UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Congrats JRed and 1693!!!

Well done! Gives me hope the decision I have on the way is affirmative. :)

1693
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 1693 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:Congrats JRed and 1693!!!

Well done! Gives me hope the decision I have on the way is affirmative. :)


Thanks! I hope you have good news coming your way. I had an average GPA from an OoS institution and got rejected last year with a slightly lower LSAT, so this is welcome... especially after being no decision rendered since November!

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:58 pm

I understand. In other news:

I got the letter today.

IN! It said scholly info, if I'm getting one, is to follow mid March. Is this what you all got also?

Tommycopeland
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Tommycopeland » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am

CO2016YEAH wrote:I understand. In other news:

I got the letter today.

IN! It said scholly info, if I'm getting one, is to follow mid March. Is this what you all got also?


Congrats, buddy!

1693
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 1693 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:41 am

CO2016YEAH wrote:I understand. In other news:

I got the letter today.

IN! It said scholly info, if I'm getting one, is to follow mid March. Is this what you all got also?


Grats! Where did you see the info on schollys in mid March? On the generic financial aid sheet it says merit-based schollys are awarded through March. No mention of mid March or saying that I am a candidate for one specifically.

EG12
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby EG12 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:44 am

Congrats guys! I hope to get a FDR soon myself!

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 am

Thanks, guys! And as for the schollies coming mid March, I was mistaken. My gf had conveyed the info to me over the phone, but after reading it myself I see that it says they are awarded through mid March. Still better get this need-based app in, though. In any event, pretty stoked about this. COA for UF is quite a bit lower than a lot of schools anyway. :)
Last edited by CO2016YEAH on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSMill
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:21 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JSMill » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Super stoked, received acceptance letter yesterday. Still waiting to hear from FSU, but from what I've read I think UF is the choice for me. In state so the COA isn't too high even w/o a scholarship.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Woo just got my packet for admission!
This makes me happy

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:24 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:Woo just got my packet for admission!
This makes me happy


Congratulation! So who here is set on UF so far? I'm very interested, but have a lot of options already so it's still up in the air for me.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:Woo just got my packet for admission!
This makes me happy


Congratulation! So who here is set on UF so far? I'm very interested, but have a lot of options already so it's still up in the air for me.

Same here . Florida would be really nice but I have options and still waiting . Def top 5 though

LDVM4334
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:08 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby LDVM4334 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 pm

So I just went to submit my app, and I was informed that I have to physically MAIL the fee in? WTF? Is this so or just some kind of fuck up on the website?

nselvar
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:16 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nselvar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:33 pm

LDVM4334 wrote:So I just went to submit my app, and I was informed that I have to physically MAIL the fee in? WTF? Is this so or just some kind of fuck up on the website?


Once you submit your application on LSAC they email you fee payment instructions so you can pay online :)

jangag
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jangag » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Any scholarship negotiation advice for UF?

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Still NDR, but status updated to 3/6. Please, UF, just tell me yes or no! -_-

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Did no one else get an update?

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby hoogs23 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:03 pm

What does everyone think is an acceptable amount of debt to assume from Florida?

1693
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 1693 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:17 pm

hoogs23 wrote:What does everyone think is an acceptable amount of debt to assume from Florida?



If you are in-state it is the school to go to. FSU is another solid option, but from what I've gathered from practicing attorneys UF has the best reputation and alumni network in the state. You shouldn't pay an arm and a leg for any school, but if you want to be in Florida it is your best option IMO.

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby hoogs23 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:35 pm

1693 wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:What does everyone think is an acceptable amount of debt to assume from Florida?



If you are in-state it is the school to go to. FSU is another solid option, but from what I've gathered from practicing attorneys UF has the best reputation and alumni network in the state. You shouldn't pay an arm and a leg for any school, but if you want to be in Florida it is your best option IMO.


yeah i wish i was in-state

User avatar
zniha
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby zniha » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:03 pm

In! Found out from getting admitted students day email invite since i have been out of town for two weeks and unable to get my mail.

JBCIV
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JBCIV » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:10 pm

NDR Current Status still 11/27/12...can I get some movement please!!!!

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:41 pm

JBCIV wrote:NDR Current Status still 11/27/12...can I get some movement please!!!!


I was in the same boat, and then I had a status update on 3/6/13. I'm hoping for some movement this week. We will definitely see some serious movement in the next couple of weeks.

JBCIV
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JBCIV » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:04 pm

slawww wrote:
JBCIV wrote:NDR Current Status still 11/27/12...can I get some movement please!!!!


I was in the same boat, and then I had a status update on 3/6/13. I'm hoping for some movement this week. We will definitely see some serious movement in the next couple of weeks.


Glad to know I'm no the only one

1693
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 1693 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:28 pm

UF2015 wrote:
Exactly. They are generally clean, everything works, and they are close to campus. They aren't anything to write home about, but Cazabella/Camelot/Hawaiian get the job done.



Are there any other places near campus you recommend looking at? Or perhaps another resource for finding a place. I would like to live near campus but in a complex not overrun with undergrads.... would be nice to have a place where I can study quietly as well.

MichNole19
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MichNole19 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:13 pm

A lot of us live at The Continuum, so far I have no complaints! Best part is if you receive an internship/ externship / summer associate / volunteer something school related out of town during the summer they will freeze your lease and your not responsible for rent, or at least that's what they say!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], NorCalOldGuy and 14 guests