Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:50 pm

.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Has there seemed to be any correlation between status updates and admissions decisions?

Had an update a couple of days ago.

historicrep
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby historicrep » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 pm

When did you submit? What are your numbers?

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby slawww » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 pm

historicrep wrote:When did you submit? What are your numbers?


On the 16th, if I remember correctly. Below both medians & URM. Applied after receiving quite a few app invitations. Expecting a ding, though.

User avatar
bettercallsaul91
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:30 am

sooo ... no travel stipends for campus preview?

dan k
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby dan k » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:06 pm

bettercallsaul91 wrote:sooo ... no travel stipends for campus preview?


should have been in the acceptance package. there's a form there for you to list expenses/attach receipts and they reimburse you in June or something

User avatar
bettercallsaul91
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:15 pm

dan k wrote:
bettercallsaul91 wrote:sooo ... no travel stipends for campus preview?


should have been in the acceptance package. there's a form there for you to list expenses/attach receipts and they reimburse you in June or something


I thought I had read something about one at some point but couldn't find it on the admitted students website. Thanks!

User avatar
AMilfordMan
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby AMilfordMan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:40 pm

So I sometimes forget that Minnesota waitlisted me on 12/14. I'm definitely still interested in attending. Probably about time to start schmoozing the admissions office, huh?

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:13 pm

My "in review" date just changed to 2/1. Anyone else have the same experience?

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:14 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:My "in review" date just changed to 2/1. Anyone else have the same experience?

same here. WHAT DOES IT MEAN

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:My "in review" date just changed to 2/1. Anyone else have the same experience?

same here. WHAT DOES IT MEAN


hopefully that we'll hear back soon. and be accepted! good luck.

User avatar
ALgooner
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ALgooner » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Mine changed to 2/1 as well. Good luck all!

historicrep
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby historicrep » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Mine changed to in review 2/1 today as well! Hoping this means good news next week.

Probably just an update though...

out of curiosity, what are your numbers / when did you all go under review?

3.3/167, 1/22, this is one of my two top choices so I'm nervous

User avatar
mg7
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mg7 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:49 pm

For those whose status date just changed, what was your previous date? Mine updated a couple weeks ago to 1/18, but has been stuck there since.

historicrep
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby historicrep » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 pm

mg7 wrote:For those whose status date just changed, what was your previous date? Mine updated a couple weeks ago to 1/18, but has been stuck there since.

1/22 was the first time I went under review, FWIW.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 pm

historicrep wrote:
mg7 wrote:For those whose status date just changed, what was your previous date? Mine updated a couple weeks ago to 1/18, but has been stuck there since.

1/22 was the first time I went under review, FWIW.


Same here.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Hope you guys get good news today!

User avatar
FrankGallagher
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:34 am

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby FrankGallagher » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 pm

historicrep wrote:Mine changed to in review 2/1 today as well! Hoping this means good news next week.

Probably just an update though...

out of curiosity, what are your numbers / when did you all go under review?

3.3/167, 1/22, this is one of my two top choices so I'm nervous


I applied early and got in with a $20k/yr scholarship with a 3.3/169, so I would think you'll get in with those numbers.

historicrep
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby historicrep » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Hope you guys get good news today!

doubt it will be today! soon though we should get a decision.

FrankGallagher wrote:
historicrep wrote:Mine changed to in review 2/1 today as well! Hoping this means good news next week.

Probably just an update though...

out of curiosity, what are your numbers / when did you all go under review?

3.3/167, 1/22, this is one of my two top choices so I'm nervous


I applied early and got in with a $20k/yr scholarship with a 3.3/169, so I would think you'll get in with those numbers.

Here's to hoping! Congratulations, btw!
Last edited by historicrep on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 pm

historicrep wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Hope you guys get good news today!

doubt it will be today! soon though we should get a decision.

True. It's a bit late in the day for phone calls to start.

boris78
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby boris78 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:05 pm

ALgooner wrote:Mine changed to 2/1 as well. Good luck all!


me also. no decision yet.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby simplycatalina » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:13 pm

boris78 wrote:
ALgooner wrote:Mine changed to 2/1 as well. Good luck all!


me also. no decision yet.


hoping for early next week.

soych
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby soych » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Whew, glad to see others had their UR dates updated, too. No emails or phone calls on this front either.

Morticiaroxanne
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Morticiaroxanne » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:37 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:My "in review" date just changed to 2/1. Anyone else have the same experience?



Same here. Still in review... I submitted 1/14. went into review around 1/22? Then my date just changed to 2/1. hopefully it means we'll be hearing back soon!!!

User avatar
jmorrisumn
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Re: Minnesota c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jmorrisumn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Checking in. In review as of 2/4.

UG at UMN; applied JDP and have already been accepted to the other program via phone. 1st quartile GPA, 3rd quartile LSAT. Did much better on GRE's than on LSAT. Maybe should have allocated prep time a little differently, but it's in the past now. Obvious ties to the city on my resume and in contained in personal statement that was focused more on why the JDP than why UMN.

Can say to everyone else: There's about two months where the weather's truly bad - and half it it school isn't even in session. UMN starts after Labor Day and after MLK day, so commuting to campus is only truly "bad" for about four weeks. (Bad defined <15 deg F) Summers in MN more than make up for it though (and there are more miles of lakefront in MN than there is shoreline in Cali.) Happy to field questions about the MPLS/StP for anyone.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2ndchance, jjcorvino, Kaziende, Lmorina126, oliviaj_j, spookyg_g_ghost, XUMickeal and 21 guests