Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:11 pm

sabanist wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:Asha would. Asha would reject him via email, letter, and howler.

:lol:
Confession time: I spent all of the tenth year of my life waiting for my Hogwarts letter. :oops:

I had a weird dream last night that there was a sort of interview Olympics for all of the remaining applicants. I woke up expecting a decision and was deeply disappointed :lol:
Now I'm even more anxious for movement. Anyone up for some pointless speculation?


Today makes two weeks of silence. My prediction is that tonight a tweet goes out saying bad news tomorrow, and that the past two weeks have been spent preparing a huge batch of dings.

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:14 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Today makes two weeks of silence. My prediction is that tonight a tweet goes out saying bad news tomorrow, and that the past two weeks have been spent preparing a huge batch of dings.

:(
I changed my mind. I don't want to speculate anymore.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:20 pm

sabanist wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Today makes two weeks of silence. My prediction is that tonight a tweet goes out saying bad news tomorrow, and that the past two weeks have been spent preparing a huge batch of dings.

:(
I changed my mind. I don't want to speculate anymore.


See I think a ding, while a disappointment, would be liberating. Yes, I'd rather wait until mid-April if it meant I got an acceptance, but if I got a ding tomorrow I wouldn't be at all upset.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
sabanist wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Today makes two weeks of silence. My prediction is that tonight a tweet goes out saying bad news tomorrow, and that the past two weeks have been spent preparing a huge batch of dings.

:(
I changed my mind. I don't want to speculate anymore.


See I think a ding, while a disappointment, would be liberating. Yes, I'd rather wait until mid-April if it meant I got an acceptance, but if I got a ding tomorrow I wouldn't be at all upset.


Preach it

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:45 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:See I think a ding, while a disappointment, would be liberating. Yes, I'd rather wait until mid-April if it meant I got an acceptance, but if I got a ding tomorrow I wouldn't be at all upset.

I get the liberating thing in the sense that I'm ready for my cycle to be over (and to not have to tell everyone who asks where I'm going that I still don't know), but I would be in a glass case of emotion if/when the ding comes.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:00 pm

sabanist wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:See I think a ding, while a disappointment, would be liberating. Yes, I'd rather wait until mid-April if it meant I got an acceptance, but if I got a ding tomorrow I wouldn't be at all upset.

I get the liberating thing in the sense that I'm ready for my cycle to be over (and to not have to tell everyone who asks where I'm going that I still don't know), but I would be in a glass case of emotion if/when the ding comes.


My cycle has just gone on for so long. I started studying for the LSAT two Novembers ago and took it last February, spent all summer thinking on my apps, all fall and winter waiting. I don't think hardly anyone can actually expect an acceptance from Yale, so I've been mentally prepared to be denied here the whole time. A swift rejection wouldn't be too bad for me.

User avatar
d330
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby d330 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 pm

I don't even post here. It makes the waiting going on at the HLS thread and the anxiety over interview dates and post interview responses all the more neurotic when you realize Yale might let you know if you're in some time in March, no matter when you applied. I think I'll come here every few days just for the reality check. Because I have learned not to even think of when my Yale response will come.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Yukos » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:17 pm

If I somehow get into Yale it will be a damn near impossible decision. A rejection -- the sooner the better -- would be totally cool.

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby callmemaybe84 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:19 pm

All quiet on the YLS Twitter front. Wondering when more decisions will come. Guess February is a quiet month? Most decisions in March, they say, so we should be waiting a couple of weeks?

Agony.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:35 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
sabanist wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Today makes two weeks of silence. My prediction is that tonight a tweet goes out saying bad news tomorrow, and that the past two weeks have been spent preparing a huge batch of dings.

:(
I changed my mind. I don't want to speculate anymore.


See I think a ding, while a disappointment, would be liberating. Yes, I'd rather wait until mid-April if it meant I got an acceptance, but if I got a ding tomorrow I wouldn't be at all upset.


This is what happened with me. For the first few minutes I was sad, and then I felt freer than I had in months. And the fact remains that all of us who feel we have some shot at Yale probably have admissions offers from at least one other amazing school. Getting into Yale is just extra gravy on a biscuit already slathered in gravy.

ETA forgive the food analogy. I've been fasting and I am so hungry.

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby callmemaybe84 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Wormfather wrote:Asha should make some phone calls tomorrow. This thread is quickly becoming a holding chamber of people just wishing to be executed and be done with it. The gallows humor ITT is getting to the point where you would think that people want to go to HYS or SLS but if accepted they'll do some sort of civic duty and go to Yale.


As someone who has dreamed of YLS since I was ten, I hope that this is a mis-characterization. Go to the school you want to go to, for crying out loud.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:24 pm

callmemaybe84 wrote:
Wormfather wrote:Asha should make some phone calls tomorrow. This thread is quickly becoming a holding chamber of people just wishing to be executed and be done with it. The gallows humor ITT is getting to the point where you would think that people want to go to HYS or SLS but if accepted they'll do some sort of civic duty and go to Yale.


As someone who has dreamed of YLS since I was ten, I hope that this is a mis-characterization. Go to the school you want to go to, for crying out loud.


Hmmm... I would think that young kids would dream of Harvard rather than YLS - you must have grown up around some elite folk

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Silence.

Ph297
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Ph297 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Applied last week. Too late?

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Ph297 wrote:Applied last week. Too late?


It's never too late with Yale. Just be prepared to wait til April.

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby callmemaybe84 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:57 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Hmmm... I would think that young kids would dream of Harvard rather than YLS - you must have grown up around some elite folk


True, but I guess I just read the books that made Yale seem more amazing. Bill Clinton's book, for example, or the fact that people like Lessig (the first quasi-legal books I ever read) went there made it seem like the place to be. But yeah, I idealized HLS too, must admit.

Edit: and we should all say high school. Thinking about law school when any of us were ten is an overstatement

spyder11
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby spyder11 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Going to visit YLS this coming Monday. Anyone else going to be there by chance?

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pedestrian » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 pm

spyder11 wrote:Going to visit YLS this coming Monday. Anyone else going to be there by chance?


I was up from NY to do some research in the Sterling archives today. The campus is gorgeous and New Haven is much nicer than I've heard, but I could not work up the courage to venture into the law school. It's like, I need to be baptized first.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 pm

pedestrian wrote:
spyder11 wrote:Going to visit YLS this coming Monday. Anyone else going to be there by chance?


I was up from NY to do some research in the Sterling archives today. The campus is gorgeous and New Haven is much nicer than I've heard, but I could not work up the courage to venture into the law school. It's like, I need to be baptized first.


lol the reverence for YLS ITT is unreal. but yah yale i think is much nicer than it gets credit for, same with nh

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby toothbrush » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 pm

az21833 wrote:
pedestrian wrote:
spyder11 wrote:Going to visit YLS this coming Monday. Anyone else going to be there by chance?


I was up from NY to do some research in the Sterling archives today. The campus is gorgeous and New Haven is much nicer than I've heard, but I could not work up the courage to venture into the law school. It's like, I need to be baptized first.


lol the reverence for YLS ITT is unreal. but yah yale i think is much nicer than it gets credit for, same with nh

i think the problem is the area directly outside of yale. that version of nh is ... lock your doors

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby carboncopyx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:49 pm

toothbrush wrote:i think the problem is the area directly outside of yale. that version of nh is ... lock your doors

Honestly, it's not bad at all and quite gentrified within a half-mile radius of campus. And one rarely has any reason to go beyond that half-mile radius, anyway. People make it out to be much more terrible than it actually is.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby toothbrush » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:52 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
toothbrush wrote:i think the problem is the area directly outside of yale. that version of nh is ... lock your doors

Honestly, it's not bad at all and quite gentrified within a half-mile radius of campus. And one rarely has any reason to go beyond that half-mile radius, anyway. People make it out to be much more terrible than it actually is.

I speak from about 5 years ago experience but a family member works at the yale hospital there (whatever it is) and a family member went to UNH so my impressions of those areas are meh. Yale is a gated campus that is beautiful and the surrounding .5 mile, like you said, is fine. That's the case with MOST schools though i'd say...

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby carboncopyx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 pm

toothbrush wrote:I speak from about 5 years ago experience but a family member works at the yale hospital there (whatever it is) and a family member went to UNH so my impressions of those areas are meh. Yale is a gated campus that is beautiful and the surrounding .5 mile, like you said, is fine. That's the case with MOST schools though i'd say...

Yale-NH hospital is definitely on the outskirts of campus and not as nice of an area, that's true. I don't even know where UNH is, which is testament to how much bigger New Haven is than it appears to be. There are sketchier parts, but all the places a student (and esp at YLS, which is central campus) would need to go is pretty safe. Maybe it just seems nice to me because my definition of sketchy is Berkeley...

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sinfiery » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Checking in, just submitted.

Sent a completely unique application for Yale focusing on what I actually did for the last 5ish years. (Completely geeked out!) + a pretty interesting answer to what I've been doing since graduation.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:50 pm

sinfiery wrote:Checking in, just submitted.

Sent a completely unique application for Yale focusing on what I actually did for the last 5ish years. (Completely geeked out!) + a pretty interesting answer to what I've been doing since graduation.


good luck dude!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hweigel, Kk11, Snowjon and 19 guests