Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:39 am

Also, I've been complete since 11/5. Don't get impatient yet

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:51 am

Thank you.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby danitt » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:56 am

I was complete since 9/16 or something like that and I just got in last week.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Gisney » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 pm

For those who applied to for a law scholars merit award, did they send you guys a confirmation email?

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 10955
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:52 pm

First! But in a depressing way. I got my rejection letter Saturday, and I'm the first red dot on LSN's Vanderbilt graph. Good luck to all.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:34 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:First! But in a depressing way. I got my rejection letter Saturday, and I'm the first red dot on LSN's Vanderbilt graph. Good luck to all.

I know we don't always see eye-to-eye, but this actually made me a little sad. Sorry, dude :(

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby porch » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Gisney wrote:For those who applied to for a law scholars merit award, did they send you guys a confirmation email?


Yes. It was very simple though.

Vuls wrote: Thank you for your email. We have included this information in your file.

Sincerely,

Kristy Maloy


shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:42 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:First! But in a depressing way. I got my rejection letter Saturday, and I'm the first red dot on LSN's Vanderbilt graph. Good luck to all.

Sorry, merkin.

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 10955
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:First! But in a depressing way. I got my rejection letter Saturday, and I'm the first red dot on LSN's Vanderbilt graph. Good luck to all.

I know we don't always see eye-to-eye, but this actually made me a little sad. Sorry, dude :(


It sucks, but I'll be fine. I've got 58 credit hours with a 2.38 GPA from 1999-2001. My grades from the rest of my degree since 2011 are at a 3.95. If I can perform like that in law school, hopefully I'll have a shot at a transfer to somewhere awesome. My rejection wasn't a surprise, just a disappointment. A 3.19 LSAC GPA kind of fucks you.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:58 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:First! But in a depressing way. I got my rejection letter Saturday, and I'm the first red dot on LSN's Vanderbilt graph. Good luck to all.

I know we don't always see eye-to-eye, but this actually made me a little sad. Sorry, dude :(


It sucks, but I'll be fine. I've got 58 credit hours with a 2.38 GPA from 1999-2001. My grades from the rest of my degree since 2011 are at a 3.95. If I can perform like that in law school, hopefully I'll have a shot at a transfer to somewhere awesome. My rejection wasn't a surprise, just a disappointment. A 3.19 LSAC GPA kind of fucks you.

As a 2.X GPA, I totally feel you.

maxiguess
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby maxiguess » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:First! But in a depressing way. I got my rejection letter Saturday, and I'm the first red dot on LSN's Vanderbilt graph. Good luck to all.

I know we don't always see eye-to-eye, but this actually made me a little sad. Sorry, dude :(


It sucks, but I'll be fine. I've got 58 credit hours with a 2.38 GPA from 1999-2001. My grades from the rest of my degree since 2011 are at a 3.95. If I can perform like that in law school, hopefully I'll have a shot at a transfer to somewhere awesome. My rejection wasn't a surprise, just a disappointment. A 3.19 LSAC GPA kind of fucks you.


Similar situation. 1.96 academic probation in my first year at community college (in 2001), then dean's honor list for my degree. I'm expecting a lot of rejections because of that first year.

User avatar
rabbitrun
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby rabbitrun » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:28 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:First! But in a depressing way. I got my rejection letter Saturday, and I'm the first red dot on LSN's Vanderbilt graph. Good luck to all.


Oh man, this is terrible terrible news for me as a 3.2 (and for you too, I'm sorry for being self-centered).

User avatar
mitvahbaby
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby mitvahbaby » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Hiya everybody! Just found the forum today, was accepted 12/10 via black box shipped abroad to me.
165/3.87
Vandy is my top choice although comparing scholarship offers will have a bearing on my decision as well.
Good luck to those of you waiting!

User avatar
efresh88
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby efresh88 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Accepted today via the ginormous FedEx box

165/3.87 URM MA

Interview 11/05
Complete 11/14

aprilvu
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby aprilvu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 pm

About how long do the decisions take?

Spikedude
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Spikedude » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:36 pm

I went to check the mail a few moments ago and saw a big, crumpled up, white package from Vandy. What a petty, insolent fool I was; to think that a heavy envelope from admissions meant acceptance.

You didn't need to first class me your school brochure Vandy.

not chill dude...not chill

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Spikedude wrote:I went to check the mail a few moments ago and saw a big, crumpled up, white package from Vandy. What a petty, insolent fool I was; to think that a heavy envelope from admissions meant acceptance.

You didn't need to first class me your school brochure Vandy.

not chill dude...not chill


I thought the exact same thing! Applied a month ago. Getting the view book today was nice but also a false cause of a heart attack.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby teiswei » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
Spikedude wrote:I went to check the mail a few moments ago and saw a big, crumpled up, white package from Vandy. What a petty, insolent fool I was; to think that a heavy envelope from admissions meant acceptance.

You didn't need to first class me your school brochure Vandy.

not chill dude...not chill


I thought the exact same thing! Applied a month ago. Getting the view book today was nice but also a false cause of a heart attack.

To be fair, they do tell you on the app that they are sending it. Also, the acceptance comes FedEx in a black box.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 pm

teiswei wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
Spikedude wrote:I went to check the mail a few moments ago and saw a big, crumpled up, white package from Vandy. What a petty, insolent fool I was; to think that a heavy envelope from admissions meant acceptance.

You didn't need to first class me your school brochure Vandy.

not chill dude...not chill


I thought the exact same thing! Applied a month ago. Getting the view book today was nice but also a false cause of a heart attack.

To be fair, they do tell you on the app that they are sending it. Also, the acceptance comes FedEx in a black box.


I know both. I appriciate the view book! I actually think it's well done. It's just that it's been about a month since I applied so it caught me by suprise.

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:56 am

Holy shit.

LSAC Number: ***
Step In Process Date
Application Received Date: 1/7/2013
LSDAS Request Date: 1/7/2013
Completed Date: 1/10/2013
Decision Mailed Date: 01/22/2013

How long do you think it will take to receive my decision? I really hope it's a box!!!!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 am

fallingup wrote:Holy shit.

LSAC Number: ***
Step In Process Date
Application Received Date: 1/7/2013
LSDAS Request Date: 1/7/2013
Completed Date: 1/10/2013
Decision Mailed Date: 01/22/2013

How long do you think it will take to receive my decision? I really hope it's a box!!!!

It's shipped by FedEx, so watch for it tomorrow.

BigZuck
Posts: 10851
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 am

fallingup wrote:Holy shit.

LSAC Number: ***
Step In Process Date
Application Received Date: 1/7/2013
LSDAS Request Date: 1/7/2013
Completed Date: 1/10/2013
Decision Mailed Date: 01/22/2013

How long do you think it will take to receive my decision? I really hope it's a box!!!!


My box was sent fedex two day I believe. If you tell us your numbers we can tell you if it's a box or not.

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:10 am

3.57 170

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:10 am

fallingup wrote:3.57 170

If I had to guess, I'd say box. Just wait and see, though. None of us have a clue what we're talking about.

BigZuck
Posts: 10851
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 am

Highly inclined to say box as well.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GOODWORKSTE, Houzy, JazzyMac, The_Lorax and 13 guests