Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby carboncopyx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:56 pm

sinfiery wrote:Checking in, just submitted.

Sent a completely unique application for Yale focusing on what I actually did for the last 5ish years. (Completely geeked out!) + a pretty interesting answer to what I've been doing since graduation.

Yay, sinf! Crossing my fingers for you :)

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sinfiery » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks, same to both of you!

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9639
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:40 pm

sinfiery wrote:Thanks, same to both of you!


not cool enough to apply to yale myself, but I'll hope the positive energy spreads to my other applications ;)

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 pm

sinfiery wrote:Checking in, just submitted.

Sent a completely unique application for Yale focusing on what I actually did for the last 5ish years. (Completely geeked out!) + a pretty interesting answer to what I've been doing since graduation.


Good luck! I hope the tailoring works out for you!

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:22 pm

looks like last year, dec/jan submits who were accepted heard back late february, rejects heard back 3/30 and waitlists 4/16.

in other words, keep those phone on this week.

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby domino » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:23 pm

sinfiery wrote:Checking in, just submitted.

Sent a completely unique application for Yale focusing on what I actually did for the last 5ish years. (Completely geeked out!) + a pretty interesting answer to what I've been doing since graduation.


Good luck, twin!

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby carboncopyx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm

az21833 wrote:looks like last year, dec/jan submits who were accepted heard back late february, rejects heard back 3/30 and waitlists 4/16.

in other words, keep those phone on this week.

Greeeeaaaat... I'm going to hate my phone every time it rings this week.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:08 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
az21833 wrote:looks like last year, dec/jan submits who were accepted heard back late february, rejects heard back 3/30 and waitlists 4/16.

in other words, keep those phone on this week.

Greeeeaaaat... I'm going to hate my phone every time it rings this week.


I love that they tweet before making calls. Minimizes this for me.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 pm

predictions for next admit calls tweet?

kertz
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby kertz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 pm

I baselessly predict admit calls in the latter half of next week. I doubt there will be any this week.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:25 pm

There's gotta be calls, it'll have been two weeks since the last ones, and last week of February is normally a (relatively) big wave.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 pm

jselson wrote:There's gotta be calls, it'll have been two weeks since the last ones, and last week of February is normally a (relatively) big wave.


:-D

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 pm

looks like the last big wave actually, with just a trickle afterwards.

are wl and dings both via email?

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:36 pm

az21833 wrote:looks like the last big wave actually, with just a trickle afterwards.

are wl and dings both via email?


Yeah, but with a ding, you also get a gold-plated rejection letter and a bottle of chianti in the mail.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 pm

I think this is also when Jan applicants tend to hear back, so :shock:

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 pm

jselson wrote:I think this is also when Jan applicants tend to hear back, so :shock:


i think only the admits. it looks like rejects hear in late march and waitlists in mid april - by the last two cycles. but if you don't hear by end of this week you can pretty much infer your fate. this is for jan submits

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:40 pm

I look forward to the peace of mind either way.

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 pm

az21833 wrote:
jselson wrote:I think this is also when Jan applicants tend to hear back, so :shock:


i think only the admits. it looks like rejects hear in late march and waitlists in mid april - by the last two cycles. but if you don't hear by end of this week you can pretty much infer your fate. this is for jan submits

As a November submit still sitting in silence,
Image

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 pm

az21833 wrote:
jselson wrote:I think this is also when Jan applicants tend to hear back, so :shock:


i think only the admits. it looks like rejects hear in late march and waitlists in mid april - by the last two cycles. but if you don't hear by end of this week you can pretty much infer your fate. this is for jan submits


Looking at MyLSN, it actually looks like only 60-70% of Jan admits hear back by Feb. Into March and April, it's a smaller number, but some do get in, so until I get an email, I'm holding out hope.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:52 pm

jselson wrote:
az21833 wrote:
jselson wrote:I think this is also when Jan applicants tend to hear back, so :shock:


i think only the admits. it looks like rejects hear in late march and waitlists in mid april - by the last two cycles. but if you don't hear by end of this week you can pretty much infer your fate. this is for jan submits


Looking at MyLSN, it actually looks like only 60-70% of Jan admits hear back by Feb. Into March and April, it's a smaller number, but some do get in, so until I get an email, I'm holding out hope.


yeah there's still a trickle in March / April but its very small. might not even register on TLS.

test
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby test » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:40 pm

I too applied in November with just silence since.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:47 pm

test wrote:I too applied in November with just silence since.


if you can make it through the beginning of march without a ding... WL!

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby toothbrush » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:58 pm

yale really wants to boost their yield #s emailing me again today to remind me to apply by march 1

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:04 pm

toothbrush wrote:yale really wants to boost their yield #s emailing me again today to remind me to apply by march 1


They only email auto-admits... do it!!

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby toothbrush » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:07 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
toothbrush wrote:yale really wants to boost their yield #s emailing me again today to remind me to apply by march 1


They only email auto-admits... do it!!

omg yussssss im in




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”