Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edgeofthenight » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:10 pm

I have Ben & Jerry's, bacon cheese, and lots of booze. COME AT ME YALE.

Preferably soon?

User avatar
pacifica
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pacifica » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:15 pm

MannaMan wrote:If they push this to tomorrow...


Tomorrow is the start of ASW, so they'll probably be out in full force doing their meet-and-greet and not doing apps, so tonight might be the last "big" movement

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby callmemaybe84 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:23 pm

pacifica wrote:
MannaMan wrote:If they push this to tomorrow...


Tomorrow is the start of ASW, so they'll probably be out in full force doing their meet-and-greet and not doing apps, so tonight might be the last "big" movement


Check their twitter:

"That's it for this evening. Don't forget to check your spam folder. Still waiting? We expect to finish our decisions tomorrow."

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:27 pm

callmemaybe84 wrote:
pacifica wrote:
MannaMan wrote:If they push this to tomorrow...


Tomorrow is the start of ASW, so they'll probably be out in full force doing their meet-and-greet and not doing apps, so tonight might be the last "big" movement


Check their twitter:

"That's it for this evening. Don't forget to check your spam folder. Still waiting? We expect to finish our decisions tomorrow."


I think we can assume even though they sent this out past midnight, they meant tomorrow as 4/17... so it shalln't be pushed to tomorrow!

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby callmemaybe84 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:29 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
callmemaybe84 wrote:
pacifica wrote:
MannaMan wrote:If they push this to tomorrow...


Tomorrow is the start of ASW, so they'll probably be out in full force doing their meet-and-greet and not doing apps, so tonight might be the last "big" movement


Check their twitter:

"That's it for this evening. Don't forget to check your spam folder. Still waiting? We expect to finish our decisions tomorrow."


I think we can assume even though they sent this out past midnight, they meant tomorrow as 4/17... so it shalln't be pushed to tomorrow!


Oh of course. not my point--my point was that tonight will be the last movement that doesn't involve a WL.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 pm

callmemaybe84 wrote:Oh of course. not my point--my point was that tonight will be the last movement that doesn't involve a WL.


Oh foshizzle... good luck to all of you guys still waiting - I have bought into the logic that there will be some solid admits tonight for you smart kids

MannaMan
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MannaMan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:36 pm

I'm interested in seeing how many rejection emails they send out tonight/whenever. Is it really down to the really borderline candidates at this point?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:37 pm

MannaMan wrote:I'm interested in seeing how many rejection emails they send out tonight/whenever. Is it really down to the really borderline candidates at this point?


I still think a lot of people haven't heard, and that there has to be quite a lot of rejections left.

MannaMan
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MannaMan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:38 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
MannaMan wrote:I'm interested in seeing how many rejection emails they send out tonight/whenever. Is it really down to the really borderline candidates at this point?


I still think a lot of people haven't heard, and that there has to be quite a lot of rejections left.


This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why wouldn't they have just sent out the rejection emails already you know?

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edgeofthenight » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:44 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
callmemaybe84 wrote:
pacifica wrote:
MannaMan wrote:If they push this to tomorrow...


Tomorrow is the start of ASW, so they'll probably be out in full force doing their meet-and-greet and not doing apps, so tonight might be the last "big" movement


Check their twitter:

"That's it for this evening. Don't forget to check your spam folder. Still waiting? We expect to finish our decisions tomorrow."


I think we can assume even though they sent this out past midnight, they meant tomorrow as 4/17... so it shalln't be pushed to tomorrow!


The expect is what making me apprehensive.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:08 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
MannaMan wrote:I'm interested in seeing how many rejection emails they send out tonight/whenever. Is it really down to the really borderline candidates at this point?


I still think a lot of people haven't heard, and that there has to be quite a lot of rejections left.


this. i dont think they are letting ppl in the night before admit days. its ding/wl tonight and they are trying to figure out which one we are...IMO

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby applemaroon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm

i also just noticed the "expect" in their tweet. very similar in nature to the "most" in yesterdays tweet. that is intentional

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm

applemaroon wrote:wow we're all still waiting? Tonight is going to be a bloodbath!


lol you would have liked for yls to have trimmed the fat by now? indeed it will be

Alassio
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Alassio » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:18 pm

You know, they never said we would be notified today...just that decisions would be finished

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby applemaroon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:25 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby callmemaybe84 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Just looked at the end of a couple recent years' posts. I was pretty sad.

A WL would seem awesome at this point. Or agonizing.

MannaMan
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MannaMan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Any facebook movement?

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edamame » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:27 pm

MannaMan wrote:Any facebook movement?


Still 216.

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edgeofthenight » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:27 pm

callmemaybe84 wrote:Just looked at the end of a couple recent years' posts. I was pretty sad.


I flipped to the c/o 2015 thread to see if there was any insight about how long this could take...

First post I saw was someone (...a near numbers twin of mine no less) who hadn't received a decision by May 2nd. Turns out, they missed the rejection e-mail/letter.

Well, that's a new fear I didn't need.

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby callmemaybe84 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:31 pm

edgeofthenight wrote:
callmemaybe84 wrote:Just looked at the end of a couple recent years' posts. I was pretty sad.


I flipped to the c/o 2015 thread to see if there was any insight about how long this could take...

First post I saw was someone (...a near numbers twin of mine no less) who hadn't received a decision by May 2nd. Turns out, they missed the rejection e-mail/letter.

Well, that's a new fear I didn't need.


Yeah. That's how I'm feeling right now. Though, they've been pretty good about tweeting, so I'd imagine we'll get a "thats a wrap" tweet

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby applemaroon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:42 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kionaltski
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Kionaltski » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Waitlisted. Yay!

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby callmemaybe84 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:44 pm

applemaroon wrote:Waitlisted just now.

Sigh. It's over finally.


Me too.

EdSaid
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby EdSaid » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Waitlisted.

Now I can stop obsessively checking my email.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloomsday, fattsdomino, Google Adsense [Bot], okf731 and 10 guests