Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JXander » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Midas Whale wrote:In via email this morning. Submitted early Feb.

Anyone know anything/have an opinion on their ASP? I have to fly and it's pretty short notice (4/5) but I would like to check it out.

Via email? Are you international?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Midas Whale wrote:In via email this morning. Submitted early Feb.

Anyone know anything/have an opinion on their ASP? I have to fly and it's pretty short notice (4/5) but I would like to check it out.

If you really wanna go, call them. I'm sure they'd be willing to work with you since you were just admitted.

jym_dawg
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jym_dawg » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:29 pm

Finally withdrew so there's another spot and some $$$ back in the pool. Hope it goes to one of y'all. Best of luck to everyone still waiting for a decision!

Midas Whale
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:39 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Midas Whale » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:31 pm

JXander wrote:
Midas Whale wrote:In via email this morning. Submitted early Feb.

Anyone know anything/have an opinion on their ASP? I have to fly and it's pretty short notice (4/5) but I would like to check it out.

Via email? Are you international?


No I just saw the email at work in the A.M. Found the fedex black box waiting for me when I got home .

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Midas Whale wrote:In via email this morning. Submitted early Feb.

Anyone know anything/have an opinion on their ASP? I have to fly and it's pretty short notice (4/5) but I would like to check it out.

If you really wanna go, call them. I'm sure they'd be willing to work with you since you were just admitted.


I thought they're doing everything via postal (rejection/WL) and fedex (black box etc.) do they notify via email too? Did this happened to others? I am out of the country and have no address until mid may and Im worried about this.

Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Tremendous » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Does anyone else think that the cost of living figure they've listed ($22,356) here -- http://law.vanderbilt.edu/prospective-s ... index.aspx -- is outrageously high?

This includes everything except for books and tuition. I feel that living in Nashville should be cheaper than $1065/month for most people, and that they've allocated way too much for personal/miscellaneous expenditures after you've already accounted for transpo/food/housing.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:06 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Midas Whale wrote:In via email this morning. Submitted early Feb.

Anyone know anything/have an opinion on their ASP? I have to fly and it's pretty short notice (4/5) but I would like to check it out.

If you really wanna go, call them. I'm sure they'd be willing to work with you since you were just admitted.


I thought they're doing everything via postal (rejection/WL) and fedex (black box etc.) do they notify via email too? Did this happened to others? I am out of the country and have no address until mid may and Im worried about this.

If you don't hear anything by the end of next week, you could email and let them know that you're out of the country with no forwarding address and see if they would make an exception for you.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:07 pm

Tremendous wrote:Does anyone else think that the cost of living figure they've listed ($22,356) here -- http://law.vanderbilt.edu/prospective-s ... index.aspx -- is outrageously high?

This includes everything except for books and tuition. I feel that living in Nashville should be cheaper than $1065/month for most people, and that they've allocated way too much for personal/miscellaneous expenditures after you've already accounted for transpo/food/housing.


They say over and over in their presentations and financial aid letters that their figures allow for a very lavish lifestyle and that most single students will need much, much less money than what is allotted. Rent immediately around Vanderbilt seems a little pricey, but once you get half a mile or more away, things fall to way cheaper than any other city I've lived in. They do it because it keeps them from having to deal with appeals for a higher allowance due to childcare, emergencies, etc.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Midas Whale wrote:In via email this morning. Submitted early Feb.

Anyone know anything/have an opinion on their ASP? I have to fly and it's pretty short notice (4/5) but I would like to check it out.

If you really wanna go, call them. I'm sure they'd be willing to work with you since you were just admitted.


I thought they're doing everything via postal (rejection/WL) and fedex (black box etc.) do they notify via email too? Did this happened to others? I am out of the country and have no address until mid may and Im worried about this.

If you don't hear anything by the end of next week, you could email and let them know that you're out of the country with no forwarding address and see if they would make an exception for you.


I don't have decision mailed date yet. But I will do that. But from this poster it appears that them emailing a decision I pretty common. Untrue?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 pm

JayJones78 wrote:I don't have decision mailed date yet. But I will do that. But from this poster it appears that them emailing a decision I pretty common. Untrue?

One person saying that they were admitted via email doesn't make it common.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:13 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I don't have decision mailed date yet. But I will do that. But from this poster it appears that them emailing a decision I pretty common. Untrue?

One person saying that they were admitted via email doesn't make it common.


True. Just made me wonder

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Overthrow OP.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:23 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Overthrow OP.

DLS yet?

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:28 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Overthrow OP.

DLS yet?

I went complete 3 days ago.....no

rfar1815
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby rfar1815 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:37 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I don't have decision mailed date yet. But I will do that. But from this poster it appears that them emailing a decision I pretty common. Untrue?

One person saying that they were admitted via email doesn't make it common.


I was admitted via email, FWIW. That was back in December though.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:39 pm

rfar1815 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I don't have decision mailed date yet. But I will do that. But from this poster it appears that them emailing a decision I pretty common. Untrue?

One person saying that they were admitted via email doesn't make it common.


I was admitted via email, FWIW. That was back in December though.

Any special circumstances?

rfar1815
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby rfar1815 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:45 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
rfar1815 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I don't have decision mailed date yet. But I will do that. But from this poster it appears that them emailing a decision I pretty common. Untrue?

One person saying that they were admitted via email doesn't make it common.


I was admitted via email, FWIW. That was back in December though.

Any special circumstances?


Their email said something about the traditional black box being delayed. Not sure what the hold up was. Glad they did it though, I was out of town and wouldn't have checked my mail till mid January.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:45 pm

rfar1815 wrote:Their email said something about the traditional black box being delayed. Not sure what the hold up was. Glad they did it though, I was out of town and wouldn't have checked my mail till mid January.

OH! I think they ran out of boxes after the first few rounds, I remember this now.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:47 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
rfar1815 wrote:Their email said something about the traditional black box being delayed. Not sure what the hold up was. Glad they did it though, I was out of town and wouldn't have checked my mail till mid January.

OH! I think they ran out of boxes after the first few rounds, I remember this now.

So....am I getting a black box?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:47 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
rfar1815 wrote:Their email said something about the traditional black box being delayed. Not sure what the hold up was. Glad they did it though, I was out of town and wouldn't have checked my mail till mid January.

OH! I think they ran out of boxes after the first few rounds, I remember this now.

So....am I getting a black box?

Dunno what color the new ones are. I heard whispers of a taupe.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:11 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Overthrow OP.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby TheThriller » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Still haven't heard anyword yet, sent a LOCI Friday but haven't received a confirmation.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15395
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sublime » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:25 pm

..

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:43 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Overthrow OP.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

UselessKnowledge
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby UselessKnowledge » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Complete since mid December, still NOTHING. Looks like another rejection. Most people who applied around the time I did have heard back from what I've seen on LSN. It's already April!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”