UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
EG12
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby EG12 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:20 am

My FDR status updated today, yesterday technically, also. So they are still doing something behind the curtain lol.

User avatar
eas09d
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:52 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby eas09d » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:31 am

EG12 wrote:
ksouthshore wrote:So if you don't have admit notice issued then it's WL?


I'm pretty sure admit notice issued is for people that have been in for a while. I have not heard of anyone that went FDR in the Friday batch with that notification. I'm sure there was some good news in there :) Also WL isn't the end of the world if that is the case.

As far as why are they using Fedex and not snail mail? We are close to the end of the cycle. They have the luxury of time before, but now they need to let people knows asap is my guess.


Actually, like I mentioned earlier, my boyfriends status changed yesterday from NDR to Admit Notice Issued, so we can't really say that status is only reserved for older admits. I have no idea what all these different statuses mean, but I know AOI isn't just for those of us who were confirmed in weeks/months ago.

JBCIV
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JBCIV » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:12 am

Actually, like I mentioned earlier, my boyfriends status changed yesterday from NDR to Admit Notice Issued, so we can't really say that status is only reserved for older admits. I have no idea what all these different statuses mean, but I know AOI isn't just for those of us who were confirmed in weeks/months ago.[/quote]


My status changed from NDR to Admit Notice Issued as well. Just got off the phone with admissions and have confirmed that "Admit Notice Issued" means you were admitted and letters were sent out today! So congrats everyone!

User avatar
fragrock
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby fragrock » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:09 am

Has anyone had success negotiating scholarships? I'm seriously considering UF but the cost of attendance with a 36K scholarship is still significantly more than the cost at UGA with in-state and the scholarship I received there. Is that enough of a bargaining chip?

User avatar
eas09d
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:52 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby eas09d » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:46 am

fragrock wrote:Has anyone had success negotiating scholarships? I'm seriously considering UF but the cost of attendance with a 36K scholarship is still significantly more than the cost at UGA with in-state and the scholarship I received there. Is that enough of a bargaining chip?



It might be! I would contact Carol Huber, the director of admissions, and explain that to her. Also include a copy of your award letters from any other schools that you are considering. I corresponded with her quite a bit through the need based scholarship process and she was very kind and helpful. Most likely, she'll tell you that she will submit that information (your letters, etc.) to the scholarship committee, as apparently award decisions are made by a committee. Worth a shot though... Good luck!

aklam19
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby aklam19 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:49 am

y'all have got me freaked out now that it just says FDR: Notice Issued. If i get wait listed....I've been wait listed at every school...

gator34
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gator34 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 am

eas09d wrote:
fragrock wrote:Has anyone had success negotiating scholarships? I'm seriously considering UF but the cost of attendance with a 36K scholarship is still significantly more than the cost at UGA with in-state and the scholarship I received there. Is that enough of a bargaining chip?



It might be! I would contact Carol Huber, the director of admissions, and explain that to her. Also include a copy of your award letters from any other schools that you are considering. I corresponded with her quite a bit through the need based scholarship process and she was very kind and helpful. Most likely, she'll tell you that she will submit that information (your letters, etc.) to the scholarship committee, as apparently award decisions are made by a committee. Worth a shot though... Good luck!


I contacted admissions and they changed my scholarship from $48,000 to $53,000. You should give it a shot for sure!

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 am

aklam19 wrote:y'all have got me freaked out now that it just says FDR: Notice Issued. If i get wait listed....I've been wait listed at every school...

HOLD STRONG BRETHREN

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:03 am

for those that have been accepted, when is your deposit deadline? my "notice" is in the mail and if it's acceptance, I wonder how soon they'd want my money.

ksouthshore
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:20 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ksouthshore » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 am

I called this morning and the woman I talked to said she couldnt say either way what it meant. I dont know what to believe anymore. :?

aklam19
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby aklam19 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 am

ksouthshore wrote:I called this morning and the woman I talked to said she couldnt say either way what it meant. I dont know what to believe anymore. :?


couldn't say either way about what, specifically?

ksouthshore
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:20 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ksouthshore » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 am

aklam19 wrote:
ksouthshore wrote:I called this morning and the woman I talked to said she couldnt say either way what it meant. I dont know what to believe anymore. :?


couldn't say either way about what, specifically?


What the difference between Final Notice Issued and Admit Notice Issue was.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:14 am

ksouthshore wrote:
aklam19 wrote:
ksouthshore wrote:I called this morning and the woman I talked to said she couldnt say either way what it meant. I dont know what to believe anymore. :?


couldn't say either way about what, specifically?


What the difference between Final Notice Issued and Admit Notice Issue was.

FWIW I never got admit notice issued when I got my acceptance until about a week after the acceptance packet arrived

User avatar
eas09d
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:52 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby eas09d » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:15 am

ksouthshore wrote:
aklam19 wrote:
ksouthshore wrote:I called this morning and the woman I talked to said she couldnt say either way what it meant. I dont know what to believe anymore. :?


couldn't say either way about what, specifically?


What the difference between Final Notice Issued and Admit Notice Issue was.


I can't tell if you if there is a difference, but I also called this morning and they said Admit Notice Issued means you're admitted.

ksouthshore
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:20 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ksouthshore » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:16 am

I guess there is nothing we can do until we finally get that almighty letter in the mail.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:17 am

To those who received schollys: is there a mailing in the status checker that says something about a scholarship? I sent them a competing scholarship offer a couple of weeks ago, but I still haven't received anything.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:18 am

slawww wrote:To those who received schollys: is there a mailing in the status checker that says something about a scholarship? I sent them a competing scholarship offer a couple of weeks ago, but I still haven't received anything.

nope

aklam19
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby aklam19 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 am

ksouthshore wrote:
aklam19 wrote:
ksouthshore wrote:I called this morning and the woman I talked to said she couldnt say either way what it meant. I dont know what to believe anymore. :?


couldn't say either way about what, specifically?


What the difference between Final Notice Issued and Admit Notice Issue was.


ooooooof. hopefully we both get in and end this nonsense of worrying. you went FDR on friday too right?

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:20 am

lhanvt13 wrote:
slawww wrote:To those who received schollys: is there a mailing in the status checker that says something about a scholarship? I sent them a competing scholarship offer a couple of weeks ago, but I still haven't received anything.

nope


Cool, thanks

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 am

gatorgirl2012 wrote:for those that have been accepted, when is your deposit deadline? my "notice" is in the mail and if it's acceptance, I wonder how soon they'd want my money.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:22 am

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:for those that have been accepted, when is your deposit deadline? my "notice" is in the mail and if it's acceptance, I wonder how soon they'd want my money.


It's in May. Google " UF Law Seat Deposit"

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:26 am

slawww wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:for those that have been accepted, when is your deposit deadline? my "notice" is in the mail and if it's acceptance, I wonder how soon they'd want my money.


It's in May. Google " UF Law Seat Deposit"


thank you :wink: i had it confused with one of the schools with variable seat deposits!

gator32
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gator32 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 am

Hey all! I am looking for roommates still. Right now I have a house lined up (a 3/2) right across from the law school. It is 1600/mo plus utilities. Looking for 2 other roommates (male) to fill this up with me. Shoot me a PM if you are interested! I will also be at ASD.

Gotallanswers
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Gotallanswers » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:42 pm

May 15th. I am still hoping I get a scholly. Bright futures and prepaid only will cover about $6,500, of the about 21K.
Also what's ASD if I know I'm going to uf is it worth going to even though I am currently attending UF, so I'll be in Gainesville either way.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Gotallanswers wrote:May 15th. I am still hoping I get a scholly. Bright futures and prepaid only will cover about $6,500, of the about 21K.
Also what's ASD if I know I'm going to uf is it worth going to even though I am currently attending UF, so I'll be in Gainesville either way.


I don't believe Bright Futures covers grad school. I'd love to be wrong, because I'd love to use Bright futures again, but I'm pretty sure it does not.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hip to be Square, longsh0305, SevenSeven77 and 15 guests