UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TBZ28

New

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by TBZ28 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 pm

JBCIV wrote:
TBZ28 wrote:Has anyone who was NDR changed to DR today?
I wish. Am still NDR with a status date of 11/27/2013
Ugh...yeah I haven't been waiting nearly that long so I can't imagine how frustrating that is. Apparently there will be no changes until next Monday. I called admissions and they said that's the next time they'll be meeting. Hopefully I'm wrong though. Or hopefully we'll at least know by then...good luck!

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Just got the acceptance package! FINALLY in! 8)

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 pm

slawww wrote:Just got the acceptance package! FINALLY in! 8)
Yeahhhhhh buddy

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:34 pm

lhanvt13 wrote: Yeahhhhhh buddy
Hahaha, yeaaaahhh buddy indeed. Feels good after like 4+ months of waiting!

Bronze

Post by 1693 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:35 pm

slawww wrote:Just got the acceptance package! FINALLY in! 8)

Grats!

gotta ask tho - scholly included?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:44 pm

1693 wrote:
Grats!

Thanks! Nope, no scholly info. I'm in-state, so I'm not sure if I should be expecting any. I have an offer from a higher ranked school that is cheaper by about 3k/year, so I'm thinking about e-mailing UF and seeing if they can at least match that. Anyone have any advice on whether I should do this ASAP, or wait and see if I get anything without asking?

EG12

New

Post by EG12 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 pm

TBZ28 wrote:
JBCIV wrote:
TBZ28 wrote:Has anyone who was NDR changed to DR today?
I wish. Am still NDR with a status date of 11/27/2013
Ugh...yeah I haven't been waiting nearly that long so I can't imagine how frustrating that is. Apparently there will be no changes until next Monday. I called admissions and they said that's the next time they'll be meeting. Hopefully I'm wrong though. Or hopefully we'll at least know by then...good luck!
I have actually received my status updates mostly on Tuesdays after a Monday decision. So there still may be hope of some updates from today's meeting tomorrow.

Gotallanswers

Bronze

Post by Gotallanswers » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:50 pm

My status checker shows a newsletter that was sent today but I did not receive one. Is that bad?

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Gotallanswers wrote:My status checker shows a newsletter that was sent today but I did not receive one. Is that bad?
Should check your spam

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gotallanswers

Bronze

Post by Gotallanswers » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:52 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
Gotallanswers wrote:My status checker shows a newsletter that was sent today but I did not receive one. Is that bad?
Should check your spam
I did. It's not there I don't think I got it. Did you get one. Also one of my friends did not receive one either but he was accepted already.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Gotallanswers wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
Should check your spam
I did. It's not there I don't think I got it. Did you get one. Also one of my friends did not receive one either but he was accepted already.
I didn't get one

Columbia11xc

New

Post by Columbia11xc » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:13 am

NDR!! Hope next Monday is decision day.

JBCIV

New

Post by JBCIV » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:15 am

lhanvt13 wrote:
Gotallanswers wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
Should check your spam
I didn't get one

I did not get one either...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:58 am

JBCIV wrote:

I did not get one either...
Although my friend who's been sitting on ndr has gotten it

szjellybean

New

Post by szjellybean » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Hello all! I am a first time poster here and have been going through all these pages for the past few months and let me just say, you guys are great (especially compared to some of the other school boards I have seen, yikes) and, even though I haven't been posting, I just wanted to say thank you!

I have been NDR since 1/29 (GPA is at the median, lsat below the median, in-state and UF is my alma mater, and my mothers alma mater) and with seat deposit deadlines looming for other schools, it's a relief to know others are in the same boat as me.

To the people above who did not receive the newsletter, I received one on the 19th and it says so on my status checker. Did you receive the previous ones?

Gotallanswers

Bronze

Post by Gotallanswers » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:45 pm

szjellybean wrote:Hello all! I am a first time poster here and have been going through all these pages for the past few months and let me just say, you guys are great (especially compared to some of the other school boards I have seen, yikes) and, even though I haven't been posting, I just wanted to say thank you!

I have been NDR since 1/29 (GPA is at the median, lsat below the median, in-state and UF is my alma mater, and my mothers alma mater) and with seat deposit deadlines looming for other schools, it's a relief to know others are in the same boat as me.

To the people above who did not receive the newsletter, I received one on the 19th and it says so on my status checker. Did you receive the previous ones?
Yea I have received all of the other newsletters. I wonder if it means something if some have received it and some have not.

fragrock

Bronze

Post by fragrock » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:50 pm

slawww wrote:
1693 wrote:
Grats!

Thanks! Nope, no scholly info. I'm in-state, so I'm not sure if I should be expecting any. I have an offer from a higher ranked school that is cheaper by about 3k/year, so I'm thinking about e-mailing UF and seeing if they can at least match that. Anyone have any advice on whether I should do this ASAP, or wait and see if I get anything without asking?

Congrats Slaw!!! For your scholarship reference, I got in early in February and didn't get scholarship information until this Monday (The letter was dated March 13), so the fact that nothing came with your acceptance does not necessarily mean bad news. Are you planning to be at the April 12 admit day?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:55 pm

fragrock wrote:

Congrats Slaw!!! For your scholarship reference, I got in early in February and didn't get scholarship information until this Monday (The letter was dated March 13), so the fact that nothing came with your acceptance does not necessarily mean bad news. Are you planning to be at the April 12 admit day?
Thanks!! Cool, so maybe there is a possibility of some scholly money. Yepp, I will definitely be there on April 12th! Are you going?

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:03 pm

slawww wrote:
fragrock wrote:

Thanks!! Cool, so maybe there is a possibility of some scholly money. Yepp, I will definitely be there on April 12th! Are you going?
I got in 2 weeks ago ? got my scholly a week or so afterwards

JBCIV

New

Post by JBCIV » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 pm

Gotallanswers wrote:
szjellybean wrote:Hello all! I am a first time poster here and have been going through all these pages for the past few months and let me just say, you guys are great (especially compared to some of the other school boards I have seen, yikes) and, even though I haven't been posting, I just wanted to say thank you!

Yea I have received all of the other newsletters. I wonder if it means something if some have received it and some have not.

I contacted Sarah with admissions regarding this discrepancy. She told me their email filter periodically does this and not to worry. Apparently it was the standard newsletter similar to the previous ones with no substantial new information. She offered to resend it when she got to the office but I told her that would not be necessary. For those of you interested in receiving the newsletter I'd just shoot her email about it.

Gotallanswers

Bronze

Post by Gotallanswers » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:47 pm

JBCIV wrote:
Gotallanswers wrote:

I contacted Sarah with admissions regarding this discrepancy. She told me their email filter periodically does this and not to worry. Apparently it was the standard newsletter similar to the previous ones with no substantial new information. She offered to resend it when she got to the office but I told her that would not be necessary. For those of you interested in receiving the newsletter I'd just shoot her email about it.
I've been NDR for 3.5 months as of now. I've read all of them, twice. I want a real letter!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JBCIV

New

Post by JBCIV » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Gotallanswers wrote:
JBCIV wrote:
Gotallanswers wrote:

I've been NDR for 3.5 months as of now. I've read all of them, twice. I want a real letter!
Join the club been NDR since Novemeber

eas09d

New

Post by eas09d » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 pm

slawww wrote:
fragrock wrote:

Congrats Slawww!! I'll be at admitted students day too!! :)

grantev

New

Post by grantev » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:46 pm

I got my acceptance letter on 2/19, and I just received a $12k/year scholarship offer in the mail--totally out of the blue! Surprising because I am basically right at both medians, but maybe being OOS has something to do with it. Definitely makes UF an affordable option.

nebula666

Silver

Post by nebula666 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:54 am

eas09d wrote:
slawww wrote:
fragrock wrote:

Congrats Slawww!! I'll be at admitted students day too!! :)
You'll be visiting one week before finals begin so don't be deterred by students looking crazy

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”