Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:53 pm

polareagle wrote:Submitted a few days after the application opened... radio silence over here.
174 / 3.83 so just above median LSAT and around 25th percentile GPA.

Well, really glad I'm not in limbo alone at least.
Since LSN is down, I'm above both 75ths but a retaker and K-JD so very doubtful about my chances.
I'm trying to caution myself against reading too much into it, but it's sort of hard not to.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:54 pm

So we got dings through dec completes but not jan?

User avatar
Volunteer
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Volunteer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Seriously, ye hath dinged me in the midst of a blizzard? Take it back, please. I'm okay with "that stupid storm Nemo froze our email accounts then sent out mass rejections." (look Asha, the period is WITHIN the quotation marks)

Not surprised but I would have been ok with the dream for another week.

User avatar
davee817
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby davee817 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Dinged. Stanford it is. Yale, y u no love URMs?

User avatar
abcde12345
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby abcde12345 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Volunteer wrote:Seriously, ye hath dinged me in the midst of a blizzard? Take it back, please. I'm okay with "that stupid storm Nemo froze our email accounts then sent out mass rejections." (look Asha, the period is WITHIN the quotation marks)

Not surprised but I would have been ok with the dream for another week.


TLS: where we bitch when we don't hear, and bitch when we do! :P

davee817 wrote:Dinged. Stanford it is. Yale, y u no love URMs?


Be happy--New Haven is a TT city. At Stanford, you don't have to compromise!

Edit for obligatory top of page gif for all of us dings!

--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by abcde12345 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Very sorry for everyone, a lot of these are really surprising.

User avatar
Volunteer
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Volunteer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:02 pm

There is truly no pleasing us unless we all get in our number ones with full schollys and swag in a box.

User avatar
davee817
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby davee817 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:06 pm

abcde12345 wrote:
Volunteer wrote:Seriously, ye hath dinged me in the midst of a blizzard? Take it back, please. I'm okay with "that stupid storm Nemo froze our email accounts then sent out mass rejections." (look Asha, the period is WITHIN the quotation marks)

Not surprised but I would have been ok with the dream for another week.


TLS: where we bitch when we don't hear, and bitch when we do! :P

davee817 wrote:Dinged. Stanford it is. Yale, y u no love URMs?


Be happy--New Haven is a TT city. At Stanford, you don't have to compromise!


Yeah! SLS was my #1 going in. But after reading Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor's memoir, I became a little more interested in YLS. Oh well.

To all my fellow Stanfordians: see you all in Palo Alto next year! :)

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pedestrian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Volunteer wrote:There is truly no pleasing us unless we all get in our number ones with full schollys and swag in a box.


Purrrrrrrr

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Wormfather wrote:Its funny, its seems like a lot of people would rather go to HLS or SLS but if YLS would have called they would have went out of duty or something.

It really feels like the offer you can't refuse.

housebro13
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby housebro13 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:11 pm

sabanist wrote:
Wormfather wrote:Its funny, its seems like a lot of people would rather go to HLS or SLS but if YLS would have called they would have went out of duty or something.

It really feels like the offer you can't refuse.


+1

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby porch » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Ding. UR like 12/10.

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:19 pm

I started to worry about whether these emails were rolling out steadily (vs all one time stamp) and that I might get one later tonight. Then I remembered that my main event of the night is seeing a monologue show about mental health. Can't really think of a better place to pretend I'm crying about something else in public.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby helix23 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:22 pm

no way

oh ok see "fictional" now

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby clouded.memory » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:22 pm

helix23 wrote:no way

+1. Wut?

ETA: Haha, I see the "fictional" now too. Man, really need to bolster those RC skills...

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby helix23 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:25 pm

clouded.memory wrote:
helix23 wrote:no way

+1. Wut?

ETA: Haha, I see the "fictional" now too. Man, really need to bolster those RC skills...


gonna defend myself (and you) and say that he added that after I read it

User avatar
polareagle
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby polareagle » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:31 pm

...
Last edited by polareagle on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby callmemaybe84 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Wormfather wrote:
sabanist wrote:I started to worry about whether these emails were rolling out steadily (vs all one time stamp) and that I might get one later tonight. Then I remembered that my main event of the night is seeing a monologue show about mental health. Can't really think of a better place to pretend I'm crying about something else in public.


Wait you know that they're coming in waves?


Well, the thing is, those of us who are silent are all good applicants. It's a realistic wait-list, with a couple accepts thrown in there IMO. If they were coming in waves, it would be a mix of people who hadn't heard yet? Just a thought.

Edit: This is hugely wishful thinking. It's me trying to comfort myself for the inevitable ding.

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Cicero76 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:59 pm

callmemaybe84 wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
sabanist wrote:I started to worry about whether these emails were rolling out steadily (vs all one time stamp) and that I might get one later tonight. Then I remembered that my main event of the night is seeing a monologue show about mental health. Can't really think of a better place to pretend I'm crying about something else in public.


Wait you know that they're coming in waves?


Well, the thing is, those of us who are silent are all good applicants. It's a realistic wait-list, with a couple accepts thrown in there IMO. If they were coming in waves, it would be a mix of people who hadn't heard yet? Just a thought.

Edit: This is hugely wishful thinking. It's me trying to comfort myself for the inevitable ding.


I would accept this comfort more easily if you put your numbers in your profile.

CALLING WORMFATHER FOR A SMACKDOWN!

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Wormfather wrote:Wait you know that they're coming in waves?

I don't know, hence the worrying.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby porch » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Just losing hope is a crusher. This sucks. :(

mm3456
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mm3456 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Dinged this afternoon.

test
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby test » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:03 pm

Applied Mid November and didnt get a ding or an acceptance during this 48hour cycle. Wait continues...

Alassio
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Alassio » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:52 am

.
Last edited by Alassio on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vman21
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby vman21 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Why oh why did I wait until January 18th to send in my application?

The waiting is burning a hole through most of my organs. I wish I just knew. I expect a reject, but all my friends constantly ask me "so, where you going to law school, breh?" And I always say "Don't know...bruh" with a wan smile...

This is all made much worse by my deep and abiding love for YLS, which I have unhealthily cultivated over the last several years by reading way, way too much about it.

/complaints

Had to get that one off my chest, apologies everyone. For the similarly Yale obsessed, I recommend watching some of these videos to help kill time before the eventual demise: http://vimeo.com/yalelaw/videos/page:1/sort:date




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, Bing [Bot], eyetelyuhwhut, okf731 and 19 guests