Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dsn32 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:42 pm

My mailed date is also 11/9.... so I'll be right there with y'all waiting this one out by the mailbox early this week!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:31 am

Right, so on the off-chance that I can't make it home on my lunch break to check the mail, I need everyone to regale me with stories of how all the decisions mailed on Friday were acceptances and not, well, anything else. TYIA

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby danitt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:36 am

shntn wrote:Right, so on the off-chance that I can't make it home on my lunch break to check the mail, I need everyone to regale me with stories of how all the decisions mailed on Friday were acceptances and not, well, anything else. TYIA

Oh stop it you!

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bigeast03 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:50 am

Good luck to all the people with 11/9 mailed dates, hopefully you all have a black box waiting for you! I'm a current student at Vandy, so if anyone has any questions feel free to message me and I'll do my best

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Ran home on my lunch break. Mail hasn't run yet. LOL @ me.

User avatar
princessofpower
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby princessofpower » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

shntn wrote:Ran home on my lunch break. Mail hasn't run yet. LOL @ me.


FYI... there's no mail today in observance of Veteran's Day.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:43 pm

princessofpower wrote:
shntn wrote:Ran home on my lunch break. Mail hasn't run yet. LOL @ me.


FYI... there's no mail today in observance of Veteran's Day.

Well that'll do it. Yet another LOL @ me.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby akili » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Hey yall, I'm a 2L at Vandy. If you have any questions about Nashville and Vandy let me know! I'd love to help.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby North » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:08 am

Checking in! Just submitted the app last night. MyLSN says I'm looking at a WL, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Love Vandy though, despite the football.

akili wrote:Hey yall, I'm a 2L at Vandy. If you have any questions about Nashville and Vandy let me know! I'd love to help.

Thanks for dropping in! How's your class doing in the job market? Do you know many people who crack D.C.?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Well LSN is showing one acceptance today. Rain or not, I'm gonna pull my stupid sprint-home thing again over lunch because I'm just that EXCITE.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Got my box!

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:28 pm

By the way, I highly recommend the on campus interview. My interviewer was incredibly nice and easy to talk to, and it was way more informative than I expected it to be. I'm pretty sure she actually sits in on the admissions process (and probably carries a lot of sway) which I would guess is a huge advantage over alumni interviews. She gave a lot of room to explain any weaknesses or anomalies in my application, and actively took notes on my résumé. I didn't have the audacity to lean over and see what she was writing, but it made me feel like the interview was more than just a chance for them to sell the school. She was really candid about the employment situation, and she knew a lot about CDO and answered a lot of my questions about the way grading and stuff works. All in all, the tour took Vandy up from being a school I'd be really excited to attend to probably being my first choice. Guh, this is going to be a long few months of waiting.

And I'm not saying any of this lightly. I had to drive almost 6 hours to an airport and then fly about two hours to get there. It was definitely worth the trip.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:By the way, I highly recommend the on campus interview. My interviewer was incredibly nice and easy to talk to, and it was way more informative than I expected it to be. I'm pretty sure she actually sits in on the admissions process (and probably carries a lot of sway) which I would guess is a huge advantage over alumni interviews. She gave a lot of room to explain any weaknesses or anomalies in my application, and actively took notes on my résumé. I didn't have the audacity to lean over and see what she was writing, but it made me feel like the interview was more than just a chance for them to sell the school. She was really candid about the employment situation, and she knew a lot about CDO and answered a lot of my questions about the way grading and stuff works. All in all, the tour took Vandy up from being a school I'd be really excited to attend to probably being my first choice. Guh, this is going to be a long few months of waiting.

And I'm not saying any of this lightly. I had to drive almost 6 hours to an airport and then fly about two hours to get there. It was definitely worth the trip.

I'm really looking forward to ASW so I can see what all the rave is about.
Last edited by shntn on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dsn32 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:By the way, I highly recommend the on campus interview. My interviewer was incredibly nice and easy to talk to, and it was way more informative than I expected it to be. I'm pretty sure she actually sits in on the admissions process (and probably carries a lot of sway) which I would guess is a huge advantage over alumni interviews. She gave a lot of room to explain any weaknesses or anomalies in my application, and actively took notes on my résumé. I didn't have the audacity to lean over and see what she was writing, but it made me feel like the interview was more than just a chance for them to sell the school. She was really candid about the employment situation, and she knew a lot about CDO and answered a lot of my questions about the way grading and stuff works. All in all, the tour took Vandy up from being a school I'd be really excited to attend to probably being my first choice. Guh, this is going to be a long few months of waiting.

And I'm not saying any of this lightly. I had to drive almost 6 hours to an airport and then fly about two hours to get there. It was definitely worth the trip.


I would echo this. One of Vandy's lead admissions people came to my school (very fortunate!) and had one day of interviews, and I was lucky enough to get one of them. I definitely walked out of the room liking the school a lot more and feeling as if any question I had was answered in a satisfactory manner. If Vandy is one of your top choices, highly recommend the interview with one of their adcomms.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:38 pm

^^ ditto to everything. I interviewed off-campus but with an associate director, which was absolutely wonderful. She obviously knew the school and its admissions process in and out, and I walked out feeling a lot more knowledgeable and comfortable than I did walking in. I highly recommend trying to either interview on-campus or snag one of the off-campus interviews with a member of the admissions staff.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby North » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 pm

shntn wrote:Got my box!

Congrats shntn!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:05 pm

North wrote:
shntn wrote:Got my box!

Congrats shntn!

TY TY

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby akili » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:45 pm

North wrote:Checking in! Just submitted the app last night. MyLSN says I'm looking at a WL, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Love Vandy though, despite the football.

akili wrote:Hey yall, I'm a 2L at Vandy. If you have any questions about Nashville and Vandy let me know! I'd love to help.

Thanks for dropping in! How's your class doing in the job market? Do you know many people who crack D.C.?


It's hard to tell exactly how people are doing. I only know how my close friends did. I know most of the top people in our class got jobs through OCI. A few friends got offers in the past week or two so stuff is still moving. I have a few friends that are still looking but small firms haven't really started hiring in the Southern markets yet.

D.C. does seem hard to crack, but I was surprised at the number of people who are working there this summer.

I knew I wanted to work in government (I'll be at a DA's office this summer) so I've been out of the loop. I'll ask around and see what else I can find out though!

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dsn32 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 pm

In as well! The Obiter Dictum is literally the most helpful thing I've seen in this entire law school admissions process thus far. If nothing else, Vandy does an impeccable job of selling their school to prospective students.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:17 pm

dsn32 wrote:In as well! The Obiter Dictum is literally the most helpful thing I've seen in this entire law school admissions process thus far. If nothing else, Vandy does an impeccable job of selling their school to prospective students.

No kidding, this thing is amazing. Not only am I reading it, but I'm reading it because I actually want to. :shock:

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Jaqen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Grats guys! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Crowing » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:37 am

Scheduled my interview - I hope it's a good sign that they actually asked for one...

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:45 am

Crowing wrote:Scheduled my interview - I hope it's a good sign that they actually asked for one...

I've seen your numbers, and I feel confident that all they wanna do is make sure you're not a creep. Aside from that, you should be good. Good luck!! :)

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby danitt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:57 am

My Vandy interview gave me such a warm fuzzy feeling about the school that for a crazy moment I was like,"Oh I don't mind going there at sticker.". Then I came to my senses.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:07 am

danitt wrote:My Vandy interview gave me such a warm fuzzy feeling about the school that for a crazy moment I was like,"Oh I don't mind going there at sticker.". Then I came to my senses.

:lol: :lol:

Well going to any school at sticker is a big decision, but looking at its stats, I'd definitely put Vandy in the worth-considering-even-at-sticker category.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”