via e-mail.

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:50 pm
by Kajual
slawww wrote:
Kajual wrote:
slawww wrote:Nice! Looks like they're finally starting to move things along. Still haven't gotten my letter yet; hoping I get it today, since I live pretty close to Gainesville.




Right...I stay in Jax. Thats only about an hour away so hopefully they actually mailed it out already.


Yeah, hopefully they actually mailed it out on Monday. I really just wish they sent the all decisions via e-mail.



I wonder what would happen if we call? lol

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:51 pm
by EG12
Well congrats to the both of you. Hopefully I will be in the next batch!

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:56 pm
by Kajual
EG12 wrote:Well congrats to the both of you. Hopefully I will be in the next batch!




I assume they are kicking them out soon! March 15th app deadline approaching. Good time to apply to law schools for us though. Apps seriously down this year- the last I heard was 30%. Competition for admissions now and jobs once we graduate should tip in our favor.

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:59 pm
by slawww
Kajual wrote:
I wonder what would happen if we call? lol


Hahaha, do it! You're the one with the UF connection 8)

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:29 pm
by meowllory
slawww wrote:
Kajual wrote:
slawww wrote:Nice! Looks like they're finally starting to move things along. Still haven't gotten my letter yet; hoping I get it today, since I live pretty close to Gainesville.




Right...I stay in Jax. Thats only about an hour away so hopefully they actually mailed it out already.


Yeah, hopefully they actually mailed it out on Monday. I really just wish they sent the all decisions via e-mail.


I live about 2 hours away from Gainesville and didn't get my decision until Saturday ..Not sure why it still takes so long :/ If you went to UF undergrad (which I did) you can check the seat deposit website (url is somewhere on this thread) Thursday night using your old UF ID and see if you can place a deposit if you can't stand to wait til Friday/Saturday afternoon. Good luck!

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:33 pm
by slawww
meowllory wrote:
I live about 2 hours away from Gainesville and didn't get my decision until Saturday ..Not sure why it still takes so long :/ If you went to UF undergrad (which I did) you can check the seat deposit website (url is somewhere on this thread) Thursday night using your old UF ID and see if you can place a deposit if you can't stand to wait til Friday/Saturday afternoon. Good luck!


Damn, I don't want to wait that long :( I don't have a UF ID, unfortunately, so I'll have to wait it out. Hopefully this batch is quicker 8)

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:36 pm
by 1693
slawww wrote:
meowllory wrote:
I live about 2 hours away from Gainesville and didn't get my decision until Saturday ..Not sure why it still takes so long :/ If you went to UF undergrad (which I did) you can check the seat deposit website (url is somewhere on this thread) Thursday night using your old UF ID and see if you can place a deposit if you can't stand to wait til Friday/Saturday afternoon. Good luck!


Damn, I don't want to wait that long :( I don't have a UF ID, unfortunately, so I'll have to wait it out. Hopefully this batch is quicker 8)


Actually, you probably do have one (I think). I seem to recall having a UF ID when I filled out the supplemental forms for residency and whatnot on UF's application. Check there and see if you have one!

Otherwise, it took about 10 days after a decision was reached for my letter to arrive in South Florida.

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:40 pm
by meowllory
slawww wrote:
meowllory wrote:
I live about 2 hours away from Gainesville and didn't get my decision until Saturday ..Not sure why it still takes so long :/ If you went to UF undergrad (which I did) you can check the seat deposit website (url is somewhere on this thread) Thursday night using your old UF ID and see if you can place a deposit if you can't stand to wait til Friday/Saturday afternoon. Good luck!


Damn, I don't want to wait that long :( I don't have a UF ID, unfortunately, so I'll have to wait it out. Hopefully this batch is quicker 8)


Hopefully :) I know how painful the waiting game can be, especially since they mail their decisions

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:43 pm
by kburroughs
meowllory wrote:
I live about 2 hours away from Gainesville and didn't get my decision until Saturday ..Not sure why it still takes so long :/ If you went to UF undergrad (which I did) you can check the seat deposit website (url is somewhere on this thread) Thursday night using your old UF ID and see if you can place a deposit if you can't stand to wait til Friday/Saturday afternoon. Good luck!


Thanks so much meowllory! I was panicing because that trick wasn't working, but it did seem like other applicants had to wait a few days. Thanks for offering a timeline :)

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:57 pm
by slawww
1693 wrote:
Actually, you probably do have one (I think). I seem to recall having a UF ID when I filled out the supplemental forms for residency and whatnot on UF's application. Check there and see if you have one!

Otherwise, it took about 10 days after a decision was reached for my letter to arrive in South Florida.


You're right! I do have a UF ID on there, but I decided I'm just going to wait for the letter the old-fashioned way 8)

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
by Kajual
slawww wrote:
Kajual wrote:
I wonder what would happen if we call? lol


Hahaha, do it! You're the one with the UF connection 8)




I already called him...he said he will try and find out for me today! lol :shock:

We will see...

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:08 pm
by slawww
Kajual wrote:
I already called him...he said he will try and find out for me today! lol :shock:

We will see...


Nice! Well make sure to post back here!

Also, this might be premature, but for those already admitted, did scholly information come in the acceptance letter?

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:22 pm
by 1693
slawww wrote:
1693 wrote:
Actually, you probably do have one (I think). I seem to recall having a UF ID when I filled out the supplemental forms for residency and whatnot on UF's application. Check there and see if you have one!

Otherwise, it took about 10 days after a decision was reached for my letter to arrive in South Florida.


You're right! I do have a UF ID on there, but I decided I'm just going to wait for the letter the old-fashioned way 8)


That's what I did too, lol.

As for scholly info - some people have reported getting scholly info after being admitted in this thread I believe.

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:33 pm
by 2012Lsatscore
.

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:50 pm
by FeelTheHeat
Gainesville mail operates at an 18th century pace.

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:50 pm
by sofl_law
slawww wrote:
Kajual wrote:
I already called him...he said he will try and find out for me today! lol :shock:

We will see...


Nice! Well make sure to post back here!

Also, this might be premature, but for those already admitted, did scholly information come in the acceptance letter?


It comes separately. I got my scholarship information about 2 weeks after. And I just heard about my need based grant last week.

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 am
by Kajual
My theory:

Final Decision Made 03/11/2013
Letter printed 03/12 or 03/13
Mailed out 03/14

3 to 7 days...depending on where you reside. I hope I'm waaaaay off!! lol

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:25 pm
by slawww
Kajual wrote:My theory:

Final Decision Made 03/11/2013
Letter printed 03/12 or 03/13
Mailed out 03/14

3 to 7 days...depending on where you reside. I hope I'm waaaaay off!! lol


I hope not! My theory is printed out 3/11, and actually mailed out 3/12 :D

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:12 pm
by Thom_Bonham
Just checked online through the seat deposit website because I live in Gainesville and have not received anything in the mail yet. This morning it would not let me log in, stating that my name did not match my LSAC number, but now it just let me through. I assume this means I'm in?

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 pm
by kburroughs
I think so!

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:38 pm
by Thom_Bonham
kburroughs wrote:I think so!



Did it work for you as well?

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 pm
by slawww
Thom_Bonham wrote:Just checked online through the seat deposit website because I live in Gainesville and have not received anything in the mail yet. This morning it would not let me log in, stating that my name did not match my LSAC number, but now it just let me through. I assume this means I'm in?


I couldn't help it and also tried this. It also didn't work for me early in the day. I just tried again and I can pay the deposit also!

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:24 pm
by sublime
..