Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DaRascal

Gold

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by DaRascal » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:29 pm

It's my school's mailing station. :arrow:

timeandspace11

Silver

Post by timeandspace11 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:48 pm

Checking in!! I am probably going to submit tomorrow. I know it is late, but I figure with the low applicant cycle I will have a better shot than I would in past years. 168/3.55.

The only problem I have is I didnt get a fee waiver from the school. I tried to solicit one back in November and they neither rejected nor accepted my request. They basically said they would consider it. Im wondering If I should try and send them another email, but Im worried that would come off as pushy. If worse comes to worse I can live with spending the $71. Id be really excited to go to this school.

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:02 pm

timeandspace11 wrote:Checking in!! I am probably going to submit tomorrow. I know it is late, but I figure with the low applicant cycle I will have a better shot than I would in past years. 168/3.55.

The only problem I have is I didnt get a fee waiver from the school. I tried to solicit one back in November and they neither rejected nor accepted my request. They basically said they would consider it. Im wondering If I should try and send them another email, but Im worried that would come off as pushy. If worse comes to worse I can live with spending the $71. Id be really excited to go to this school.
I would say just give them a call and follow up on it. they gave me one and my LSAT is lower than yours.

timeandspace11

Silver

Post by timeandspace11 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:30 pm

UMich11 wrote:
timeandspace11 wrote:Checking in!! I am probably going to submit tomorrow. I know it is late, but I figure with the low applicant cycle I will have a better shot than I would in past years. 168/3.55.

I would say just give them a call and follow up on it. they gave me one and my LSAT is lower than yours.
Thanks for the advice. I will probably call or send another email tomorrow.

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 pm

timeandspace11 wrote:
UMich11 wrote:

I would call. It's always harder for someone to avoid you, or dance around the topic/answer when you talk to them face to face (voice to voice) than an email. Plus emails can be lost or flooded and the delay would not serve you well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

drinion

Bronze

Post by drinion » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Application Received Date: 9/10/2012
LSDAS Request Date: 9/10/2012
Completed Date: 9/11/2012
Decision Mailed Date: 01/25/2013

I'm hoping for the best, but I'm pretty borderline, too. Maybe they waited to get a better idea of the overall applicant pool and finally decided to let some strong, early, borderline applicants in!

timeandspace11

Silver

Post by timeandspace11 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:51 pm

UMich11 wrote:
timeandspace11 wrote:
UMich11 wrote:

I would call. It's always harder for someone to avoid you, or dance around the topic/answer when you talk to them face to face (voice to voice) than an email. Plus emails can be lost or flooded and the delay would not serve you well.
Thats a good point. Like I said Im just worried about coming off as pushy, but Im sure they would understand why I would be trying to make things more affordable for myself.

teiswei

Silver

Post by teiswei » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:57 pm

timeandspace11 wrote: Thats a good point. Like I said Im just worried about coming off as pushy, but Im sure they would understand why I would be trying to make things more affordable for myself.
Well you have a valid reason... You tried and haven't heard, technically you're "following-up"

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:56 pm

drinion wrote:Application Received Date: 9/10/2012

I'm hoping for the best, but I'm pretty borderline, too. Maybe they waited to get a better idea of the overall applicant pool and finally decided to let some strong, early, borderline applicants in!
Number twins, good luck!! Looks like tomorrow is the moment of truth

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wert3813

Silver

Post by wert3813 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 am

drinion wrote:Application Received Date: 9/10/2012

Genuinely curious please post tomorrow. I doubt it is a ding.

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 am

My prelaw advisor is a Vandy alum and claimed that she called the director of admissions and "drew positive attention to my file", but then I botched the Skype interview by not realizing my camera was working but hers wasn't, so I feel like its a wash. Hoping for a WL.

WDH

New

Post by WDH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 am

Xs20 wrote:My prelaw advisor is a Vandy alum and claimed that she called the director of admissions and "drew positive attention to my file", but then I botched the Skype interview by not realizing my camera was working but hers wasn't, so I feel like its a wash. Hoping for a WL.

I think this camera incident needs more of a story...

mg7

Bronze

Post by mg7 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:40 am

WDH wrote:
Xs20 wrote:My prelaw advisor is a Vandy alum and claimed that she called the director of admissions and "drew positive attention to my file", but then I botched the Skype interview by not realizing my camera was working but hers wasn't, so I feel like its a wash. Hoping for a WL.

I think this camera incident needs more of a story...
+1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:55 am

Oh god, I guess I haven't posted it here yet. What a disaster. So I had a Skype interview with one of the admissions officers, and when she called me, neither of us could see each other on the screen. After a couple minutes of both of us messing with settings (I hadn't used Skype since like 2002), she said, "hang on, I'll end the call and call you right back." So she did, and we had the same problem. Repeat a few more times, and she finally said, "ok, let's go ahead and get started." I still couldn't see her at this point, so I figured she couldn't see me either and we were just giving up on the video part. Then at the end, she was like, "oh I'm so embarrassed you can see my messy office!" and I was like "wait... you can see me?" and she was like "yeah, I've seen you this whole time!" So I started freaking out and apologizing profusely and racing back over what I might've done in the last 45 minutes without knowing I was on camera. I know for sure that when I talked I wasn't looking into the camera, or even at the screen. I know I was drinking water in between questions and looking at my resume while she was asking me questions. It was terrible. She was super cool about it though and we actually joked around for a few minutes after that.. she was like, "well at least you don't have posters of naked girls on your walls and weren't drinking a beer or something." Still, I can't imagine it helped my chances. I went to a law school fair a couple weeks later and talked to the guy at the Vandy booth and told him what happened, and he was cracking up and told me he'd tell the lady I interviewed with that I was a good guy and whatnot. So maybe I saved face. But it was still mortifying.

WDH

New

Post by WDH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:03 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It sounds like you saved it and didn't do anything horrible. I don't blame you for worrying about it though. After both my Vandy interview and my GULC alumni interview I initially felt pumped and as time went on I thought of more and more things that I was sure had offended my interviewer or disqualified me from ever even hoping to be accepted.

Vandy turned out to be a success. GULC, well I'm still sweating that out.

timeandspace11

Silver

Post by timeandspace11 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 am

Xs20 wrote:Oh god, I guess I haven't posted it here yet. What a disaster. So I had a Skype interview with one of the admissions officers, and when she called me, neither of us could see each other on the screen. After a couple minutes of both of us messing with settings (I hadn't used Skype since like 2002), she said, "hang on, I'll end the call and call you right back." So she did, and we had the same problem. Repeat a few more times, and she finally said, "ok, let's go ahead and get started." I still couldn't see her at this point, so I figured she couldn't see me either and we were just giving up on the video part. Then at the end, she was like, "oh I'm so embarrassed you can see my messy office!" and I was like "wait... you can see me?" and she was like "yeah, I've seen you this whole time!" So I started freaking out and apologizing profusely and racing back over what I might've done in the last 45 minutes without knowing I was on camera. I know for sure that when I talked I wasn't looking into the camera, or even at the screen. I know I was drinking water in between questions and looking at my resume while she was asking me questions. It was terrible. She was super cool about it though and we actually joked around for a few minutes after that.. she was like, "well at least you don't have posters of naked girls on your walls and weren't drinking a beer or something." Still, I can't imagine it helped my chances. I went to a law school fair a couple weeks later and talked to the guy at the Vandy booth and told him what happened, and he was cracking up and told me he'd tell the lady I interviewed with that I was a good guy and whatnot. So maybe I saved face. But it was still mortifying.
Oh man what a story! Imagine if you were just making funny faces or giving the computer screen the finger because you figured that no one was watching you.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:30 am

Xs20 wrote:Oh god, I guess I haven't posted it here yet. What a disaster. So I had a Skype interview with one of the admissions officers, and when she called me, neither of us could see each other on the screen. After a couple minutes of both of us messing with settings (I hadn't used Skype since like 2002), she said, "hang on, I'll end the call and call you right back." So she did, and we had the same problem. Repeat a few more times, and she finally said, "ok, let's go ahead and get started." I still couldn't see her at this point, so I figured she couldn't see me either and we were just giving up on the video part. Then at the end, she was like, "oh I'm so embarrassed you can see my messy office!" and I was like "wait... you can see me?" and she was like "yeah, I've seen you this whole time!" So I started freaking out and apologizing profusely and racing back over what I might've done in the last 45 minutes without knowing I was on camera. I know for sure that when I talked I wasn't looking into the camera, or even at the screen. I know I was drinking water in between questions and looking at my resume while she was asking me questions. It was terrible. She was super cool about it though and we actually joked around for a few minutes after that.. she was like, "well at least you don't have posters of naked girls on your walls and weren't drinking a beer or something." Still, I can't imagine it helped my chances. I went to a law school fair a couple weeks later and talked to the guy at the Vandy booth and told him what happened, and he was cracking up and told me he'd tell the lady I interviewed with that I was a good guy and whatnot. So maybe I saved face. But it was still mortifying.
lolol nice; it doesn't sound like it was too bad though all in all

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ALgooner

Bronze

Post by ALgooner » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 pm

So, those of us that went Decision Mailed 1/25... if admitted, do you think we would receive the black box today? I saw people saying they are sent via FedEx 2-day. But FedEx doesn't run on Saturday or Sunday. So...I guess that would mean it would come tomorrow (1/29), right?

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:57 pm

ALgooner wrote:So, those of us that went Decision Mailed 1/25... if admitted, do you think we would receive the black box today? I saw people saying they are sent via FedEx 2-day. But FedEx doesn't run on Saturday or Sunday. So...I guess that would mean it would come tomorrow (1/29), right?
Should be, yes.

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:57 pm

ALgooner wrote:So, those of us that went Decision Mailed 1/25... if admitted, do you think we would receive the black box today? I saw people saying they are sent via FedEx 2-day. But FedEx doesn't run on Saturday or Sunday. So...I guess that would mean it would come tomorrow (1/29), right?
This is really creepy, but I noticed that shntn's box was mailed on a Friday and he received it the following Monday. :oops:

timeandspace11

Silver

Post by timeandspace11 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Just sent an email requesting a fee waiver. I was going to call the admissions office but I am at my internship and it is a little to hectic to make calls right now. I'll probably wait a few days and then just apply regardless.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Xs20 wrote:
This is really creepy, but I noticed that shntn's box was mailed on a Friday and he received it the following Monday. :oops:
How do you know so much about shntn's box???

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:03 pm

timeandspace11 wrote:Just sent an email requesting a fee waiver. I was going to call the admissions office but I am at my internship and it is a little to hectic to make calls right now. I'll probably wait a few days and then just apply regardless.
Did you do an interview? I got an unsolicited fee waiver email the day after I interviewed.

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:03 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Xs20 wrote:
:lol: :lol:

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Xs20 wrote:
And actually, Monday was Veteran's Day so it wasn't delivered until Tuesday, IIRC. Would have been a Monday without the holiday, though.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”