UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CO2016YEAH

Silver

Re: UF Class of 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by CO2016YEAH » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Gotallanswers wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:In Gainesville! Anything in particular a prospective law student with wife and kid in tow should check out? :) b Also looking for suggestions for an awesome but relatively inexpensive dinner. We like seafood, wings, or whatever's clever!
Go to the bat caves. Thousands of bats(about 300,000) leave these caves when the sunsets and fly over into lake Alice. Last Saturday I went with my family and there were hundreds of people there. Make sure you take cover when they leave because they can poop and per while flying over you. Also to eat burrito brothers is a classic and so is satchels, satchels is pizza, it's a cool place it has a bochi ball course (pretty sure I spelled that wrong).
Thanks, gotatheanswers and gatorbait! We've opted for La Tienda. Food isn't out yet but it smells great! Seems like the blue and Orange game gas things happening around here today. Nice little town here. I think I could see myself any my family here.

Gator_Bait

New

Post by Gator_Bait » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:01 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:
Gotallanswers wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:In Gainesville! Anything in particular a prospective law student with wife and kid in tow should check out? :) b Also looking for suggestions for an awesome but relatively inexpensive dinner. We like seafood, wings, or whatever's clever!
Go to the bat caves. Thousands of bats(about 300,000) leave these caves when the sunsets and fly over into lake Alice. Last Saturday I went with my family and there were hundreds of people there. Make sure you take cover when they leave because they can poop and per while flying over you. Also to eat burrito brothers is a classic and so is satchels, satchels is pizza, it's a cool place it has a bochi ball course (pretty sure I spelled that wrong).
Thanks, gotatheanswers and gatorbait! We've opted for La Tienda. Food isn't out yet but it smells great! Seems like the blue and Orange game gas things happening around here today. Nice little town here. I think I could see myself any my family here.
La Tienda is definitely not your typical restaurant but the food is real authentic Mexican and it is amazing.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Gator_Bait wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:
Gotallanswers wrote:
La Tienda is definitely not your typical restaurant but the food is real authentic Mexican and it is amazing.
Mexico Lindo is pretty damn good too.

CO2016YEAH

Silver

Post by CO2016YEAH » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Gator_Bait wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:
Gotallanswers wrote:
Ha. Right. But if I want some Mexican soda to go with my Burrito, along with a wrestling mask and some Advil, I know where to come! :)

ksouthshore

New

Post by ksouthshore » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:21 am

With the deposit trick, if it says "First and Last Name and LSAC Account # do not match" does that mean it didnt work or something is wrong with my information?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gatorgirl2012

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:26 am

ksouthshore wrote:With the deposit trick, if it says "First and Last Name and LSAC Account # do not match" does that mean it didnt work or something is wrong with my information?
sames! i turned FDR friday so i think it might still be soon...

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 am

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
ksouthshore wrote:With the deposit trick, if it says "First and Last Name and LSAC Account # do not match" does that mean it didnt work or something is wrong with my information?
sames! i turned FDR friday so i think it might still be soon...
Yeah it took 3 or 4 (business) days for it to work for me.

CO2016YEAH

Silver

Post by CO2016YEAH » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Are you all heading for ASD on Friday?

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:39 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:Are you all heading for ASD on Friday?
Yep, I will be there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

aklam19

New

Post by aklam19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:34 pm

no one got wait listed after FDR/notice issued, right?

Gotallanswers

Bronze

Post by Gotallanswers » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Mine worked on Wednesday. Also I am still debating if I am going to go to ASD. What benefits are there to going, if I am already set on attending UF?
Also we don't know if no one has been wait listed. We have not even heard of a confirmed rejection yet.

gatorgirl2012

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 pm

aklam19 wrote:no one got wait listed after FDR/notice issued, right?
too early to tell, unless they send WLs via e-mail... I'm hoping to receive their decision today or tomorrow since I'm in florida.

aklam19

New

Post by aklam19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
too early to tell, unless they send WLs via e-mail... I'm hoping to receive their decision today or tomorrow since I'm in florida.
i meant before, like in the thread. i don't remember anyone saying wait listed. I hope i didn't get wait listed. I've only been wait listed at every school. Pretty sick of it. Need to get in somewhere for my mental health! and i heard it takes a while, even if you are in florida. not expecting to get it today. maybe by friday

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Stillwaiting6192

New

Post by Stillwaiting6192 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back from financial aid after submitting the UF application?

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:04 pm

aklam19 wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:
i meant before, like in the thread. i don't remember anyone saying wait listed. I hope i didn't get wait listed. I've only been wait listed at every school. Pretty sick of it. Need to get in somewhere for my mental health! and i heard it takes a while, even if you are in florida. not expecting to get it today. maybe by friday
what are your numbers?

Columbia11xc

New

Post by Columbia11xc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm over the whole waiting for UF, I'm headed to FSU. Good Luck to those still waiting.

Gotallanswers

Bronze

Post by Gotallanswers » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I was admitted last week and got my letter last Saturday. I just went onto the status checker and interesting enough it now says admit notice issued. So maybe anyone accepted got this since ASD is soon? Or it just happens after a certain amount of time.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

eas09d

New

Post by eas09d » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Gotallanswers wrote:I was admitted last week and got my letter last Saturday. I just went onto the status checker and interesting enough it now says admit notice issued. So maybe anyone accepted got this since ASD is soon? Or it just happens after a certain amount of time.

I was just coming on to ask about this! My boyfriend's status changed today from NDR to Admit Notice Issued; I'm hoping its good news since I checked and my status now says Admit Notice Issued as well and I was accepted back in Feb. Does anyone think it might be something else besides an acceptance? We're going to try and call tomorrow and see if they'll give us some answers, use ASD as leverage.

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:58 pm

eas09d wrote:
Gotallanswers wrote:I was admitted last week and got my letter last Saturday. I just went onto the status checker and interesting enough it now says admit notice issued. So maybe anyone accepted got this since ASD is soon? Or it just happens after a certain amount of time.

I was just coming on to ask about this! My boyfriend's status changed today from NDR to Admit Notice Issued; I'm hoping its good news since I checked and my status now says Admit Notice Issued as well and I was accepted back in Feb. Does anyone think it might be something else besides an acceptance? We're going to try and call tomorrow and see if they'll give us some answers, use ASD as leverage.
Just checked, and mine also says Admit Notice Issued; it never said that before. I can't imagine your boyfriend would get any other decision besides an acceptance if that's what his status says. Unless they made a mistake or something, which is highly unlikely.

Gotallanswers

Bronze

Post by Gotallanswers » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:03 pm

slawww wrote:
eas09d wrote:

Just checked, and mine also says Admit Notice Issued; it never said that before. I can't imagine your boyfriend would get any other decision besides an acceptance if that's what his status says. Unless they made a mistake or something, which is highly unlikely.
I personally think Admit Noticed is an acceptance. If your unsure go out and tell everyone, go for a big celebration dinner than if you find out it is not, sue the school for emotional distress. Lol

eas09d

New

Post by eas09d » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Gotallanswers wrote:
slawww wrote:
eas09d wrote:

I personally think Admit Noticed is an acceptance. If your unsure go out and tell everyone, go for a big celebration dinner than if you find out it is not, sue the school for emotional distress. Lol
Thats what I said! Thanks for the encouragement guys. He's just having a hard time celebrating when it could be something besides an admit, but what else would admit stand for, right!? Like I said, we're calling tomorrow and I'll for sure let you all know what they say :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JBCIV

New

Post by JBCIV » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Just checked, and mine also says Admit Notice Issued; it never said that before. I can't imagine your boyfriend would get any other decision besides an acceptance if that's what his status says. Unless they made a mistake or something, which is highly unlikely.[/quote][/quote]

Mine just changed to Admit Notice Issued as well. Admitted, the long wait is finally over....god I hope so!!!!

gatorgirl2012

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Mine from Friday just says Noticed Issue. NOW I'm shitting bricks >.<

spark1

New

Post by spark1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi my status checker turned "decision rendered: notice issued" and school sent me sth via FedEx priority on Friday 5th. I tried deposit trick but it didn't work. Is it rejection or WL?! ughhhh :/

gator32

New

Post by gator32 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:17 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:Mine from Friday just says Noticed Issue. NOW I'm shitting bricks >.<
That is what I received as well prior to an acceptance. You've waited this long - hold those bricks in a little longer!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”