Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
AMilfordMan
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby AMilfordMan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a thread/article on how to approach a waitlist? I've been WL'd at two schools that I'm still very much interested in (Vandy included), and I'm looking for some insight in how to best keep in touch with those schools.

Thanks!

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby toothbrush » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:44 pm

AMilfordMan wrote:Can anyone point me in the right direction for a thread/article on how to approach a waitlist? I've been WL'd at two schools that I'm still very much interested in (Vandy included), and I'm looking for some insight in how to best keep in touch with those schools.

Thanks!

Search "LOCI" or "Letter of Continued Interest".

Basically, you write a letter explaining that you will 1) love to come to x school 2) it is your top choice and you say you will do no matter what (pay sticker) if you;re accepted 3) any accomplishments since your app or things you're pursuing. if you have bother for 3 you can say that you are pursuing studies in Mandarin through x way or some shit like that.

HTH

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Complete 1/24
Decision mail date 1/31
:shock:

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby nba101790 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:59 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Complete 1/24
Decision mail date 1/31
:shock:


Wow, fast! Good luck!

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby timeandspace11 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:00 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Complete 1/24
Decision mail date 1/31
:shock:


Good luck!! my status just went complete 1/31 after I submitted 1/29.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:17 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Complete 1/24
Decision mail date 1/31
:shock:


Bet you're in - but GL anyway!

Also, end of Feb for $ = poop. Eh at least it's a more specific timeframe now.

User avatar
FrankGallagher
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:34 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby FrankGallagher » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:30 pm

looks like they have given out the merit awards scholarships since a couple people in the NYU thread said they got it

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby toothbrush » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 pm

FrankGallagher wrote:looks like they have given out the merit awards scholarships since a couple people in the NYU thread said they got it

I think you're referring to the fact that people in the NYU thread have received the "Vanderbilt Scholarship" -- it's the same of a scholarship at NYU. Not sure what amount it is (mebbe full idk) but it has nothing to do with Vandy the LS.

User avatar
FrankGallagher
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:34 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby FrankGallagher » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:33 pm

oh, ok. thats confusing.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby toothbrush » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:35 pm

FrankGallagher wrote:oh, ok. thats confusing.

I agree. But you have to remember that Vanderbilt is a big name =P

grassynome
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby grassynome » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 am

Wow I just got wait listed! Considering I was thinking rejection this makes me way happy :mrgreen:

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby timeandspace11 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:50 am

grassynome wrote:Wow I just got wait listed! Considering I was thinking rejection this makes me way happy :mrgreen:


Congrats! With fewer applicants this cycle you never know

grassynome
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby grassynome » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:26 am

Thanks! When schools pull from wait lists how long do they usually give a waitlistiee to decide if they will attend? Also anyone know if vanderbilt is generous with financial aid historically?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:24 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Complete 1/24
Decision mail date 1/31
:shock:

I can't tell you how jealous I am of the quick turnaround. I hope it's good news!!!

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby nickb285 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Came home to a waitlist. No surprises there.

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby timeandspace11 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:59 am

grassynome wrote:Thanks! When schools pull from wait lists how long do they usually give a waitlistiee to decide if they will attend? Also anyone know if vanderbilt is generous with financial aid historically?


Im not sure about the first question. As for the second I believe I have heard a few Vandy law students say that the school is very generous with scholarship money. I was looking up people with my numbers and quite a few got a good portion of scholarship money.

User avatar
Bloomsie
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Bloomsie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:13 am

shifty_eyed wrote:Complete 1/24
Decision mail date 1/31
:shock:


I have exactly the same dates. I didn't interview, so I've been worried, but my numbers were good for Vandy. I can't imagine they'd be doing that quick a turnaround for a rejection with the terrible (for them) number of applicants?

User avatar
marbellie
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:37 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby marbellie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:24 am

Bloomsie wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Complete 1/24
Decision mail date 1/31
:shock:


I have exactly the same dates. I didn't interview, so I've been worried, but my numbers were good for Vandy. I can't imagine they'd be doing that quick a turnaround for a rejection with the terrible (for them) number of applicants?


Honestly I think it must be a great sign. My decision was mailed out two days after my app went complete and it was good news. Good luck regardless!~

Mep09
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Mep09 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:31 pm

I've been complete since December and still don't have a decision..They took a while to get back to me about my interview and I just had it via Skype last week so the interviewer told me to expect a decision around mid-February. Congrats to all those who were admitted and good luck to everyone else still waiting!

User avatar
rabbitrun
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby rabbitrun » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:29 pm

I've been complete since late November. Vandy is sort of a long shot for me. I also am afraid that my interviewer didn't turn anything in for me bc he seemed a little confused about the process. Any thoughts about when I should send a LOCI?

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:38 pm

marbellie wrote:
Bloomsie wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Complete 1/24
Decision mail date 1/31
:shock:


I have exactly the same dates. I didn't interview, so I've been worried, but my numbers were good for Vandy. I can't imagine they'd be doing that quick a turnaround for a rejection with the terrible (for them) number of applicants?


Honestly I think it must be a great sign. My decision was mailed out two days after my app went complete and it was good news. Good luck regardless!~


Got a black box today! :D :D :D

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:38 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
Got a black box today! :D :D :D

:!: :!: :!: :!:

YAY

ETA: I'm legitimately happy about this one. I was faking it for the rest of you.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby danitt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:42 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
Got a black box today! :D :D :D

:!: :!: :!: :!:

YAY

ETA: I'm legitimately happy about this one. I was faking it for the rest of you.

Eaux.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:43 pm

danitt wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
Got a black box today! :D :D :D

:!: :!: :!: :!:

YAY

ETA: I'm legitimately happy about this one. I was faking it for the rest of you.

Eaux.

Her numbers are more similar to (even if better than) mine.

User avatar
Bloomsie
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Bloomsie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
marbellie wrote:
Bloomsie wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Complete 1/24
Decision mail date 1/31
:shock:


I have exactly the same dates. I didn't interview, so I've been worried, but my numbers were good for Vandy. I can't imagine they'd be doing that quick a turnaround for a rejection with the terrible (for them) number of applicants?


Honestly I think it must be a great sign. My decision was mailed out two days after my app went complete and it was good news. Good luck regardless!~


Got a black box today! :D :D :D


You're killing me, bro. I won't find out until I get home from work.

Seriously, though, congrats.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, KatCoco, Lumis and 15 guests