Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ALgooner
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ALgooner » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Hotel prices are ridic anywhere near Vandy for this weekend. I was about to suck it up and book one of them, but Ryan Willard hooked me up with an overnight host today! I'm pumped. Anyone going to bar review tomorrow night?

Iamnotworthy
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Iamnotworthy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Iamnotworthy wrote:Just saw I had a 3/8 mail date after waiting nearly 5 months

Not like this Vandy :(


Waitlisted :(

Good luck everyone else

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:23 pm

ALgooner wrote:Hotel prices are ridic anywhere near Vandy for this weekend. I was about to suck it up and book one of them, but Ryan Willard hooked me up with an overnight host today! I'm pumped. Anyone going to bar review tomorrow night?

I'm not sure yet. Might save my out-going for Friday night when I don't have to be on campus at 7:30 the next morning. -_-

User avatar
stone_fox
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby stone_fox » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Iamnotworthy wrote:
Iamnotworthy wrote:Just saw I had a 3/8 mail date after waiting nearly 5 months

Not like this Vandy :(


Waitlisted :(

Good luck everyone else


Sorry about that. I got the WL as well. Does anyone know how much movement the Vandy waitlist usually gets?

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Crowing » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:32 pm

ALgooner wrote:Hotel prices are ridic anywhere near Vandy for this weekend. I was about to suck it up and book one of them, but Ryan Willard hooked me up with an overnight host today! I'm pumped. Anyone going to bar review tomorrow night?


I'm probs gonna skip going out tomorrow night because I need lots of sleep or I won't wake up.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Crowing wrote:
ALgooner wrote:Hotel prices are ridic anywhere near Vandy for this weekend. I was about to suck it up and book one of them, but Ryan Willard hooked me up with an overnight host today! I'm pumped. Anyone going to bar review tomorrow night?


I'm probs gonna skip going out tomorrow night because I need lots of sleep or I won't wake up.

I'm conflicted on this one, but I'm pretty sure I won't have a choice.

User avatar
westphiladelphia
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby westphiladelphia » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:28 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Crowing wrote:
ALgooner wrote:Hotel prices are ridic anywhere near Vandy for this weekend. I was about to suck it up and book one of them, but Ryan Willard hooked me up with an overnight host today! I'm pumped. Anyone going to bar review tomorrow night?


I'm probs gonna skip going out tomorrow night because I need lots of sleep or I won't wake up.

I'm conflicted on this one, but I'm pretty sure I won't have a choice.


pretty sure I'll go out to bar review for a bit.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:28 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Crowing wrote:
ALgooner wrote:Hotel prices are ridic anywhere near Vandy for this weekend. I was about to suck it up and book one of them, but Ryan Willard hooked me up with an overnight host today! I'm pumped. Anyone going to bar review tomorrow night?


I'm probs gonna skip going out tomorrow night because I need lots of sleep or I won't wake up.

I'm conflicted on this one, but I'm pretty sure I won't have a choice.


pretty sure I'll go out to bar review for a bit.

When you flying out? 11am tomorrow? If so, vino volo in Terminal C, 9:30am. Be there.

User avatar
westphiladelphia
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby westphiladelphia » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:30 pm

shntn wrote:When you flying out? 11am tomorrow? If so, vino volo in Terminal C, 9:30am. Be there.



fuuuuuck, 10 AM.

and eff chick-fil-a for being a bunch of dirtbags and ruining my B/C Terminal chicken biscuit ritual.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:When you flying out? 11am tomorrow? If so, vino volo in Terminal C, 9:30am. Be there.



fuuuuuck, 10 AM.

and eff chick-fil-a for being a bunch of dirtbags and ruining my B/C Terminal chicken biscuit ritual.

Boo.

User avatar
westphiladelphia
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby westphiladelphia » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 pm

shntn wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:When you flying out? 11am tomorrow? If so, vino volo in Terminal C, 9:30am. Be there.



fuuuuuck, 10 AM.

and eff chick-fil-a for being a bunch of dirtbags and ruining my B/C Terminal chicken biscuit ritual.

Boo.


we are but ships, passing in the fluorescent hallways of America's most amazingly frustrating airport.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:42 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:When you flying out? 11am tomorrow? If so, vino volo in Terminal C, 9:30am. Be there.



fuuuuuck, 10 AM.

and eff chick-fil-a for being a bunch of dirtbags and ruining my B/C Terminal chicken biscuit ritual.

Boo.


we are but ships, passing in the fluorescent hallways of America's most amazingly frustrating airport.

Never been to LaGuardia, eh? Also Miami wins hands down for the longest lines, every time.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 pm

shntn wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:
fuuuuuck, 10 AM.

and eff chick-fil-a for being a bunch of dirtbags and ruining my B/C Terminal chicken biscuit ritual.

Boo.


we are but ships, passing in the fluorescent hallways of America's most amazingly frustrating airport.

Never been to LaGuardia, eh? Also Miami wins hands down for the longest lines, every time.


I'v traveled about 20K domestically last year.
Best connecting airport is hands down DTW

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:51 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
I'v traveled about 20K domestically last year.
Best connecting airport is hands down DTW

Well I'll be there tomorrow.

And if we're talking overall, Bangkok has to get my vote. Lemongrass tea, massage, and open bar while waiting for a flight? Yes, please!

User avatar
westphiladelphia
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby westphiladelphia » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 pm

shntn wrote:Never been to LaGuardia, eh? Also Miami wins hands down for the longest lines, every time.


touche, gurl. well played. I take it back. need a vino volo reminder to keep me grounded.

anyway, very pumped for vanderbilt and nashville. always been a top choice of mine.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 pm

shntn wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
I'v traveled about 20K domestically last year.
Best connecting airport is hands down DTW

Well I'll be there tomorrow.

And if we're talking overall, Bangkok has to get my vote. Lemongrass tea, massage, and open bar while waiting for a flight? Yes, please!

Meant domestically.

FOA DTW has coffee bean and as someone who lived on the east coast and PNW whenever I can get some powder loving Ice Blended I'll take it. It has pretty good dine in options with a nice middle eastern resturant. And you don't have to walk from one end to the other cause they have a rail.
Oh and they play house music in the underground walkways.

ATL can be good, depending where. It's new intl terminal has a good tough expensive dine in resturant.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby danitt » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:Never been to LaGuardia, eh? Also Miami wins hands down for the longest lines, every time.


touche, gurl. well played. I take it back. need a vino volo reminder to keep me grounded.

anyway, very pumped for vanderbilt and nashville. always been a top choice of mine.

I have to connect through Miami to go home and it is hellacious. I never schedule my connectings with less than a three hour window.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:Never been to LaGuardia, eh? Also Miami wins hands down for the longest lines, every time.


touche, gurl. well played. I take it back. need a vino volo reminder to keep me grounded.

anyway, very pumped for vanderbilt and nashville. always been a top choice of mine.

PM me yo digits (which I might already have since I haven't deleted a number from my phone since forever.) We'll make lulz.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 pm

danitt wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:Never been to LaGuardia, eh? Also Miami wins hands down for the longest lines, every time.


touche, gurl. well played. I take it back. need a vino volo reminder to keep me grounded.

anyway, very pumped for vanderbilt and nashville. always been a top choice of mine.

I have to connect through Miami to go home and it is hellacious. I never schedule my connectings with less than a three hour window.

THE LINES. I always got there well in advance of my flight and never had any time to spare.

User avatar
ALgooner
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ALgooner » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Yea I'm not planning on getting crazy or anything, but my student host is going to bar review so I figured I'd tag along and socialize. I'm packing right now. What are ya'll bringing to wear on Friday? Will khakis/button down do or is it more formal?

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby danitt » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:59 pm

shntn wrote:
danitt wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:Never been to LaGuardia, eh? Also Miami wins hands down for the longest lines, every time.


touche, gurl. well played. I take it back. need a vino volo reminder to keep me grounded.

anyway, very pumped for vanderbilt and nashville. always been a top choice of mine.

I have to connect through Miami to go home and it is hellacious. I never schedule my connectings with less than a three hour window.

THE LINES

Life is going to suck when I can't hit up that special line anymore. Regretting my life choices whenever I think about MIA.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 pm

danitt wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:Never been to LaGuardia, eh? Also Miami wins hands down for the longest lines, every time.


touche, gurl. well played. I take it back. need a vino volo reminder to keep me grounded.

anyway, very pumped for vanderbilt and nashville. always been a top choice of mine.

I have to connect through Miami to go home and it is hellacious. I never schedule my connectings with less than a three hour window.

Have you done customs in Miami before? I've only done international flights through Ft Lauderdale it was consistently 3-4 hours for non-residents. I have a friend flying in from Spain next month and need to know how many hours I should plan on being late.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 pm

ALgooner wrote:Yea I'm not planning on getting crazy or anything, but my student host is going to bar review so I figured I'd tag along and socialize. I'm packing right now. What are ya'll bringing to wear on Friday? Will khakis/button down do or is it more formal?

I'm wearing jeans and whatever is weather-appropriate up top.

And no clue what my host is doing. I already told him I'll probably do my own thing.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby danitt » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
danitt wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:
shntn wrote:Never been to LaGuardia, eh? Also Miami wins hands down for the longest lines, every time.


touche, gurl. well played. I take it back. need a vino volo reminder to keep me grounded.

anyway, very pumped for vanderbilt and nashville. always been a top choice of mine.

I have to connect through Miami to go home and it is hellacious. I never schedule my connectings with less than a three hour window.

Have you done customs in Miami before? I've only done international flights through Ft Lauderdale it was consistently 3-4 hours for non-residents. I have a friend flying in from Spain next month and need to know how many hours I should plan on being late.

I have an official passport right now so I typically don't have to deal with that. Yet.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:02 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Have you done customs in Miami before? I've only done international flights through Ft Lauderdale it was consistently 3-4 hours for non-residents. I have a friend flying in from Spain next month and need to know how many hours I should plan on being late.

I have, and it sucks, even for citizens. I'd give it at least 2-3 hours. Though tell her to not be a cheapass and just text you.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, doc b, Kungfu Wontons, lawschoolbound2017, premalone, sec_undergrad, TakeItToTrial, tlee13 and 14 guests