Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Cicero76 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Dear Yale,

I have almost convinced myself that I don't care about you and want to go to Harvard anyway.

Please unconvince me.

Sincerely,
Cicero76

vman21
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby vman21 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Cicero76 wrote:Dear Yale,

I have almost convinced myself that I don't care about you and want to go to Harvard anyway.

Please unconvince me.

Sincerely,
Cicero76


+1

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:09 pm

You say that, but you'll run back into their arms if they accept you

khaleesi
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:13 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby khaleesi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:26 pm

vman21 wrote:
bbsg wrote:So not to jinx anything here, but just in CASE I happen to be so-ridiculously-fortunate:

I'm interviewing for a scholarship at NYU in early April. By April 10th I should know if I received it. However, I'm only submitting my Yale app tomorrow. I don't anticipate they'll have reviewed me by April 10th? The NYU scholarship has a firm 3-day timeframe to accept. If I do get the NYU scholarship, is there absolutely nothing I can do at that point if I'm still pending at Yale?

If I knew the details of the NYU bit and the quick turn-around on it, I certainly would have applied to Yale earlier. Gah.

In a worst case scenario I receive neither. My second-worst case scenario, though, would be withdrawing from Yale (my dream school) because NYU ties my hands up here..


You can accept NYU scholarship and also accept Yale -- Asha's blog posts might help you out here:

http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissi ... rency.aspx

http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissi ... power.aspx


Hah. I love that first article. I wanna be bff with Asha.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:26 pm

ok when is the admit tweet coming?

more importantly....is it? or is it just a trickle this year? who are these admits?!?!

jayman12
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jayman12 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Inside source telling me there'll be a lot of calls tmrw afternoon

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:31 pm

jayman12 wrote:Inside source telling me there'll be a lot of calls tmrw afternoon


Don't play with us, Jayman.

catatat
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby catatat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:57 pm

Sooo I've been waiting until the last minute to submit my application because I'm still feeling uncertain about my 250 and am tinkering with it. Now that the application deadline has been moved to March 4th (because of the LSAC website issues), should I wait it out? Or will it look like I am a SUPER procrastinator (I am)?

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:06 pm

I don't even want Yale anymore.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:07 pm

catatat wrote:Sooo I've been waiting until the last minute to submit my application because I'm still feeling uncertain about my 250 and am tinkering with it. Now that the application deadline has been moved to March 4th (because of the LSAC website issues), should I wait it out? Or will it look like I am a SUPER procrastinator (I am)?


Doesn't matter, none of us are getting in anyway.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby carboncopyx » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:14 pm

catatat wrote:Sooo I've been waiting until the last minute to submit my application because I'm still feeling uncertain about my 250 and am tinkering with it. Now that the application deadline has been moved to March 4th (because of the LSAC website issues), should I wait it out? Or will it look like I am a SUPER procrastinator (I am)?

I know people who applied on the last day and still got in. I think for Yale, applying late really DOES NOT matter.

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Audeamus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:18 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
catatat wrote:Sooo I've been waiting until the last minute to submit my application because I'm still feeling uncertain about my 250 and am tinkering with it. Now that the application deadline has been moved to March 4th (because of the LSAC website issues), should I wait it out? Or will it look like I am a SUPER procrastinator (I am)?

I know people who applied on the last day and still got in. I think for Yale, applying late really DOES NOT matter.


+1 they wouldn't have extended the deadline if they weren't going to consider applicants who apply after March 1

User avatar
Eli
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Eli » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:20 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
catatat wrote:Sooo I've been waiting until the last minute to submit my application because I'm still feeling uncertain about my 250 and am tinkering with it. Now that the application deadline has been moved to March 4th (because of the LSAC website issues), should I wait it out? Or will it look like I am a SUPER procrastinator (I am)?

I know people who applied on the last day and still got in. I think for Yale, applying late really DOES NOT matter.


+1

Also, how did you find out the deadline was moved? I didn't see anything on LSAC's website (which works fine for me)

@ManoftheMinute.. BOOOO.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby applemaroon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vman21
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby vman21 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:26 pm

applemaroon wrote:I want the name and social security number of this source RIGHT NOW.


Agree.

Also, one of the latest admits has starred on TV and in several movies while also finishing school several years early with honors.

gg.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 pm

GG indeed. over. gluck all

catatat
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby catatat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Eli wrote:Also, how did you find out the deadline was moved? I didn't see anything on LSAC's website (which works fine for me)


Under "Active Applications" the deadline now says 03/04/2013. Also my prelaw advisor sent out an email saying that schools with March 1 deadlines are extending due to the website problems.

catatat
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby catatat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:38 pm

I wasn't having problems on the site and now... "Session Error" over and over again. Karma?

User avatar
pacifica
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pacifica » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 pm

vman21 wrote:
applemaroon wrote:I want the name and social security number of this source RIGHT NOW.


Agree.

Also, one of the latest admits has starred on TV and in several movies while also finishing school several years early with honors.

gg.



IMDB page please... I'm not as good at stalking

vman21
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby vman21 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:00 pm

<( '.')>
Last edited by vman21 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 pm

YLS Twitter: Just some updates on offers. We've been making small handfuls of offers the past few weeks. We decided not to incite panic and......roil the waters of the twitterverse if we were only making 3 or 4 offers in an evening. Offers are on track compared to last year. More importantly, expect offers throughout this weekend. Time to buy that extended battery pack for your phone.

!!!

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Wormfather wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:YLS Twitter: Just some updates on offers. We've been making small handfuls of offers the past few weeks. We decided not to incite panic and......roil the waters of the twitterverse if we were only making 3 or 4 offers in an evening. Offers are on track compared to last year. More importantly, expect offers throughout this weekend. Time to buy that extended battery pack for your phone.


This actually just ruined my day.


And mine.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:02 am

yeah thats miserable news. lol and here we thought they were waiting for a giant watershed moment. nope, just letting in non tlsers.

vman21
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby vman21 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:05 am

Just as I suspected...

Don't worry guys, there is still no hope.

There never was.

User avatar
robot_socrates
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby robot_socrates » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:22 am

I wonder up to what complete date Yale has accepted so far. I'm late January, so I wonder if it's still safe to assume that no one has seen my app.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: irving80 and 4 guests